[R&F] Pacifist Domination Victory via Loyalty?

Banazir864

Warlord
I was just wondering whether anyone's managed to win a Domination victory via loyalty flipping. It seems like it would be a fun challenge to try to win a Domination victory without ever declaring a war or conquering a city militarily. Obviously you'd need a smaller map and probably a lower difficulty than you'd normally play on, but it certainly seems possible.

Just as proof of concept, if you were playing on a Duel map on Settler difficulty, I could totally imagine winning a Domination victory by loyalty-flipping your opponent's capital. And once that's feasible, the question just becomes one of how much you can increase the map size and difficulty and still manage to flip all of your opponents' capitals.

I just don't think there's enough ways to exert loyalty to flip a capital. I wish it worked more like culture in Civ IV and then there would be a way, but I don't really see a way to. Maybe on settler it's possible but I've never played that low of difficulty so I don't know how it works.

I just don't think there's enough ways to exert loyalty to flip a capital. I wish it worked more like culture in Civ IV and then there would be a way, but I don't really see a way to. Maybe on settler it's possible but I've never played that low of difficulty so I don't know how it works.

I've flipped a capital in a few games. It helps to be in a Golden Age while they are in a Dark Age and to have large populations in cities. I subsumed all of Egypt in my Cree game. That being said, I have not gotten close to winning a Domination game in that fashion.

It might be possible to do with enough spy missions (recruit partisans, I think)...

To get a loyalty domination victory you will have to have more cities than the AI. You can probably do that on a low difficult duo map. With more AI and on a higher difficult thats impossible. It takes what 3 cities to have more pressure over one city. Then you can use a governor to help apply pressure. With multiple spies you can flip a city but that is very late into the game. In the end you need 3x the cities of the AI with a golden age, spies and governor.

I flipped the final French city in a King game - the Cree (me) and Kongo had surrounded France and our culture was flipping each city one by one; France went into a dark age and pretty rapidly both Kongo and I flipped the final 4 cities.

It is certainly possible. I flipped a few original capitals. If you focus your whole strategy on it, I think it's possible to consume an entire civ, even on Deity. A full domination victory though? Nah, not happening.

The key is to keep an eye on the era status of your neighbours. With a little bit of effort, it's quite easy to flip a couple of cities in a golden age vs dark age scenario.

It's definitely possible. I was testing a mod feature that handed out a Loyalty penalty per turn to anyone fighting Genghis Khan. I couldn't be sure it was working so I upped the Loyalty loss from -2 to -200 per turn. That was an especially short game. LOL.

Spoiler :

I've managed to flip most of an entire civ peacefully, but that required close starts. For domination, you'd probably need a Pangaea.

I've managed to flip most of an entire civ peacefully, but that required close starts. For domination, you'd probably need a Pangaea.

Maybe Continents too; but not island plates and archipelago. It's easy with civs like the Cree which can quickly develop cities with huge populations. Indonesia would be the most likely to pull it off on an island map, but I assume that there would be some cities too isolated to be flipped.

Top Bottom