1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ozymandias - (1st Pitboss) Vanilla

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by drexasaurus, May 17, 2007.

1. drexasaurus

drexasaurus Chieftain

Should I save the game and reload? I saved the first turn already if the save file would be screwed up already.

Could that program for civstats be causing a problem if it wasn't set up correctly? Anyone gone through something like this before?

The screen on pitboss and the screen on civstats don't match. That's for sure. Maybe I can just try fixing that.

2. drexasaurus

drexasaurus Chieftain

My uploader seemed to shut down on its own. Isn't it supposed to stay up? I'm... going to get to the bottom of this. Promise

3. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

Well this is my first Pitboss game, so i don't think i can be much help. I would just like to say that i experence the same thin as you all are mentioning.
    Just hope you get it working probely Drexasaurus

You are sure you checked "Simultanius turns"?

4. whiplash_CDC

whiplash_CDC King

The civstats uploader should always be running in the background.

There is a PitBoss bug that occasionally delays the turn rollover. When the last player finishes his turn it should quickly rollover to the next year; but sometimes a delay occurs. Sometimes the delay is only a few minutes; I've seen it as long as 11 hours.:sad:

During the delay the host/server will see PitBoss "hanging" with the message "not responding". No need to panic, just wait for it to rollover.

5. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

hmm it's been about 16 hours now since drex finished his turn...
    i hope there won't be too many of these delayed rollovers...

6. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

hmm does anyone else see a pattern in civstats?
    with the exception of turn 1, the order in which we have finished our turn is always the same. also notice that you see me finish my turn 3rd, and then after drexasaurus plays, you see me end my turn a second time...

is the actual log similar?
    i also find it strange that in civstats it'll look as if the next turn hasn't begun yet, but once i pressed 'end turn', all of the log data seemed to show up at once, showing 2 other player moves already.
    what's the deal here?

7. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

I've been seeing problems posted here and there on the boards about civstats. He just moved to a new server, so it will probably take awhile to weed out all the bugs.

8. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

sorry for this post! had to find out how to use the quote function :)

9. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

:sad: To me it looks a bit like we are not doing simultanius turns. Each time someone (has to be in the right order) hits enter and ends his/her turn the timer resets to 20 h and the next players turn starts! :(
    Hope this is not the case.

I don't know how pitboss works, but it might be a sound idea to look it up in the forum :rolleyes:

Happy gaming :D

10. drexasaurus

drexasaurus Chieftain

I have a saved game editor. If we're not simulataneous, I'll change it and reload it with the same IP and password etc. (I've already tested it).

Since we're young, I won't worry about having to redo a turn, unless someone wiser objects.

I'm sorry about all the problems and quirks. :(

11. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

maybe everyone can post here when they press 'end turn'?
    since civstats isn't reliable right now, it might give us a chance to find out what exactly is happening.

by the way, i still get 'waiting for players'. and i thought i was gonna be late to play my turn!

12. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

I have been trying to log on to the game for some hours now, but i can't connect (i'm pretty sure the password is correct)

Can anyone help me? Thanks

13. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

can't connect either. probably down. i'm pretty sure it needs to be altered to simultaneous anyway...

14. drexasaurus

drexasaurus Chieftain

I had that problem too, but:

* I saved the game and fixed the simultaneous moves thing (made too many practice games and goof-ups, that must have slipped by). After I did this, I could log on. Reloading must have helped.

* I THINK I got civstats uploader working properly, we'll see if the page looks any better in a few days.

Sorry about the mistake, and I'm sorry about the delay. I need to do these kind of updates in the morning, I decided. Baby sleeps in the same room with the server... and... after he falls asleep I'm afraid to do anything in there! :(

15. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

well i could log on, but it's still the same turn...
    did everyone finish?

16. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Just logged on, only Kalven left to play his turn. Whatever you need to drex is ok by me.

17. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

Well i'm at work right now, so i won't be able to do my turn for the next 4 or 5 hours or so. And it seems that a new turn has then started! Damn!! Then i will not be able to finish off Louis and move my scout :)

Dexasaurus; i agree with Maydrock. Do what you have to do (better now then when we get to the middelages to sort out the problem, if there is still a problem that is)

18. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

What!? Dear sir didn't you attend the new peace accord? The Frrenchh, are to be only botheered with tanks! Anything ellse, is to triviall of a matter for the Frrenchh to deall with. *sips wine goblet*

19. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

Damnit Kalven! I was gonna pop that hut! :p

20. Mighty Dwaarf

Mighty Dwaarf Ginger Beast

Hi guys, you may or may not have noticed that I have taken over the Incans now as I am back from my little holiday jaunt as proposed. Seems the Ai has done an unusually half decent job in my absence. Anyway hello and good luck to all!.