1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PAE VI Patch 6.3

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Ancient Europe' started by pie_at, Apr 15, 2020.

1. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient :)

A new patch was born.... :)
    I really hope you'll like it.

Patch 6.3 (10.04.2020):

- Fix: white circle in cities with gladiators will appear from its tech on
    - Fix: AI commission mercenaries after mercenary torture
    - Added female lions
    - Pop-up: Goods that cannot be cultivated: Currently cannot be cultivated (in red letters)
    - Scorpio: 2 movement points, no city bombard anymore
    - Bugfix: CityRenegade (CtD within capturing capturable units)
    - Fix: Triarii no upgrade
    - Fix: Onager same settings as catapult
    - New button for Scorpio
    - new button for city reservists
    - Equites now require stables instead of provincial cities
    - Grapes also allowed on flat terrain
    - PythonCallback: canBuild activated so that latifundia can only be built on flat land
    - Map (MainInterface): Units that can build Latifundia now be shown where they can be placed (green circle)
    - Limes and castellums can now be created in foreign areas (e.g. vassals or sieges)
    - Limes and castellums bring +1 commerce
    - Reduced costs and construction time for Limes and castellums
    - Commendation and Blessing cost reduced from 100 to 50
    - All units up to officer level can now be commended in open field. To jump to an officer (e.g. tribune) you have to go to the capital or a provincial capital as usual.
    - Bugfix: Cohors Praetoria and Urbana can now build latifundia (work rate was on 0)
    - Fix: Vassals should only request techs that they can research themselves
    - Archers: bonus for attack cancelled. They have enough advantages with the ranged attack and city defense anyway.
    - Reduced damage to plague and sea storm
    - Fix: Working elephants now also show unimproved bonus plots (like workers and slaves)
    - Graphics: embellished floor for the Roman Forum miracle (was too yellow)
    - New feature: when a Civ surrenders, there are automatically open borders with the hegemon, as well as with its vassals
    - Bonus items on trading posts can be loaded by wagons and remain on the plot to prevent "theft" in neutral areas.
    - Rank system revised: Movements of higher ranks are now at least as good as the lower rank.
    - Ancient observatory will be obsolete with library tech. In this way, people with little knowledge bonus can pass that.
    - Thingstead brings -75% maintenance costs instead of -50% now (like the yurt)
    - Scenario update: Second Punic War
    - Sewerages also for India
    - Chance to get pillage promos reduced from 20% to 10%
    - Trait Protective: +1 :)
    - Trait expansive: +1 :health: instead of 2
    - Trait Conqueror: doubles the number of slaves during conquests (as with aggressive)
    - Trait Conqueror: Total healing on CityRaider Promo removed
    - Trait Protective: Total healing removed from CityGarrison Promo
    - Spiritual Trait: doubles the speed of temples and monasteries
    - Chieftain (ST 12) now from chain armor. Can be created from any elite unit of the Nordic peoples. Or as usual from the ranks (warrior ethic).
    - Harii/Night raider (ST 10) can be made from spearmen with veteran promo
    - Ranking system of Persians from Skirmish Tactics on
    - Fix: Large stacks of AI: heavily wounded units go to their next city to heal
    - Etruscans can no longer research Greek gods
    - Escape of units revised (see concepts)
    - Roman road renamed to Paved Road
    - Cybele cultists for everyone, is founded with Tech Scythe
    - Defense espionage penalty in larger cities
    - Dike renamed Ring dike
    - Revised Assyrian siege ram (thanks Kathy!)
    - New historical feature: deportation: in the event of conquering or destroying cities, emigrants are created to settle in their own empire
    - MouseOver text for buildings that have a religion as a requirement (except for some unique buildings, such as temples and sacred shrines)
    - Fix: standing merchants who can no longer go to the trading city due to closed borders
    - New wonder: Academy of Gondeschapur (late antiquity)
    - New special building for Rome and Etruscans: Valetudinarium (late classic, forerunner of the hospital)
    - New building: Hospital (late antiquity)
    - New promo for vessels: Cargo I-III
    - Spy and Great Spy: 3 instead of 2 movement points
    - Upper difficulty levels (made a little easier)

Patch 6.3.1 (15.04.2020):

- faster spread of savanna
    - Fix: trading with merchants in your own country is activated again
    - Fix: Grain should not be spread on desert plots just because there is savanna on it
    - Fix: turn time: XML/PythonCallbackDefines USE_CAN_BUILD_CALLBACK deactivated again
    -- castellums can no longer be built on foreign territory
    -- Latifundia can be created on hills (skin problem)
    - Leader Promotion now available for vessels again

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. Antigenes2

Antigenes2 Warlord

The graphic for bears shows only 1 bear when at full strength. I don't know if that's intended.

