1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ozymandias - (1st Pitboss) Vanilla

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by drexasaurus, May 17, 2007.

1. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

Hi Mighty Dwaarf....And welcome to the game. I'm sure you'll soon turn things around :)

And to Elvis: I guess you have to get up earlier to pop huts around here :mischief:

Things are looking up Drexasaurus. The game seems to be running properly now. Good work :goodjob:

And to all; Remember to have fun!

2. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

I was just wondering if anyone can get that civstats email notification running?
    The option is checked but i have not received a single email as of yet...

@Mighty Dwaarf: welcome to the game, may your civ stay inferior to mine... :mischief:

@Kalven: Don't suppose you wanna pay me the contents of the goody hut in tribute? :devil:

3. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

All trade negotiations should be mediated by Japan as it is the center of influence in the known world!

4. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

Not on my map, Karakorum is definitely the center of the world :p

5. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

when i get stonehnege in about 3 turns i can help you point out the center of the world!
    And hey Elvis you can have half my map :)

6. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

You built stonehenge for me? Oh, wow, thanks so much!!! My workers were telling me how heavy those little stones were, they said they would much rather sharpen spears.

7. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

8. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

so nobody knows about civstats the email notification?

9. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

No. I'm also not getting e-mail notifications about new turns. I think it's because of the server move. It gives me some error when i try to confirm my mail adress.

10. whiplash_CDC

whiplash_CDC King

The civstats e-mail turn notification has not been working since Overload moved it to a new server. Also he says that he is moving his household soon and predicts significant downtime for civstats.

Your host could set up the in-game e-mail turn notification function.

11. thetattoo

thetattoo Chieftain

Enter in your email information in the settings and you will receive an email notification automatically.

12. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

I just wanna congratulate everybody on the pace at which this game is going.
    also, i was wondering if there are any game rules?

13. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

The Golden Rule: The one with the gold makes the rules. - "Jafar"

14. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

Is that right? :mischief:

15. Kalven1

Kalven1 Chieftain

Hi
    About rules. I found some from GFletch's game. And i think we should use the same (i like the part about no double-turns during wartime).
    Let me know what you think :confused:
    Here they are:

Spoiler :
    1. Missing Turns -- Anyone who misses 3 consecutive turns (which would entail not taking a turn for at least 72 hours) without notifying Drexasaurus that they are going to be away will be replaced by an AI player immediately and then replaced by a human player as soon as it is convenient. Once you have been replaced by a human you will not be able to take your game back.

To notify Drexasaurus of planned absences, i think you should either send him a PM or an email, and you should also rename yourself in the game to 'on holiday' or something like that, in case I miss your email (it's happened in the past). Note that he must have heard from you in some way, it won't be enough to say that you tried, if you rename yourself in the game there's no plausible way to miss it.

2. Consecutive Turns -- It is possible to take a 'double turn' in the game by being the last to finish for one turn and then the first to finish the one after that. This has a positive effect because it speeds the game up, but the downside is that it can be exploited for military advantage by moving twice before your opponent has a chance to react.

So to keep the upside of double turns while eliminating (or at least minimizing) the downside, the rule is that if you are at war with another player (or are about to go to war with them, eg. sneak attacks) then you mustn't take two turns before they've had a chance to take one, or in other words you cannot go after them in one turn and before them in the next.

A player must give his opponant as much time as needed to avoid a double move against him, playing first in the turn only when failure to do so would result in the turn being missed. In the case of sneak attacks or the outbreak of war he should alert his opponant via PM or email.

I think that is fair.

16. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

sounds good to me...

17. drexasaurus

drexasaurus Chieftain

I like the rules too, dealing with double turns. And for missing turns as well.

And lol, I will be more present in the thread and other places soon, I promise. :p

18. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

those 'other places' better not be near the Mongolian Empire! :mad:

19. Mighty Dwaarf

Mighty Dwaarf Ginger Beast

Any one know whats up with the game on civstats at the moment???

20. Elvis1985

Elvis1985 Warlord

don't know, but i don't think drexasaurus has seen it yet...