OUTrage! Lies from Religion and History Textbooks.

Then stop :):):):):)ing about islamic science? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Such a double standard.

hehe In hindsight I should've deleted that . But since it is there and quoted I personally keep science and religion seperate. Mendeleev and others were not Orthodox science because they did nothing to the church doctrine.
But putting Mendeleev as inseperable from the CHurch is a nationalist pandering to increase the prestige of the church.

So bringing all invetions to Islamic Science is nationalistic pandering to bring all inventions under the general theme "Glory of Islam!"
That we can all appreciate so we must all appreciate all that Islam has done for us. Not.

Al-Khwarizmi got a few votes in my greatest mathematician poll.

Al-Khwarizmi got a few votes in my greatest mathematician poll.

Was he the result of Islam? Or of being on favorable trade routes between India and Europe.
Very I do not say that there never existed these men but they were not for the glorification of Islam. They may have been Muslim.

I dunno. The correct Russian term is "mrakobesiye", roughly translated as "superstition", but combined with open hostility toward science.

There is another, quite different sort of "Orthodox Science", they harshly criticize 7-day creationism, but then babble about how the contemporary scientific theories fit the theological and philosophical framework laid out by St. Augustine and "patrosaint" ("svyatootecheskiye") thinkers. Here, in Russian again.

This is much less harmful, just nonsensical, and it is definitely not "science", yet one can bet they'll be pushing this nonsense to the schools.

Oh God I don't understand this theology! 7 parts and each one like 20 pages. I regulate this to priests to have them interpret this for me! Lol it is too complex for me. Non of these Church words I know and are alien. My dad is a registered priest and he once told me the word in the russian language that has the most consonants and it is nearly impossible to pronouce! I will ask him later for it as he is not here but I have to say that theology is beyond me and sounds nonsensical but I trust that I only do not understand it because I am not a priest.

They are already pushing nationalism into schools, military style schools. And this religious dogma is glorifying traditional Russian religion. It is simpler like this when it is glorifying something, this I can understand.

But in textbooks in Canada we look down upon Canadian heritage and I think we so heavily hate Canada that we find anything else to replace it. So we love Islam and glorify it in textbooks. I wouldn't mind if they glorified Islam and Science as long as they did equal glorification of Christianity and Science in the same manner!

More glory for Canada is what is needed! More Glory for the whole world! To make us equal to the strong horses of the world that people are attracted to. Osama Bin Laden. We all act like weak horses compared to him no one wants to be Canadian :(

If you don't understand it, it's a plus to you, not minus. :)

Why? You understand it and it is terrible for you? Ignorance is bliss :D
I don't deal with discussions of complex theology! Not at all!

I just want Islamic theology out of my textbooks!

Yeah, you just post on Stormfront and come here for an attempt at an intellectual discussion :lol:

Why? You understand it and it is terrible for you? Ignorance is bliss :D
I don't deal with discussions of complex theology! Not at all!
When did I say I understand it? :)

I said it is nonsense. Nothing to "understand" at all.

Yeah, you just post on Stormfront and come here for an attempt at an intellectual discussion :lol:

What I do on other sites is not consequence here. Though I am still under the 100 post minimum till my posts become unmoderated and I find it very hard to say anything on stormfront... because it takes them like 1 day till they review the post and decide to post it. Plus there is really nothing to say on stormfront. It is all very narrow to one topic. Even more narrow when certain words are banned and will result in removal of post... words that are allowed here in Civfanatics instance. All this and they claim to be free of the "Jewish censorship":rolleyes:

When did I say I understand it? :)

I said it is nonsense. Nothing to "understand" at all.

