OUTrage! Lies from Religion and History Textbooks.

Tekee is absolutely right about this "Islamic science" disgusting bullcrap. He admitted he was wrong about other stuff.

Tekee is absolutely right about this "Islamic science" disgusting bullcrap. He admitted he was wrong about other stuff.

I didn't read his post, so I wouldn't know.

I never said "things were so good", especially regarding consumer goods. Would you be so kind not to put your words into my mouth?

Obviously I have to embarasse you to set the record straight. You obviously have no clue of history or a concept of cause and effect, because you seem to think that perestroyka caused shortages when in fact, it was an attempt to prevent them.

Like I said. During perestroika, these issues worsened dramatically, and the sentence from your quote

Maybe they were worse, but they still happened. The farmers markets long predated perestroyka. If goods were so readily available, there would be neither a need for them nor could those merchants earn anything from them. Remember cause and effect.

Obviously I have to embarasse you to set the record straight. You obviously have no clue of history or a concept of cause and effect, because you seem to think that perestroyka caused shortages when in fact, it was an attempt to prevent them.
Sure.
"You obviously don't have an elementary school education, because you seem to think that the sun spins around the earth."
Can you show me where I said anything about causes of shortages, smart-ass?

Here is another one, just for you. In Russian again, sorry. Use BabelFish or ask your parents.

"The contemporary science has been created by Catholics and Protestants and therefore is not unique. A different knowledge about the world had ancient Egyptians, Indians, Chinese etc. Is another kind of Christian science -- Orthodox one -- possible? So far there was only Orthodox theology. But maybe someday we'll see Orthodox history, biology and physics? What is the Orthodox way?"

Read it, it's quite telling.

You think babel fish would make barely legible stuff more legible? nah I will try to read this in russian I know how to read slowly but deep philosophy I might not understand. For instance this article. I don't know in either language what "positivism" means or most church terms. I don't want to ask my parents though heh. Orthodox priests can marry and have children but that dosen't mean I feel comfortable around them when it is my dad! :O (oh wait protestants can do this too, even mommies can be priests. I wonder if they feel the same thing like me :D)

Around the beginning they mention that Europe and Russia are part the same but then as the article continues they seek more differences between the two. This is how everything starts :/ Russia is European but ******* here are why it is not. So they divide between Eastern and Western Christianity. Greek vs. Latin.

My favorite though is the third paragraph. Does only an evil heart have the freedom to reason?
Is the mind separated from the heart?
What is the philosophical term for "The only real truth is what you feel?" Not what you reason.
These guys are starnge, I feel depressed reading them. Why does science have to involve the heart?

Oh I read the first paragraph haha Orthodoxy was no longer an active player in the world after the fall of Byzantium. It became a preserver and not a player like Catholicism. What is he sad about? We didn't turn into a powerhouse like Catholics and send our missionaries to all four corners of the world?

Alright moving on. Vandalism is the most extreme wildness and savagery. Heh and I always thought it meant things like knocking over trash cans or spray painting walls.
But it is interesting to note that Western Christianity fell with the fall of Rome in 453. So that is only like 100 years when the Western Church was actually representative of Christianity. No not at all I agree witht his view. I disagree with it even more then him saying that Orthodoxy stopped being a major player after the fall of Byzantia. We still survived and what does he expect a "Real" christian to behave? I've seen some who call themselves real christians. Those old former Communist Church hags.

Anyways I skipped the rest of the history, and moved onto this topic, the Heart - Center of Knowlegde.
Когда сердце мертво для познания, когда мысль бездуховна, тогда и появляется "объективизм" науки.

When the heart is dead for knowledge, when there is lack of spirituality, then will appear "objectivity" of science. So he is railing against the Protestant beleif that science has to be devoid of religion and of the heart.
This is revolutionary view! So apparently when science starts to take into consideration of the heart it will become a unique Orthodox science. What is not asnwered is what to do with Catholic and Protestant science. Do we attach a heart to it or just leave it as it is and only when new Orthodox knowledge comes up only that will have a heart.:confused:

There is a dualism of the Modern European, they have a spirituality, but also have another rational life that is essentially materialistic.
Ehhhhh is this hard to accept? I don't want to live like a monk and bring religion into everything I do....
Though if he is predicting the fall of the west because of its materialism and the conflict between science and religon.
Yeah that is it, maybe he is trying to find a way to prevent the current and only thoughts that are acceptable Protestant and Catholic thoughts that Science and Religion are at odds with each other.
Orthodox science would be one where they are inseparable so there will be no fight. This argument is going to be difficult to win over hard-line anti-religionists... They would see this as an attempt to take over science by religion, a complete takeover. Rather then the Protestant fighting over science it does not like.

