Owain's World, Gigaglobe v1.0

Owain

G Flashing Inaccessable
This map is based on The Pierce Quincuncial Projection of the Earth. Note that ocean tiles have a movement cost of zero. However, Ocean is only located along the outer edges of the map.

This is the clean map version. Its 256X256. I will attach a TET version and a resource version later, I don't have the time right now.

The original clean version (no resources and for PTW) of the map hasn't been updated in a LONG time.

Rise and Rule (RAR) is a mod that must be installed before using the RAR maps. RAR can be found by clicking here.

10/4/2004 - Limited Resource 180X180 Cropped version added. Click Here

10/3/2004 - Limited Resource and zero move sea tile fix (RECOMMENDED FOR RAR PLAYERS) Click here
- many alterations to naval movement rates
- Mali moved to W. Africa
- luxory and strategic resources reduced

9/25/2004 - Limited Terrain Settlement RAR Version added Click here
9/23/2004 - RAR Version added
8/9/2004 - C3C Random Resource/Start Location version Click here

Edit: Eventually I'll see about uploading my personal mod including most "modern" civs in an attempt to fill out the map. Such as Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada instead of Celts, Netherlands, Portugal and Iroquois, etc etc...

OWAIN'S WORLD LIMITED X 2 IS SUGGESTED FOR RAR

Attachments

• gigaglobe_v1.0_clean.zip
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Owain's World for RAR Limited.zip
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Owain's World for RAR Limited X 2.zip
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,307
Totally revamped for RaR. Lots of changes from the original... Please give feedback. I'm perfectly willing to revamp things/tweak.

note: X- and Y-Wrapping are disabled on this map and the LM Sea around the outer edges has a 0 movement cost

Playing my own game, I think I need to remove the ability to settle jungle and marshes for my map... thoughts? Should I remove the ability to settle forest as well?

I suggest you use the limited settlement option available here unless you are willing to have extremely long turn lengths.

First version removed after 7 downloads

Attachments

• RAR on Owain's World.zip
    152.4 KB · Views: 618
Sweet Owain! As a newbie to the thread, you have already fortified yourself as one of the best mapmakers! :goodjob: I promise to test-play it and tell u how it is....Once again, :thumbsup:

Just one critiscism...A little too much sea...But that does add realism, since Magellan sailed around the world in a caravel...

Hmm...:hmm:Nobody interested?Lemme see the download counter...oh...:(25 downloads in 18 days...:( Ah well, the Vermont map looks good...What's the difference between the one now and the TET version???:hmm:

Ya, its a pain...I'm placing resources on my own map...:aagh:

Owain,

This is the best possible earth map for me. Be sure I am interested :)

...and this can be a classic. There are too many earth maps around but this one has its own taste for sure.

If anyone would like to do the standard resource placement, you're more than welcome to and give yourself credit in the decription :)

Personally, I made this map to play the TET mod on and I'm placing my resources using Kal-El's map as a reference. I'm not particularly excited about entirely redoing resources for a standard map.

I'll get around to it eventually, but I seem to only be able to stand placing resources for about 30 min at a time and then I just get bored... I love just making maps though. :p

I'm starting to get alot of interest in making scenarios and playing around with many different ideas. I jump around so much my first map here suffers...

When i first started I was obsessed with making this map, but my interest has fallen off. I just really wanted to play on it, but knowing where everything is sort of removes the charm.

BTW, there is a mistake in this map. I had x and y-wrappiung turned on when i first upoloaded it. They should actually both be turned off. To visualize how this map should be, pretend its a piece of paper and fold each corner back to the center. Its essentially a 2-sided plane with the north and south pole in the center of each side. The zero-movement cost of the ocean around the outside simulates the edges of the paper connecting.

Japapn is a little messed up on ur map, but otherwise its very good!

AAA! TOO MUCH 3D VISUALISATION!
"BOOM"!!!

Saw this thread linked from Taltho's Globe World. The screen shots look great!

Did you turn off the x/y wrapping? Hope so... you know about the whole donut thing, right?

Looks nice, and its easy enough to turn off x/y wrapping.
Personally i love finding maps with no resources.
I play a few mods which have alternate resources, so its nice to be able to get a nice clean map for them.

Wow very different view! This Earth Map is in a class of its own! It is hard to picture north America... [pissed] And it is also freakishly large, Great Job! :clap:

Top Bottom