PAE VI Patch 6.5 and higher (latest 07. Feb. 2024)

I've uploaded a new test version :
PAE 6.12c

Religion updates are not done yet, but I removed all current bugs, I hope.

Hi there. Thanks a lot for this new version.
There is a bug with the merchant convoys: you can only have one at a time. You can't have three like before. But you can still build one when you already have one in game.

Edit: Same problem with the Bronze Foundry building.

Last edited:
Merchants and Foundries are working mostly as intended I think. The number of merchants you can have is equal to the number of Trading Post buildings you have, up to 9 (equal to the three traders, three camels, and three ships from previous patches). If you have less cities than that, certain techs and leader traits increase the limit, as detailed in the Trade section of the PAE Concepts part of the Civilopedia.

For the bronze foundries, each one now requires you to have one copper, and one tin/lead. So you'll have to build them strategically as you acquire the resources to do so, as opposed to putting one down in every settlement in your empire.

One question that I have about the new version: In the PAE Concepts section on supply, it now mentions that the player's maximum units per stack are 10/15/20... But it doesn't seem to say anything about what causes this limit to increase, so I don't really have any idea when it's safe to add more units to my stacks.

Also, the goldsmith building still shows up in cities that can't keep it, though the similar problem with tanneries seems to have been fixed!

There are still many things to be done in 6.12c as it's only a beta version for testing...
The bug with foundry (and other buldings) that can't be finished is fixed already.

Pie is on hollidays atm, so be patient. The 6.12 (or what ever it will be called then) version will be expanded further, and become a major patch at the end.

Great update! I really like how the hunters can build camps now. Spices up early game.
I have had trouble with ctds since 6.12x, tho. Game ctds quietly during AI turn. No message. I believe others have reported similar problems?

Attachments

• Sulla the Roman BC-1696ctd.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
I'm not sure if this is right place but I have some issue with "waiting for other civilizations" infinite pop out. You can do everything on the screen, open all the city tabs, click units etc. but the turn won't progress. Happenes randomly on different settings but I think marathon speed (I like longer games) is particularly prone to pop it. Here is one of my latest saves when it happenes, unfortunately no earlier turns from autosave since I've started new game.

Funny though I did the same scenario, same nation (Rome) and it was going smoothly way past the point that game broke. Or at least until I haven't pay attention and some of my enemies spawned mercenaries on top of the Rome and conquered it since I had no money to hire some on my own and only skeleton defence units around, good job there Pie, gonna watch out next time.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar the Roman BC-0545 blokada.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
In Sullas save the Sumerian merchants did the crash.
In the other save I couldn't check, because you safed during the endless loop.

I removed all units that could cause such problems (merchants, hunters, gold carts,..) and now the game goes on.
The potientially misfunctional units are on my list.

I've attached them, if you want to go on with those games.

Attachments

• Sulla the Roman Turn452.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • Augustus Caesar Turn56.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Wow, thanks a lot! I did not realize you were going to fix the actual savefile for me!

Hi Pie
Love the new patch!

However quite early in the game playing on Brechmitts XXXL and it stalls with the globe on end of turn. Funny enough I can still quit to desktop so not totally crashed. Any wisdom you can share??

Hi rjsalpha,
did you try the XXL and XL maps? Are they working? Because if so, it might be you PC not beíng capable to run the XXXL. Should not be "quite early in the game", though.

Don't know. I'm currently playing on the XXXL map at turn 1300+, so it works here.

Hi Pie
Love the new patch!

However quite early in the game playing on Brechmitts XXXL and it stalls with the globe on end of turn. Funny enough I can still quit to desktop so not totally crashed. Any wisdom you can share??
Hi Pie,

As many people before me have said; your mod is beyond awesome, and to me it's the only reason to keep playing this old game.

Unfortunately, just as rjsalpha mentioned, the XXXL map (and XXL and XL too) freezes on the "spinning globe"-end of turn, somewhere at 20 or 30-ish turns into the game. And yes, the in-game menu is still accessible, strangely enough.

My computer is far from a potato, thus i dont't think the internal memory, GPU, of other hardware limitation is at fault here.

Anyhow, let us know if you have wisdom on how to prevent this, or if you need more info.

Best regards,

HM.

Last edited:
Ok. In the German forum they have the same problem. So it must be the new patch somehow. With version PAE 6.12d it was fine.

We will investigate...

Thanks guys. Yes I've been playing your superb map Brettschmitt for a few years now and this is actually the first time with all the patches that its hit the problem of the spinning globe. I'll keep an eye out for a new patch one day.

Have a great Christmas everyone!!

Christmas too :)

One question: Is this spinning globe problem only on the Eurasia XL, XXL and XXXL maps? Everything else works?

Hi Brett
I'll fire up another game away from your XL's and let you know

Richard

Hi Brett
Just played 800 years or so of Thorgals Huge Europe map with no issues. I hope you can fix it buddy!!!

Thanks alpha, we will try to find the problem.
But if you quit the game and load a save, it should work again. The endless globe seems to only occur from time to time...

Top Bottom