Oxford-less Space Colony

I will do some testing then run mapfinder to get the save.
Wondering: what do you look for in the start here? Agri/AH food, river, gems/gold? High production level at pop 4?

If it's only on noble level, Oxford doesn't seem too important because you can settle/conquer a massive empire so that no one city is very important. Get State Property ASAP and just expand continuously.
That's the idea.
Wondering: what do you look for in the start here? Agri/AH food, river, gems/gold? High production level at pop 4?
Mapfinder: 1 key->pigs. To mimic an HoF style game I will have to click on AH and play the 1st 10 turns in advance to ensure the UU is available for everyone to use as they see fit. (I'll play from that turn 10 position.) Should be easy to get a good start on a Great Plains. Pigs are usually in the green east. Gems in the middle and usually brown/desert. Gold/silver in the west where aluminum will be if its on the map. Early happiness will likely be limited to fur with a couple of calanders lurking, at least anywhere near the capitol.
A larger map with fewer AIs and no barbs might be desirable for land-grabbing purposes, but you might want to just do the standard size/number of civs to get a more normal, non-cheese time. Up to you. I'd assume you would use the standard # of AIs since you're on Noble and not Settler, but may as well throw that out there.
1 or 2 extra civs tops, I forget if the domination limit is a problem. (It lowers with more civs.)

Being that I was one of the people asking you to do a Noble level Space Race, I will be following this thread at least. Shadowing possibly. If it is not too late I vote for Gilgamesh ... Sumerians in SPAAACE!

In any case, thanks for obliging those of us who want to learn how to hit earlier target dates for Space victories.

I will definitely be lurking/shadowing this one, space race has always be difficult for me I don't have the patience to wait until late game to take over the world. :)

Working on getting a starting save. Ran into one I didn't think was possible on a Great Plains: quad pigs, dual sugar, corn and deer. That's a lot of food!

I think Darius is a lot better than Hatty for this. Spiritual? Creative? Pssssh.

Anyway with multiple Fin cottage cities, cottage civics, and academies, you'll hardly miss Oxford.

I think Darius is a lot better than Hatty for this. Spiritual? Creative? Pssssh.

Anyway with multiple Fin cottage cities, cottage civics, and academies, you'll hardly miss Oxford.

I almost pure cottage economy almost requires corps, and state property says no to corps. So I don't think he will be using such a tunnel visioned economy.

:rolleyes: .

Top Bottom