1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Yep, a Monty leading Aztecs every time, and who manages to look more and more fantastical with each installment. :rolleyes:

Yep, I didn't care much for Pacal's portrayal in Civ5. Too Apocalypto for me....I'm getting tired of the same leaders returning for certain Civs (I do think Pacal should've been put into Civ3 instead of that obscure Smoke-Jaguar guy though, same with Sejong for Korea over Wang Kon in like two games), give me a new Mayan leader please!

Zaarin likes this.
  2. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

TBF, if I had to pick a leader for France dealing with espionnage, instead of CdM, I would have choosen Louis XI or Richelieu. Louis XI because obvious reasons (the universal aragne, the Post Office, the vast network of intelligence that propulsed France into a more developed country).
    But the biggest reason I would have prefered Richelieu over CdM is simply for the hat:
    upload_2020-5-14_1-23-47.jpeg

Or, if they were bold, the cardinal hat from the coat of arms:

I mean, we would have a leader that could have a big, red, fancy, over-the-top hat that would be historically accurate (not like the silly things they gave Montezuma or Pacal). I mean, the only true contender for cardinal hats is Suleiman's onion.

Kimiimaro, Kjimmet, Equilin and 7 others like this.
  3. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

TBH I'm sad we never got this if only because...

That meme potential, though. :lol:

AsH2, Casworon, Kimiimaro and 7 others like this.
  4. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

Man... that's the dream right there. I've never had a spot like that.

AntSou likes this.
  5. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

I even asked mod to be made for this to disable, but nobody made one ... This is by far smallest most annoying feature in Civ 6 for me right now. And when you build city on coast and half of it is somehow some kind of port.

Guandao and Jkchart like this.
  6. Meluhhan

Meluhhan Warlord

With so much hype being built around Lady Six Sky, deservingly so and the anticipation about how her leader model might be portrayed, it'll be very disappointing if we do not see her make an appearance as the Maya leader this time around.

7. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Cardinal
    Same. She's my favorite of the Mayan rulers thus far, even over Pacal (if only because he's been included as the Maya ruler twice before already). I would take Yuk'noom the Great as a consolation prize though, and I guess there might be other interesting Maya rulers about whom we know enough that I would deem it acceptable.

Is it too much to hope for bee/wasp bomb Maya UUs? :)

Meluhhan, Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  8. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

No, but I think those hoping for AOE damage are setting themselves up for disappointment. If a jet bomber doesn't damage more than one tile I don't think any amount of bees will either. :)

Meluhhan, Guandao, 679x and 5 others like this.
  9. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Fair enough. I want sentient bees that randomly attack anyone in the vicinity after the bomb goes off on the enemy unit though. :D

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Hey now! The Dromons will need some ability for their Greek fire. :p

11. Lonecat Nekophrodite

Lonecat Nekophrodite Emperor

Foot sloogin' ONE HEX RANGE ATTACKER that availables early and can move after attacking XD.
    With this. Barbarian Horse Archer should move one hex faster too XD

12. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Any unit that moves after attacking is my favorite unit.

13. Haig

Haig Deity

So, as it was pointed out that New Frontier civs and leaders will have bonuses that work use vanilla Civ 6 mechanics (no R&F or GS systens), it takes away the theories
    of Maya having disaster or golden/dark age -related bonus.

My bet is for them to have a faith and science bonuses.

Gran Colombia could definately have something like what Austria had in Civ5, absorbing city-states peacefully.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I could see the Maya having a sort of 'Faith from Science' bonus different from Arabia's and also bonuses to Rainforest tiles.

I could see Bolivar or the GC UU having a combat bonus against civs whose capital is located on a separate continent.

15. Equilin

Equilin King

It might actually be "Science from Faith" instead, like how Civ5 Maya was.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  16. bbbt

bbbt Deity

They might go with the great-person bonus themed Maya like in 5. There's not much in that regard in Civ 6 except some civs with flat bonuses (i.e. Pedro, Nvemba).

Honestly, I'm expecting them to get more creative and asymetrical (ala Maori or Mali - neither of which use R&F or GS mechanics).

Frankly, I'm expecting them to get more out there with the DLC in general, especially the game modes - that seems sort of the point of making them optional, to let the devs run wild and see what the player base does/doesn't like (based on what game modes they end up using).

17. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Emperor

I do agree that the main part of their ability is not connected to new systems. They will not get new type of Governor or anything like that. On the other hand England has different ability in the base game (British museum) and in Gathering Storm (Workshop of the world), but they are not going to do that with the new civs.

It is very much possible though that they have at least some part of their ability connected to the features of the new expansions. Japan, Russia, China, America and Egypt have some small differences in their abilities depending what version of the game you are playing.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Haig and Connor_CivFan like this.
  18. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

That's exactly what I want - creative and asymmetrical. To be honest I'm glad they're avoiding using the expansion mechanics for abilities. I don't find most abilities centered on Loyalty or Governors or Favor to be very compelling. My favorite abilities (Maori and Hungary for example) have nothing to do with those mechanics.

I do want to note that Mali does use the Era score mechanic. It's actually the only interesting ability using that mechanic IMO.

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I have this theory and it might be crazy.
    If you get a good look at the unique district the basic graphic doesn't look like a typical Campus, at least to me. There is no blue. What it does look like is an early Holy Site with all the white, similar to the Lavra.
    Now I know we've seen the library and university buildings in the district but what if we have the choice to make the "observatory" district a Holy Site or a Campus?
    It's not that far fetched as their science was linked closely to their religion.

Edit: We've also not seen a Maya Holy Site in the screenshots either. They might be deliberately holding back that info.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Atlas627 and Inawordyes like this.
  20. Guynemer

Guynemer King

What if it functions as both at the same time? Gets the adjacency for both faith and science, and the buildings give their value of both faith and science. Maybe GPP for both as well. Only hold up is the third-tier building--faith building or research lab?

kaspergm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.