Pacific War: Empires Clash

I cant do anything before 6 on those days. And we ARE NOT waiting till December.

There will be a drill tonight right?

Ill be there but if your not feeling well we dont have to do a drill. We could always just see how your feeling tomorow, then either play the breakout then without another drill before it, or if your still not feeling well, we can postpone any drills or breakouts until later this week. Thursday maybe?

Fealing better?

Ship list!

DD HMS Lancer - John Marchman

Maximum Speed: 25 Knots.

Armor: 7

Hit Points: 175

Armament:
2x turret-mounted dual 5-inch dual-purpose cannons - one aft, one bow.(200 HE 150 AP 50 AA shells in lockers)
1X triple torpedo launcher. One reload.(3 loaded, 3 in lockers)
10X 7.2MM machineguns.(Unlimited ammo)
1X Oerlikon anti-aircraft flak cannons. May fire star shells at night.(Unlimited AA ammo, 10 star shells)
Depth Charges(20, weak)

Air Wing:
1X OS2U Kingfisher(2X7.7MM machinegun, one nose, one rear/depth charges[3, weak])

DD HMS Swallow - Julius de Tonto

Maximum Speed: 28 Knots.

Armor: 6.

Hit Points: 175.

Armament:
4x turret-mounted 4.5-inch dual-purpose cannons - one aft, one bow, one port center and one starboard center.(200 HE 150 AP 50 AA shells in lockers)
2X Triple torpedo launchers. One reload for each launcher.(6 loaded, 6 in lockers)
3X Oerlikon anti-aircraft flak cannons. May fire star shells at night.(Unlimited AA ammo, 10 star shells)
Depth Charges(20, weak)

DD HMS Sparrow - Robert McNaire

Armament:
4x turret-mounted 4.5-inch dual-purpose cannons - one aft, one bow, one port center and one starboard center.(200 HE 150 AP 50 AA shells in lockers)
2X Triple torpedo launchers. One reload for each launcher.(6 loaded, 6 in lockers)
3X Oerlikon anti-aircraft flak cannons. May fire star shells at night.(Unlimited AA ammo, 10 star shells)
Depth Charges(20, weak)

DD HMS Eagle - Jason Wayne

Armament:
Depth Charges(20, weak)

DD HMS Hawk - Civplayah

Armament:
Depth Charges(20, weak)

DD HMS Seagull - Fas Barker

Armament:
Depth Charges(20, weak)

SS HMS Impervious - Unassigned

Maximum Speed: 13 Knots(surface), 8 Knots(submerged).

Armor: 5(+8 submerged).

Hit Points: 90.

Armament:
1X open-mounted 4.5-inch cannon(50 HE 50 AP shells.)
5X torpedo tubes(4 bow, 1 stern, 20 total ammo)
3X 7.7 MM machinegun.

If you so desire, you may transfer into the Submarine Service now.

Congratulations! Academy is now over! Tonight at 8PM EST we shall fight the Hawaii Breakout, and begin our journey! Your scores will be revealed after the Breakout;)

Domination3000 has been struck from the player roster due to inactivity.

-L

Interesting. No CL. And i see that we can buy the HMS Silver with prestige. Ill pass on the sub though. I like the Eagle just fine.

Can i keep an actual eagle on board to act as my obedient pet who scouts out the surroudning ocean for me? That would be awesome.

Why are the lancer and the silver destroyers weaker than the regular ones? Shouldnt they, being prototypes, have something more than have an inch bigger cannons (and maybe an equal amopunt of them too, not less than the regular ones) and a scout plane?

Can i keep an actual eagle on board to act as my obedient pet who scouts out the surroudning ocean for me? That would be awesome.

Why are the lancer and the silver destroyers weaker than the regular ones? Shouldnt they, being prototypes, have something more than have an inch bigger cannons (and maybe an equal amopunt of them too, not less than the regular ones) and a scout plane?

I'm not sure it would have any in-game effect, but you can have a ship's mascot if you want.:D

Ahhh, but they are stronger. They do have the same number of cannons - DUAL turrets;) And the aircraft crane used to launch and recover the scout plane takes up a lot of space, meaning that they have to sacrifice something, and they chose torps. And when did I say that they were prototypes?

-L

They also have a bit more armor and health.. Hmm Im not sure if a scout plane makes up for my ship and plane killing abilities, but it should do a number on subs :). Im worried about the reduction in AA though. Guess its all in how you use it.

Ah i didnt see the dual part. And i could have sworn in chat you said there would be the regular DDs, then a special one. I took that to mean prototype. Did i remember something wrong? I was a little drowsy at the time.

Awesome! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! I GOT A MASCOT!

Look on the front page. Below our ships. It will say available ships: Then have the sub and another destroyer like yours up for grabs to be payed for by prestige.

They also have a bit more armor and health.. Hmm Im not sure if a scout plane makes up for my ship and plane killing abilities, but it should do a number on subs :). Im worried about the reduction in AA though. Guess its all in how you use it.

Technically, the Scout has 2 mgs on it, one facing forward and one in a turret. it can shoot planes too. and it won't just do a number on subs. with your CHA modifier, it should beat the holy flak out of DDs and ground installations if you buy 75-lb bombs(which it historically carried) for it later.

The loss or torpedoes is slightly worrying, as is the speed reduction, but you gain armor and your guns are half an inch(about 13mm) bigger as well as being mounted so you can use all of them in a broadside.

Your DD is somewhat superior in direct combat as well as carrying a scout(when you don't look at the torpedoes)

The thing is, that lack of torps is worrying. Taking on bigger ships without them might be a challenge. Also, i would take flak over a scout plane. Its one plane that can be shot down.

The thing is, that lack of torps is worrying. Taking on bigger ships without them might be a challenge. Also, i would take flak over a scout plane. Its one plane that can be shot down.

I agree with the torps, but I have to say: flak can be destroyed too. I also have to say that DDs aren't designed to destroy planes anyway. Or larger ships, for that matter. And if Duke intends to go into Carriers, he'll have to get used to no torpedoes.

Yepp. Torpedos are what yal cannon fodder types are for. That and keeping the subs away! ;) speaking of which, who is going to take the submarine?

Top Bottom