3. pie_at

Yes, I changed the size to 1. Bears usually don't come in pairs.
    I also changed the lion skin. One male and two females.

4. Antigenes2

Antigenes2 Warlord

It looks like it's off centre to the left, not that it's important. I haven't seen lions yet.

5. Antigenes2

Antigenes2 Warlord

Just a small thing I found:

When a tidal wave rolled over my country, it wiped out my elephant camp. I got the message that the elephant farm was lost (correctly), but I also got the message that the ivory was lost due to lack of walrus, rather than elephants.

6. pie_at

oh thanks! I'll change that.

7. Hornakhtyotef

Hornakhtyotef Chieftain

The Wall of Gorgan is a great late wonder whose effects - particularly the GA - justify investing all resources to it in order to be first.
    However, I wonder why I cannot build it. The only prerequisite is the tech "TECH_LIMES" (Border Fortifications). The wonder icon does not
    even show up at all in my cities.

I checked the patch logs for PAE VI and I cannot locate if the wonder has been restricted more that what it used to be. With such a
    massive mod, it is natural to find discrepancies between info and reality.

Then, I verified if I accidentally am building in another city (Domestic Advisor): Nope and the icon would simply be grayed out anyways...
    Then, I check if it could mean I need a city with Walls/Broad Walls: Nope.
    I have stone and marble.

The AI could apparently build it in patch 6.2.0. Babylonia built it. Maybe, something went wrong in the python code because the XML does not seem
    to show anything abnormal and latitude restriction does not cut it.

The mystery lies why the icon does not even show up, even if it grayed out. The AI is catching up and I feel they will build it just because I couldn't.
    My only theory is that it was tacitly (=not yet documented) coded to be available to Mesopotamian civs only. I believe potentially making all wonders
    available to all civs is one big gratification and incentive to unusual strategies. Imagine working one's *ss off to get that religion and steal the wonder under the intended AI's nose.
    Love it. Plus, it gives flavor to each game when capturing/building units/buildings you are normally not allowed to.

As a side note, Arg-e Bam Citadel is another weird wonder, albeit pretty uninteresting if you possess native silk. It should be buffed because any
    defense bonus is pretty irrelevant late in the game. To get back to the weirdness, how to get this elusive automatically built "Trading Center".
    Maybe I assumed wrong: the Civopedia may refer to trade route from merchant carts/boats and not city trade routes.

8. Hornakhtyotef

Hornakhtyotef Chieftain

Alright, I have committed to a simple test in Worldbuilder and it confirms my hypothesis. Only Mesopotamian civs (Babylonia, Sumeria, Assyria, or Persia) are allowed to build the
    Wall of Gorgan. I assume it was made so for the sake of historicity and making sure in scenarios that this wonder shows up on the map close to where the Sassanian empire was.

A bummer it is.

EDIT: It was right under my nose the whole time. In the XML file named "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml", the Great Wall of Gorgan is defined as a special building
    in the same respect as the Stonehenge wonder.
    Furthermore, I must have been blind during the time of PAE 5 because it was already
    implemented that way.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  9. pie_at

Yes, you're right, it's a wonder and a little bit strange that it can only be built by the mesos, but there are lots of other wonders in PAE and only some are restricted to CIVs.
    I don't think, that's bad. The Romans have their Limes for instance. It would be strange if they build the Gorgan Walls AND the Limes palisades.
    And being first on building that: if you're playing a meso civ with lots of meso neighbours, than you've got your challenge. at least a fact, that you would play other Civs than Rome :)
    I will check that and give the wonder a better strategic help, thx, this was my fault!

Arg-e Bam: but if you don't have silk? Or if you only have one resource you can now trade with that for other resources or turn money? how should I upgrade it in your opinion?

