1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Do we expect a "Gran Colombia" first look today?

I certainly would do so, but I think somewhere here on this forum (can't remember where exactly) I've read something indicating otherwise.

2. Haig

Haig Deity

One pretty eyeopening thing happened on the Humankind thread, when people were disappointed for getting so many javelin UUs, one of the devs replied that because of budget reasons they cant make every battle animation unique.

Just something to think when people write how Firaxis are greedy or how Maya reusing animations is "lazy" like an user put it here...

Most likely after two hours!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
  3. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Also before people get the pitch forks out my i just say -

Guandao, Karmah, Zaarin and 12 others like this.
  4. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

That's relatively certain ! What I'm wondering is whether we will get more about the other things included in the pack, like a deeper look at the new natural wonders or the apocalypse mode.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Disney's Robin Hood is flawless though in my mind. :D

Guandao, bite, Zaarin and 3 others like this.
  6. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

I mean, the existence of Australia, Canada in civ6 and Brazil & Poland starting Civ5 very likely are related to target markets.
    This is the first time they are really innovating their business model (they dipped their toe in just after release of civ6) so anything could be on the table, but I don’t think civ players will go for a monthly sub because it’s not well suited to how people play Civ.
    Unlike a multiplayer focused game, there’s no tie in to other people or competitive aspect; there’s no reason I particularly should care about my playing being synchronous with other players.

The content packs are a great way to round out the game. At this stage. It’s $40 all together but we also get a year of balancing and patches, which is great.

Thormodr, Zaarin and acluewithout like this.
  7. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Also, what will be good is that we might be able to still play the new civ in MP even if the other players don't have the pack (as long as we don't play with the Apocalypse mod). I mean, I have all the DLC but my BF does not have all the small packs but I can still play with Amanitore or Gitarja while he can't. Having this enable/disable mod is great for people that have not all the same financial possibilities to buy it right when it goes on.

Socrates- likes this.
  8. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Gran Colombia first look is live. Simon Bolivar. His hair is a bit weird against a black background.

Flaxitux likes this.
  9. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Now that we've seen both, it's a tough call which I want to play first. Cheap campuses and a compact style is tempting, but Colombia has some neat bonuses too that feel like they'd be a lot of fun.

AvianBritish likes this.
  10. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I'll definitely be playing the Maya first (L comes before S).

Thormodr likes this.
  11. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

13. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Another personally interesting tidbit: the recurring free Great Generals remind me a lot of the CiV Maya recurring free Great People.

14. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Six new City States. So Vatican City doesn't replace anything.

15. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I wonder if those city-states includes a replacement city state. I am guessing yes for Palenque.

Kjimmet, Thormodr, Inawordyes and 2 others like this.
  16. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I'm guessing Palenque city state will get a new name and not be included in the six new city states. In the past when adding city states, they've added one new one of each type, keeping the total number of each type the same.

Longer description of the apocalypse mode as well in that link than I've seen before - is that new?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
  17. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Yes, I believe so.

I think it looks as though the Game Modes might be a little more limited than some had been hoping. It does make sense, given Anton's 'ice cream toppings' comment - the game needs to not feel too complicated with all six of them active at once. I can still definitely see a disease mode and possibly a vassalage mode here somewhere, but I wouldn't go expecting anything too involved based on this. It's the sprinkles on the ice cream, not an entirely new flavour.

snakeboy likes this.
  18. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I wasn't expecting too much from an Apocalypse mode except more dangerous natural disasters.
    I can possibly see others like Secret Societies or a pandemic/disease mode having more depth. Not that this doesn't.

19. snakeboy

snakeboy Chieftain

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer really. I guess I am still coming to terms with the fact that we are not getting a proper third - economic themed - expansion. This is starting to look more like 6 bumped up civ packs. Even while at the end of the NFP road it might all add up content-wise, I don't think it will get me back into it. I haven't played for months already, and this means another substantial wait for changes that might never go beyond some rather outlandish ice cream toppings.

20. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

So, I will pose this question here. If this is the wrong place, my apologies.

Paititi has been revealed and it is bonkers. 2 tile natural wonder. +3 gold and +2 culture for ajacent tiles. However, if a tile is adjacent to both Paititi tiles, it gets +6 gold and +4 culture. :D

So, what would be the maximum potential yield from an adjacent tile be?

You can factor in Mali, Petra, a patheon bonus, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.