Then why is it good for me that I don't understand anything? :p You sounded like you understood it and it has made you depressed.
So it is nothing to understand are you congratulating me for not bothering to read 20x7 pages of Theological writings?
Then can you summarize for me, why is it nonsense? :D

Oh, it must be so hard for you with less than 100 posts on stormfront :(

Oh, it must be so hard for you with less than 100 posts on stormfront :(

:mad::mad: COntribute something to the TOPIC!
Now I do not regret this low post count. But I only regret that searching Tekee+Stormfront mixes the reults in with the finnish word tekee. (make)
And an old moderator once welcomed me by saying don't be afraid of Stormfront, we advocate self-love here:love:

Thank you very much!
I hope this closes the discussion on Orthodox Science and it returns now to misuse of the term Islamic Science and its implications.
Well, they have quite a few things in common. Such an attitude "Recently discovered astounding scientific facts, accurately described in the Muslim Holy Book and by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) 14 centuries ago."

Well, they have quite a few things in common. Such an attitude "Recently discovered astounding scientific facts, accurately described in the Muslim Holy Book and by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) 14 centuries ago."

Luckily though this is not taught in textbooks, while the Islamic variation of it is. Here from a google search. Scientific Miracles of the Holy Quran
Mohammed knew about what the human embryo looked like when he comapred it to a leach. Since a leach and embroyo have similar shapes. Only in 1700's did the infidels discover this fact... through microscopes and the work of Leeuwenhoek...
"No if he (the infidel) does not stop, we will take him by the naseyah, a lying sinful naseyah" Quran 96-15-16

Apparently this verse revealed that the front of the head, (the naseyah) is where sin and lies originate from. What is the realtionship? The celebreum is located at the front of the head. SO Mohammed knew about human brain since he mentions that lies and sin originate from the front of the head, the naseyah.

Islamic Science also invented the Big Bang theory, thousand years before the rest of the world could catch up!
Quran verse "We created the heavens with might and indeed we are its expander" Quran 51-47
THis is actually mentioned as in the textbook as the Islamic philosophy that healped develop the modern world. And the modern theory of the Big Bang and the expanding Universe. They say that heaven was used to describe everything above the earth, what we now a days call space. So We created Space with might (big bang) and it is expanding (Expanding universe theory)

Here is more if you want a good laugh: http://www.scribd.com/doc/19728061/The-Scientific-Miracles-of-the-Holy-Quran

This is the sort of crap that we don't get taught in Orthodox Science! Even searching up Scientific Miracles in the Bible only brings up more "Islamic Science"... this Orthodox science is nothing comapred to how much the English world is over run with "Islamic Science"

In Canada, maybe. In Russia you can now find all kinds of stuff being taught as "Orthodox Culture".

This nationalism is supported officially.
Canada we have this taught as straight history. And Canada is post-nationalist

Here is another one, just for you. In Russian again, sorry. Use BabelFish or ask your parents.

"The contemporary science has been created by Catholics and Protestants and therefore is not unique. A different knowledge about the world had ancient Egyptians, Indians, Chinese etc. Is another kind of Christian science -- Orthodox one -- possible? So far there was only Orthodox theology. But maybe someday we'll see Orthodox history, biology and physics? What is the Orthodox way?"

Read it, it's quite telling.

Islamic Science also invented the Big Bang theory, thousand years before the rest of the world could catch up!
Quran verse "We created the heavens with might and indeed we are its expander" Quran 51-47
THis is actually mentioned as in the textbook as the Islamic philosophy that healped develop the modern world. And the modern theory of the Big Bang and the expanding Universe. They say that heaven was used to describe everything above the earth, what we now a days call space. So We created Space with might (big bang) and it is expanding (Expanding universe theory)

I've heard a similar argument based on one of the Psalms, which says that God spreads out the heavens like a scroll.

Some also say that since Heaven is often plural it refers to alternate universes/time space continuums.

I've heard that the Quran states that God created life on other planets, so if aliens are ever found it will only confirm the Quran and missionaries will need to be sent to any intelligent aliens to make them convert to Islam.

I've also heard arguments that the bible speaks of DNA, claiming that Eve was a clone from part of Adam's genetic code (omitting the Y chromosome). The word generally translated "rib" is "tselah," which can mean a lot of things, including "curve," "half," "image," ... or maybe "double helix"?

(I actually don't completely dismiss such ideas, although I don't take them at face value and think it can be dangerous to tie scriptures too tightly to our current understanding of science.)

In Soviet Russia, Tekee screws rationality.

Top Bottom