Trade centers: this works only with trade wagons by trading goods from cities of two different nations

10. Manarch

Manarch Chieftain

Hello, just dropping by since you're on the subject of Trading centers.

Do the trade roads have to each be with different goods and/or different foreign cities? Could a Trading center be created, say, from three trade roads to the same city exchanging the exact same goods? I'm unsure about it, although there's always the option to do some rp-ing on the subject, for diversity.

Not participating much these times, because I'm still on 6.1.9 as I quite like the balance of that version (not to say that some of the latest features aren't enticing). I'm only translating a few things here and there.

11. pie_at

Translating: great! this is really a very big help! Thx a lot!

Trade roads: No, there is no need to have different goods. But the chance gets higher.
    Yes, you can trade with 3 wagons to the same city. but think of the 3 turns the bonus resource stays in the city: if the city has already this bonus resource, the trade bonus and the chance of a trade road is fewer. but the more often you trade the higher the chance to get a road.

;) no prob about the version. Just wait for the next one, it gets a brand new feature with the Olympic (then Panhellenic) Games.

12. Antigenes2

Antigenes2 Warlord

I found something that looks like a bug. Gold carts - in my current game Massinissa has gold carts stacked up in various cities, and I saw one head towards a small city rather than the capital, which was nearer. This is on the latest patch 6.3.1.

13. pie_at

14. Carloquillo

Carloquillo Chieftain

Hi.

First of all, congratulate Pie for this wonderful Mod. I've been playing with it for years, it's the only one I play with already. Now I'm playing a game with the latest patch (6.3.1) and I can't build "BUILDINGCLASS_PAPYRUSPOST" even though I own the technology (alphabet) and the Egyptians are selling Cyperus papyrus to me (by the way they can't build it either), therefore I imagine it will be a bug. So I inform you.

What a wonderful mod! :goodjob: :goodjob::goodjob: ah! ... that I already told you ... :mischief::lol:

Greetings from Colonia Flavia Brigantium.

P.S .: Sorry for my bad English. :blush:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  15. pie_at

Great to hear/read that!
    There are lots of castra brigantii, but judging by your name, it's the Spanish galicia ? :)

To the papyrus post: in 6.3.1 some buildings must have its bonus resource in range of the city: stables (horse, camel and ele), winery, murex and ivory market.

It was strange to build a trade post for papyrus on a northern island, just because you have papyrus in your trading network.

16. Manarch

Manarch Chieftain

Hello

I'm finally making my debuts on 6.3.1, allowing my observations to be up to date again. And to begin, I got errors on mod loading:

Spoiler :

Subsequently, I don't know if anyone already reported that a lot of text appears under the form "TXT_KEY_[...]", at least in the french version.

None of this is game-impending, so off I go. See you soon!

17. pie_at

Oh thx,
    I have already changed the PAEV text file on 18.6., so I can't go checking the lines of the error message.

Do you know what TXT-KEY is wrong? I think it's just a wrong letter which needs to transform into html code.

18. Manarch

Manarch Chieftain

Oh yeah sorry, there's tens of entries concerned, I'll do a rundown as soon as I can.
    Thanks

19. Carloquillo

Carloquillo Chieftain

Hi Pie. :)

Yes, Flavia Brigantium in Gallaecia, near the Roman lighthouse of A Coruña. On the matter of papyrus ... I understand it, but then I do not understand why it is in the commercial network, that is, if you can only build the papyrus export post in a city that has that resource in the area, why it serves to acquire it? If I do not have a papyrus in my country, I cannot do anything with it (it does not provide any bonuses for happiness or health) and I cannot sell it to another because if he does not have a papyrus in his country, it is useless. About something else: The provincial palace has to be built with a hero, right? because with the prefect I can't build it, only change the type of governor.

Anyway, I hope I have explained myself well ... my English is not a good thing. :rolleyes:

Greetings and thanks for your kind responses and as I already said for this magnificent mod. :thumbsup:

20. Manarch

Manarch Chieftain

True for the papyrus, but it's different for Elephant for exemple, since some buildings are given access to with the ressource in the trade network, albeit it only concerns a couple of cases.

Pie, can't find the source of my troubles yet, but I suspect a simple problem with the archive downloaded. Is it complete for everyone else? I'll try again I think.