Own8 5BC Defiant Standard Continents

Pre-turn- Switch all towns to libraries, except oslo, which is building a courthouse.

1. New Shanghai grows. Lots of Chinese horses appear. Capture it, but lose a spear because I thought it
was a horse :rolleyes: . China now doubts that they'll accept peace, better than being insulted by the offer.

2. Kill a horse in the IBT.

3. Lose four archers and ahorse in the IBT, but kill a horse on my turn. Decide to not change from Libs to
units, because if we're going to win this we'll have to get lucky.

4. Great, Japan demands and we're at war. Now I switch all builds to units except cow town, which is almost
done, and Oslo, which wouldn't build them fast enough. Kill a horse.

5. Kill a warrior but lose an elite horse in the IBT. Trondheim and Copenhagen horse > horse, reyk spear
> cat.

6. Kill some and lose some in the IBT, New Shanghai builds walls. Now I really wish I hadn't killed that spear
by accident. It's unlikely/ impossible that we'll defend New Shanghai, so I retreat the horses and cat and
abandon it.

7. Cow Town lib > rax. Chinese horses approach.

8. Kill a horse with the sentry spear before it dies. Chinese units are everywhere. Domestic advisor is doubtful
still about peace. Fully healed elite horse dies attacking chinese horse. Sigh. Do the same thing, but I win,
no leader. Retreat some with archers, then kill the last with a vet horse, which promotes.

9. Cow Town rax > horse. Some horses are going for Reykavik, I will intercept them. Kill two of them. We're
getting close to peace!

IBT- I get lucky, as horses on defense on flat land killed more units thant hey should have. We're still only
close to peace.

10. I will stop here to let a better player figure out this situation. We must kill every chinese unit we can, and
lose as few of our own as possible. Currency is due in one, but everyone else beat us to it.

Attachments

• Own8_350BC_Own.SAV
    215.9 KB · Views: 65
Own, I really think you should just reload after making a silly mistake like that.

I played 4 turns from my save without attacking with the spear, and got to keep New Shanghai and get peace + 3g. Now I fear the game is lost, because the Chinese will not accept peace without us giving them something, and we will be overrun.

Like I said earlier, I don't think anyone would consider this cheating. Just reload and redo everything you did exactly like before, except doing that one crucial silly mouse or keyboard mihorsehocky. I can understand why one wouldn't bother reloading in an easy, relaxed little game, or at a point where you're well-established. But this early and on this level, the game stands or falls with this one thing.

Now of course, it's too late for that, and I think we should just try another one. I don't think we can recover here. :(

That's tough luck.

I'm up for another try. Deity's fine by me. The map was tough as it was almost a pangea. If you want to take it down a notch we could always have 80% ocean and/or a small map but I'm more than happy to have a rematch on the settings we had for this game.

Top Bottom