[GS] Pachacuti's dream start (Map seed)

Basajaun

Warlord
Hello all,

I have been scouting the forum looking for a section to share game/map seeds but I couldnt find any, feel free to move it if this is the wrong place.

So, just came by a very interesting start for Pachacuti. A nice mountain range crossing a great part of the continent, connecting directly to the chinese capital, perfect for some Inca ambush fun, with a beautiful "forbidden valley", protected by a 1 tile entrance and a lot of growth/adjacency potential.

I thought someone might be interested in trying it out, so there it goes!

Continents
Standard map size
New world age
I removed 2 civs and left the CS intact I dont know if that could affect the spawn, mentioning just in case

The rest untouched

Map seed: 468342487
Game seed: 468342486

And a screenshot for good measure.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• pachacuti.jpg
    pachacuti.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6,971
Last edited:
I removed 2 civs and left the CS intact I dont know if that could affect the spawn, mentioning just in case
The game seed determines which Ai spawn, and of course they are placed on the map according to start bias. Since I think only inca have the mountain bias, you should be able to pretty freely add/remove/set any civs you want and still pop up there. Maybe adding enough hills biased civs, they could muscle in near that spawn. But I think mountain bias > hill bias in placement near mountains, I'm not 100% sure.

So since it looks like everybody else already knows the answer to this question... what exactly does one do with a map seed and game seed?

When you create a new game, select advanced settings and you can type those numbers in their corresponding slots to get exactly the same map. Other settings should be equal to what the player posting the seeds has used to get same placement of civs etc. as well (but like Sostratus says, it's not always that strict).

The game seed determines which Ai spawn, and of course they are placed on the map according to start bias. Since I think only inca have the mountain bias, you should be able to pretty freely add/remove/set any civs you want and still pop up there. Maybe adding enough hills biased civs, they could muscle in near that spawn. But I think mountain bias > hill bias in placement near mountains, I'm not 100% sure.
True, tried recreating the maps and after copying map & game seed I ended up with the exact same spawn spot, and the same neighbors placed equally. China to the east, Netherlands north, and Scythia south.
If I just copy the map seed, its different AIs, but equally distributed, still a wormhole to the eastern capital, up to the coast, and the valley. On higher difficulties one will not be able to settle the mountains as planned, because its a tight start, but with a bit of patience, and a brave builder venturing forth, you can settle the first cities just 1 turn after the settler leaves the city

In my opinion, this starting position is good, but no more. Definitely not dream one. One/third or even more of fields of city circle are mountains, so you will not be able to build anything there (districts/wonders/improvements). Yes, I know Incas can work on Mountains but yields are not impressive in there.

Top Bottom