1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

That seems like it would be a much better version of the Arabian Madrasa. Although with GS, they weren't shy with outdoing older civs; Hungary's 50% bonus for districts and buildings vs Egypt's 15% for districts, and the Maori being able to cross oceans on turn 1, making Norway's ability not so special. And to a lesser extent, Mali being potentially the first to pantheon over Indonesia.

2. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I wonder if they will rebalance any of the older civs.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Canada could get some love.

4. Casworon

Casworon Prince

I think they will. The post GS balance patches where very in-depth. Potentially we could be getting a year of that

RohirrimElf likes this.
  5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

perhaps not immediately at the first patch. But chances are high.

6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That might be too complicated. I was thinking one or the other so you would have the choice between a shrine or a library first but can only build a temple later if you chose the shrine.

7. Casworon

Casworon Prince

I really am wondering how out there the civs are going to get. I'm guessing there's going to be at least one civ that's going to be as out there as Mali or Maori. But i'm not sure they are all going to be

8. LastSword

LastSword Prince

I just hope Mayan culture will not be reduced to American cult of 2012.
    Though I am not optimistic considering that they are coming with game content called Apocalypse.

Guandao and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Good point. Maybe it functions as both, you have choice shrine or library, temple of uni, etc., and whatever one you choose also gives faith or science based on the adjacency of the district, but no addition GPP. Although, now that I am thinking of it, the way Great Prophet points are converted to faith now, that throws a wrench into things.

You know what, ignore me, this is a bad idea.

10. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

How about this.
    Mayan UI Tzolkin: Every x turns choose a Cycle:
    The cycle of Jaguar - +3 combat and + 1 General GPP from each UD
    The cycle of Eagle - Units and buildings buying with faith are 20% cheaper, UD provides +1 faith for each adjacent district
    The cycle of Snake - +10% growth in your cities and UD provides +1 food for each adjacent farm
    The cycle of Bat - + 1 Great Scientist GPP from each UD and UD provides +1 science for each adjacent jungle title

11. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

12. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

Good guess on the asymetrical prediction !

13. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

@Alexander's Hetaroi I guess you were wrong about the Mayan unique district being a Holy Site. Since the Observatory is a Mayan unique district, they can't add Observatories as buildable by other Civs (I remember building Observatories a lot in my cities in Civ5).

14. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I guess they thought faith and science already was encapsulated by Arabia quite well. I’m satisfied with the tall approach they went with for Maya though (and glad they picked Lady Six Sky too). :D

Guandao, Zaarin and AntSou like this.
  15. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I think the Tall approach for Civ6's Maya reflects how all the Mayan cities/kingdoms were closely bunched together in real life, especially during the Classic Maya era? And they were very populous for the time.

I used to be Tall all the time back in Civ5. But I had to get used to the wide-favored style in Civ6. I still don't build as many cities as the AI though. I don't settle useless land....

Morningcalm likes this.
  16. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

Well that and when you give a civ a science bonus you have to reign them in somehow.

Meluhhan likes this.
  17. Alexander's Hetaroi

I wasn't expecting observatories to be a universal building anyway. :p
    Besides, I guess if anyone got to build an observatory it would be the Maya, or Seondeok. :mischief:

My only reasoning is Mesoamerican looking shrines and temples would have looked cool, but it seems that they aren't sticking to unique looking architecture for the buildings in GS.
    Still I'm surprised that they did get no inherit faith bonuses in the Civ at all.
    Being adjacent to a Holy Site I think would have worked for the Observatory too.

Guandao and AvianBritish like this.
  18. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I might alter an screenshot just to get the feeling of what it could have been...because honestly the obvservatory clashes horribly with the blue standard campus buildings.

19. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

In a perfect world, with unlimited artist time and will, each civ would have a unique building style for each and every building, that would still make them easily identified as what they are. :D But alas...

Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Maybe it's just me but it doesn't look as horrible now. I see more blue on the other buildings and some faded blue on the Observatory.
    But yeah it would have looked better as a Holy Site.

AntSou, Guandao and Zaarin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.