1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pacific-Centered Earth Map

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by epicivfreak, Jan 26, 2019.

1. epicivfreak

epicivfreak Warlord

2. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Warlord

Yes it does. Original vanilla game has scenario called WW2 in pacific and as i recall there is few modpacks centered around pacific (mostly chinese based history and japan based scenario from vanilla)

3. epicivfreak

epicivfreak Warlord

That's not what I was looking for - more like the pic in the link.

4. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

If you haven’t received help by now then you can be confident that there isn’t a pacific cantered world map available.

Quintillus’ editor has a feature that can convert images into a map for Civ 3. I haven’t used it myself, but I’ve heard that it saves a lot of time.

5. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Quintillus' Editor is an excellent tool. It definitely does streamline making Civ 3 maps. Be aware ahead of time that part of the process is indexing the image - reducing the number of colors. This can take some patient practice to make it not frustrating. Once you get a biq it will still take some editing such as breaking up large areas of identical terrain.

Another alternative would be to find a biq map you like that is not centered on the Pacific. Then use a utility to adjust it - basically cut it in two & shift the halves around then recombine it. If that cannot be done in Quintillus' Editor there are other utilities somewhere here on CivFanatics that will.