Overlord Scenario Playtest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

civ2units

Emperor
This thread will be my playtest of Curt's new Overlord scenario.
I will try to report about every turn, if I find something what looks like an bug, I will also post it here.

This thread is open to all, so everyone please feel free to participate if you would like.:)

First of all, this scenario looks like a real eyecandy. Every graphic from Curts city style over the terrain graphics to the improvement icons harmonize with eachother.
It's great to see Fairlines latest WW2 units in this scenario too.:thumbsup:

Japanese_Empire1.jpg

January 1941
Turn 1

The new year starts with a big bang. Soviet troops attacked without any reason my peacefull troops along the borders at the Manchuria. Luckely it ended mostly into high casualties for the soviets.
Currently parts of the troops marching north , trying to capture Vladivostok and other soviet cities.

January 1941
Turn 2

Vladivostok captured, city now surrounded by soviet Partisans. Lost two destroyers by fighting them. The Führer far away in Berlin gratulated for the victory and spent gold to us.

Heavy sea battles near Kampot. Currently the city is without any garrison unit. Accidently attacked US troops near Saigon, after that my Airforce was forced to shutdown a B17 Bomber.
Meanwhile some part of my navy sunk some enemy submarines. Chinese troops made some fightings with my troops.

Some things I noticed so far:
- Wuhan, Chengchow and Nanking having harbors in their cities, although these aren´t harbor cities. Anyway, I sold them, so I got some gold.:D
- The game told me at the start of turn 2 that the Axis and British Empire are ended their war. In fact they are still fighting further. I think you managed this with the events, that the Axis and British Empire can´t sign a peace treaty.

Apart from that everything works fine until now. From what I saw it's a very good scenario. I´m looking forward what will happen when my conquest go on.:thumbsup:
As far as I can see there are also heavy battles in Europe.

I will play my next turns tomorrow

Great feedback. Thanks for this thead - !
I will take note of your findings and make changes accordingly. I will be updating the "game"
text file to change the weird "end of war" messages to something more sensible.

There is only one way for AIs to end their battles, and that is total victory.

Keep battling and good luck!

February 1941
Turn 3

Japanese Marines conquered Chumpchon from the Brits, Rangoon is under siege. My second army in the north had heavy but victorious fighting with the Soviets.
Looks like a huge Chinese army are at my borders. I´m trying to garrison my fortresses, after the chinese attack I will start a counterattack on their cities. Unfortunatelly I lost a Ki-67 Hiryu bomber when I attacked Wenchow.

My Foreign Minister calls my army weak and my reputation dishonorable.:gripe:Next turn he will be fired.:D

It´s nice to see that the AI itself also fights very hard. Currently I noticed airbattles between Axis and Brits near London and Southampton while I´m waiting for my turn.

February 1941
Turn 4

As expected the Chinese started an attack on my imperial troops. My counterattack results in the conquest of Wenchow. Also heavy fightings around Rangoon.
one of my submarines spotted an american carrier group near Ogasawara. Please don´t ask me why I attacked the american battleship with a lonely submarine. You can guess how this ended.:lol:

April 1941
Turn 5

Rangoon conquered. I spotted the american Battleship and destroyed it, unfortunately the Carrier is lost. I can´t find the group.
Heavy battles north of Vladivostok. My army is ready to march into Siberia.

May 1941
Turn 6

The Neutral Alliance captured Bangui meanwhile the Americans conquered Bogota. I spotted the american Carrier near Kagoshima. To my surprise the AI didn´t have any aircrafts on it. My submarine failed to sunk it.
Chinese troops are still attacking me in China. Lost several units trying to conquer cities in central China. One Marine arrived near Kan Tang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom