1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Over working tiles Consequence?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dragonsfire, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Dragonsfire

Dragonsfire Chieftain

I just realized yesterday that I maybe be wasting resources by building more then their are Workers, is this correct?

Attached Files:

2. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

It depends on difficulty level and how much you're willing ot micromanage.

In early game not over-using workers is important. But once you're up to 10 or more cities, I just spam workers for a few turns in all my cities with the right "builder" card, and just get it over with.

3. Dragonsfire

Dragonsfire Chieftain

ok thanks :)

4. liv

liv Warlord

I think you mean citizens to work the improvements, right?

I see no reasons to improve tiles you will never use.
    I micromanage my tiles and decide what the citizens will do in many of my cities

5. isau

isau Warlord

Later on it's less the case because adjacencies count for so much. Mines and quarries for Industrial Zones, farms for farm triangles, etc. So, yes, in the beginning this is an issue, but as the game progresses you need to worry less about it, and there isn't a 1:1 ratio between number of needed improvements and number of citizens to work tiles, because you get adjacency bonuses from tiles whether they are worked or not.

I'm pretty sure you also get Housing regardless of whether a tile is worked. You also definitely acquire amenities and resources regardless of whether resource tiles are actually worked, so you almost always want to build on those at some point.

rattatatouille, Eagle Pursuit and liv like this.
  6. Dragonsfire

Dragonsfire Chieftain

I planted a new city, I hit the produce food button to speed up population, just recently noticing the change in progress by micro managing.
    Thanks!

7. Forster

Forster Chieftain

I you have tiles developed it gives you the option to move citizens to different tiles according to your needs.

8. Dragonsfire

Dragonsfire Chieftain

Being more careful now, have a couple spares, but taking it slower.
    Thanks!

9. Trengilly

Trengilly Chieftain

Those tundra trees should be chopped instead of making weak lumber mills. Later you can plant new trees and make a national park.

10. Dragonsfire

Dragonsfire Chieftain

ok, I havent been able to make a park, I did a naturalist, a white sqaure showed up on another city, transfered naturalist to that city and the white square no longer showed up, nothing else on the map showed a proper location. I do plant trees but make lumber mills from them.