1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

So, in about 35 minutes there is real possibility for first look, right ??

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Or anyone in general who just assumed it's Pacal. It's far from a trustworthy source at this stage.

Zaarin and pokiehl like this.
  3. Connor_CivFan

Connor_CivFan Chieftain

From the person who (I speculate) did the edit.

Attached Files:

Inawordyes, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  4. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Warlord

The Developer Update was released at around 10 AM CST yesterday. Its currently 9:12 CST, so It'll most likely be in less than in hour if it is today.

WillowBrook likes this.
  5. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

I'm assuming Its Pacal mostly due to Firaxis track record when it comes to mesoamericans, It's always the same guys and Its always the same acting, and Its always the same costumes... pessimistic I know, I'm with all of you I want Lady Six Sky or Yol Ik'Nal.

Thats the saddening part, Pakal the great was personality wise a complete opposite, great military leader yes (any succesful maya CS at the time had to be) but primarily a promoter of architectural and engineering innovations as well as masive artistic development (I mean look at the sculpture I attached earlier damm).

But how does he get portrayed? angry apocalypto man goes rawr! same thing with the Montys and their prehispanic dancer costumes.

so yeah I do want a different leader and they've got women to choose from, but man that track record is haunting.

Zaarin likes this.
  6. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

it's ColOmbia, not ColUmbia

I think the music from the announcement was Gran Colombia's theme, but i didn't recognize it. I'd like to say "I'd recognize it if it was Venezuelan, so it's probably colombian" but i probably wouldn't if it wasn't more modern. I do think it's probably gonna be a colombian song anyway though.

hopefully never. And i would have totally been here for Madonna as a civ leader.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  7. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That was my biggest incentive for considering Argentina as a Civ. :mischief:

Thinking about it I hope the hacienda UI does something unique. I enjoy the Outback Station of Australia but I hope there is significant difference between the two other than link up and get yields from plantations instead of pastures.

That being said I am hopeful that the Llanero unit might get to create a Great work of music, considering their guitar icon and since they developed their own music culture.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    679x and Xandinho like this.
  8. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

In screenshots, most of them are adjacent to rivers. I think they get bonuses for being adjacent to rivers and not plantations, that's what I hope, not to be too similar to Outback Station.

9. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

So they're Châteaux. :mischief:

10. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

Oh no

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They seem to be adjacent to plantations and mines. I am hesitantly thinking of them as Haciendas for the moment.

12. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

Regarding Bolivar, his moniker is El Libertador (the Liberator) so expect it as either his UA or his agenda.

Zaarin and bite like this.
  13. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

Being able to liberate cities is a bit situational but I'd be happy with something like a fairly massive boost for liberating a capital, would be an interesting mechanic that's never been done before.

Jkchart likes this.
  14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I think he might dislike civs on multiple continents or with widespread cities

15. Haig

Haig Deity

So no First Look today I guess, maybe tomorrow or thursday.

Anyway I don't want to complain, as I am so happy for the New Frontier announcement. :goodjob:

Jkchart likes this.
  16. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

well they mentioned new things for the diplomatic victory, we've been thinking about Bolivar as someone who would only defend his hometurf, BUT, in reality he didn't just achieve independence and call it a day, he kept going and providing support for other independentist movements.

It would be really interesting in say Gran Colombia could win diplomatic points for liberating CS and capitals. It would mean that he could hop around the world being a nuissance to any warmonger.

17. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Although really, maybe anyone should be able to get 1 VP for liberating a capital or city-state, although yeah, if you gave that to him as a unique bonus, it would be situational but interesting, for sure.

Foulweather and Jkchart like this.
  18. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Probably a finca. Hacienda is too generic.

19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Or by just having a massive loyalty boost towards conquered cities and turning them all into free cities.

Looking it up, it seems like finca is more of a "holiday resort home" but also found abundantly in Spain. Hacienda to me makes more sense as those are only found in the former Spanish colonies.

20. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

Slingers/Archers aren't quite the same as something like Warriors/Swordsmen, though. Not only is there a big difference in combat strength that could maybe be compensated for by a UU, but archers also have a range advantage over slingers that makes them far more attractive.

I suppose a unique slinger could have a buff to both combat strength AND range, but at that point it's just an archer and that's kind of boring IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.