1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Haig, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention this earlier. Edit: Well not a double post anymore.:lol:
    I now expect them in Civ 7 to rotate the Mapuche and Gran Colombia for the Muisca and Argentina.
    Both offer the same geographical areas with one being indigenous and one post-colonial.

2. vixlar

vixlar Chieftain

I know. I live there :-D (And I'm mayan descendant)

Guandao and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  3. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

*cries in Mexican*

Yeah that honestly does make sense, Muisca is one of those civs I'd love to see make it. maybe the season passes could open the possibility to explore other mesoamerican darkhorses? I'll keep insisting Purepecha would make a nice addition, and they could use a female leader to boost.

Guandao likes this.
  4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I was talking about South America only.
    Maybe Mexico could replace Canada? :mischief:
    Mexico over either the Aztecs or Maya would cause riots.

Guandao likes this.
  5. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

I think Civ7 will have more civs than Civ6, so I expect at least 1 more civ in South America, I wouldn't be surprised if Mapuche or Gran Colombia returned.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  6. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

That makes me think of coffee, since a lot of coffee growers in South and Central America use the term "finca" instead of "estate" (though TBH Peruvian is the only New World coffee I'm a huge fan of--more of an African coffee person myself).

Guandao and pokiehl like this.
  7. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

I would like to see more representation of Central America/Mesoamerica/Caribbean in a second round of season passes, Zapotecs or Taínos could be there.

Guandao and Jkchart like this.
  8. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Way too early to speculate on what might happen for civ 7. I've love it if they found a way to "simplify" the leader design to allow like 100 civs and give everyone a chance. I'm not an expert on world cultures and history, but for sure there's tons of areas of the planet that have been under-represented in civ history. Like if I could choose between the Mohawk, Iroquois, Sioux, Cree, etc... all available to me in a game, why not? But obviously that's not feasible if each leader needs lots of work to customize their appearance, mannerisms, and voice.

mitsho likes this.
  9. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

The Mohawk are Iroquois. ;)

Kimiimaro, Guandao, Jkchart and 5 others like this.
  10. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Yeah honestly Humankind kind of stole that thunder from civ. They talk so much about how they want to innovate in X areas, but the one they have never touched or consider redesigning is the leaders, and at this point they are kind of a hindrance, I'd rather 1 civ be able to choose from many different leaders across a game even if that meant less detailed leaders, which lets be honest after a number of games you always skip.

j51 and CivLuvah like this.
  11. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

If I understand what humankind is actually trying to do, it’s a little different model from how civ is presenting your “character.” (Your empire.)

The HK model does try to offer a lot of flexibility to the player - which is a noble goal- but that puts a bigger onus on managing the gameplay so that you don’t end up essentially doing the same thing every game with flavor differences.
    (If choosing the new culture each era is too game defining, you lose flexibility; if it’s not very game defining, you lose the uniqueness of the civs.)

Either way, it’ll hopefully give some cues to civ7 on things to try / things to avoid.

12. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Told you I wasn't an expert :p But yeah, I'd love to see 5 or 6 options for North American native nations, plus multiple options for other various regions around the world. But I guess once you start going there, you start getting other issues. "Why was civ A included and not civ B?"

13. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

yeah you can jump from one culture to the next or keep on going as you are. I think Civ could implement this on a civilization level (you don't switch civs) but you do switch leaders, you could make them avaliable at techs, civics, wonders, governments, dark or golden ages..you name it. The example I always give is that if your French neighboor just switched to a new government and choose Napoleon to lead it you should have to reshufle your strategy for the incoming impact. It would make civ games much more dynamic and much less about railroading into a certain victory condition from turn 1, and maybe...just maybe we would only have to see Gandhi's face on the modern era.

but...well that's all wishfull thinking for civVII.

j51 likes this.
  14. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

I preferred Muisca over Colombia, but i'm happy one made it in. I now want Muisca for Civ 7.

Guandao likes this.
  15. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

Hell yes :D

16. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

If Iroquois are added (while we are on the topic of American civs), I hope they rename them "Haudenosaunee". Even if they are more commonly known by Iroquois, I think the offensive implications of that name are a bit dated (even if it could be argued using the name is fine since it would allow the Iroquois to "reclaim" the offensive name and make it their own).

Fingers crossed for Lady Six Sky of the Maya. But imagine the uproar if Simon Bolivar is *not* the leader of Gran Colombia, not that that would happen, but...I have to say of all the post-colonial civs in the game, Gran Colombia is the best (and yes, I put it above the U.S. civ as well). Australia and Canada were especially egregious inclusions to put in over civs like the Maya and Ethiopia, even if Australia and Canada are fun to play (Australia being a bit OP in truth).

Guandao likes this.
  17. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Yeah...Mexico is over a cluster of well..all mesoamerican civs, It's never going to happend. but that's fine as long as we get more prehispanic civs.

18. HanNorwood

HanNorwood .exe

I hope the Mayans have an emphasis on internal trade. I had this concept for them a while back that I liked, though retroactively I've not idea why I emphasised faith and culture instead of science. Still, something like this would make me happy.

Spoiler :

• Lady Six Star - Agenda: Mayan Confederation: Likes civs which maintain internal trade. Dislikes civs that don’t have internal trade routes.

• Leader Ability: Chak Ek’ - Capturing a city gives a large lump sum of faith and culture, which scales to era. However, the captured city loses 25% of its population.

• Civilization Ability: Sacbeob - Internal trade routes provide science and culture, as well as two amenities to both the sending and receiving city.

• Unique 1: Atlatl - Replaces slinger, has a range of two, rather than a range of one.

• Unique 2: Lakamtun - Replaces monument. Though it doesn’t give loyalty, it generates 2 faith and 2 culture.
    I'm not entirely sure where I got "Lakamtun" from, and the Atlatl is boring. It sounds like there's probably a unique campus district based on "El Caracol" to some extent, which I like. Hopefully they have a more creative unit as well. For the ability, I would certainly swap culture or faith (or both) for science, and the more I look at it, the less I like the leader ability I gave here. Regardless, I think a focus on internal trade would be a reasonable ability/agenda for a Mayan civ.

19. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

What's the consensus on what the respective UUs will be? I can see the Maya getting a classical era Archer replacement, and the Colombians getting an industrial era UU.

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

We saw the Gran Colombian UU in the Chinese video in the Screenshot Analysis thread. It's a mounted unit, probably Industrial era. It has a guitar for the icon, so it's probably Llaneros.

Kimiimaro, Guandao and Kmart_Elvis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.