Maybe that is why Islam and Orthodoxy seems so at peace with science and it is only Protestant and Catholicism fighting over science.

No comment on why the Catholics are wrong about the holy spirit and trinity because I don't even understand this myself lol. So I did not understand a signle point in that paragraph.

Haha the differences between Eastern and Western methodology. This answers my questions about Chemistry and Physics. They imagine that Humanity is greater and that in western christianity it makes humans be animals, a system no different from the mathematics of Chemistry and Physics. So this goes back to the heart having a diminsihed role in the west and the reduction of human dignity....

So is this generally ANTI-RATIONALISM? Here from wikipedia a quote from Ghandi:
Rationalists are admirable beings, but rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of a stick and stone believing it to be God.

Good Job Hindu! Are you Eastern Enough to be considered Orthodox Science? :D

What do you think? Does this Hindu have similar thoughts to Orthodox Science?
Anti-Rationalism was popular as a counterattack against the rationalism of the 19th and 20th centuries. Which Rationalism was blamed for World War 1 and World War 2.

So maybe we are nearing the end and exhaustion of rationalism and gonna see a new world where Orthodox Science and will have a place in the world?

This sounds like , Euroasianism. Where the new world order will be defined by new players and the old Protestent and Catholic world order will be thrown down in favor of a new Eastern One. Rising Chinese Star? :D Where the heart will have a role.
If that is the dream then my response is I welcome you! But what will happen to the old world? :/ Maybe it is too revolutionary and I would rather prefer a stability, with the status quo.

When the heart is dead for knowledge, when there is lack of spirituality, then will appear "objectivity" of science. So he is railing against the Protestant beleif that science has to be devoid of religion and of the heart.
Now you are getting it, aren't you? :lol:

Now you are getting it, aren't you? :lol:

Is that a joke? it is incomprehensible! I don't get how it is applicable. :hmm:
How does he plan on involving spirituality into science? The old Protestant and Catholic styles of science have worked well enough for me... or is this because I am addicted to materialism?

Is that a joke? it is incomprehensible! I don't get how it is applicable. :hmm:
What's so incomprehensible? If you talk about, say, Newton's laws during a physics class, you'd have to mention that God (Orthodox style) is the one behind these laws, then what St. Augustine said about time, space and matter, and finally, how one needs to be spiritual in order to discover how God's laws of physics relate to their everyday lives.

This way you can avoid skipping God during science lessons, and prevent them from being atheist/Communist propaganda.

What's so incomprehensible? If you talk about, say, Newton's laws during a physics class, you'd have to mention that God (Orthodox style) is the one behind these laws, then what St. Augustine said about time, space and matter, and finally, how one needs to be spiritual in order to discover how God's laws of physics relate to their everyday lives.

This way you can avoid skipping God during science lessons, and prevent them from being atheist/Communist propaganda.

I don't see why anyone can complain about adding God to physics and science. Just remember that Gad is behind everything.
If it is not then it is atheistic, it is godless and tries to separate god as more and more things get discovered we get further and further from god.
This isn't that much different then when the documentary said that the Russians were the greatest when they did not separate from their daily life their spiritual life.

What could go wrong? I mean what could be different from God science and Atheist Sceicne? I say nothing. They are crazy for being so revolutionary.

I don't see why anyone can complain about adding God to physics and science. Just remember that Gad is behind everything.
You see, we have a little problem here. Normally I am quite normal, but if someone tries to push their silly God disguised as science onto my kids, I'm getting a little nervous, to say the least.

Why cannot they just remember that God is behind everything without shouting it aloud?
If it is not then it is atheistic, it is godless and tries to separate god as more and more things get discovered we get further and further from god.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm pretty much sure it's the former.

Top Bottom