Oversight on natural disaster pillage effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainPatch

Lifelong gamer
When a volcano erupts and damages an improved tile, it causes a Pillage effect. According to the civilopedia, "Once Pillaged, an improvement may be brought back online by its owner (a builder operation that always takes one turn but does not require a builder charge).

I had a mild volcano eruption that Pillaged two adjacent tiles. I marched a builder unit over to the sites, but there was no builder task icon for Repair or whatever. Just sitting on the tile for a couple turns did not automatically repair the tiles either. And the Pillage status NEVER changed on its own.

So, is this a case of my game alone having developed a glitch? Or is this something Firaxis may have missed?

I had tiles pillaged, districts too, districts could be repaired but the usual builder method does not work.

Were they pillaged tile improvements, or pillaged districts?
Both tiles are Mines. More than a thousand years later, they still read as pillaged.

Being Mines, they currently produce 4 Production.... which may very well be what they would produce if they were never pillaged. Can't recall what they were putting out prior to the volcano. But then again, no Food on them thar hills.... despite the fact that was enriched volcanic soil. Then again, if that's the case, they recovered without any builder actions. (No action available to the builders when they arrived at the tile.)

Playing with any mods? Can you post a save file and your zipped log files?
Well, as ALL mods seem to be "incompatible" -- at least initially; apparently several mod makers have been doing GS updates, but I haven't gone looking for those yet -- all non-Firaxis mods were disabled. I went further and disabled all of the multiplayer mods (because I NEVER play multiplayer).

Being only semi-computer literate, you will have to explain to me IN DETAIL how to post a game Save file. (For one thing, where in my maze of Directory folders I might find the pertinent files.)

Assuming you are on Windows, single player saves are found in Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/saves/single. When composing a reply to this post, click on Upload a File and navigate to your save file. If you want to upload a specific autosave file, those are located in the "auto" folder below "single".

Assuming you are on Windows, single player saves are found in Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/saves/single. When composing a reply to this post, click on Upload a File and navigate to your save file. If you want to upload a specific autosave file, those are located in the "auto" folder below "single".
So, following your instructions....

The Save is from pretty far along in the game, but the two tiles still show as "Pillaged".

WHERE TO LOOK ON THE MAP

Pangaea single land mass. North coast, East half of the land mass. Look between City Beta and City Gamma. The volcano is SE Beta/SW Gamma. There's a pillaged tile on the Beta side and the other on the Gamma side.

Attachments

• CLEOPATRA 675 1558 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 115
I gave it a shot. I was not able to recreate this bug. Could repair both mines with a builder and military engineer. Both tiles yielded 2 production before they were repaired.

upload_2019-2-22_9-49-51.png

I just accidentally noticed that I was looking at the builder screen wrong. (Just happened to have a builder walk across one of the pillaged tiles.) I was expecting to see a Repair icon in the left panel with all the other tasks builders perform. But then I saw this little wrench button on the top of the builder's image window. Duh.

Thanks for the help. Next game I'll know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom