PAE VI Patch 6.5 and higher (latest 07. Feb. 2024)

For those who have the city tab bug in Patch 6.9. Please try this file and replace it in PAE/Asstes/Python/Screens (and delete the .txt ending of the file attribute).

did this solve the problem? IT IS save game compatible.

Edit: file deleted

Last edited:
Sorry, Pie. Didn't fix it for me. If you and others don't have this bug there must be some difference between our versions.

damn, ok, then I have to test by myself... but got no time at the moment... please be patient...

Please try this file. Ramk helped me in debugging the city build tabs! I hope it works now! He said, you don't have this problem when you play with high solution.

(replace it in PAE/Asstes/Python/Screens (and delete the .txt ending of the file attribute).

Attachments

• CvMainInterface.py.txt
    468.5 KB · Views: 60
Thx! Great! And sorry for that mistake! I couldn't see the error, cause it seems I've got a screen width that works.

And Manarch: thx for your list, I have noticed all necessary points to change or edit and will do that next update... I am really very busy at the moment and can't spend time for modding.

Three trade caravans seems poor reward for building the Silk Road. What about getting a Great Merchant instead?

Three caravans with goods shouldn't be good?! They are very worthy expecially for CIVs that don't possess a camel resource.

What if you can't trade? Even if you can trade I would argue that they're not worth the time and resources you spend in making the Silk Road.

The AI still seems to be having trouble with gold carts. I don't know if that's supposed to be fixed in this patch.

Clicking on the download to Patch 6.9 leads nowhere.

Hey Pie, great work! You make the lockdown more beareable :p
Btw, I noticed that in Eurasia XXXL Babylon and Sparta start with palaces in their capitals. Is this some sort of mistake or a balance to make the civs more competent?

I noticed that in Eurasia XXXL Babylon and Sparta start with palaces in their capitals. Is this some sort of mistake or a balance to make the civs more competent?
They are city states, so cannot build settlers! But starting with palace to keep up in early game. There are several city states on the XXXL map. Etruscan, Sparta, and Babylon are playable. Some others are AI only for flavor.

Problem with playable city states at the moment is that they don't have their special units or buildings. So e.g. Sparta will not have Spartans (which is sad but at the moment no other solution).

Last edited:
What if you can't trade? Even if you can trade I would argue that they're not worth the time and resources you spend in making the Silk Road.
You can sell the goods and earn lots of money (instead of just getting money in previous versions). you have to park the units until you can trade.

The AI still seems to be having trouble with gold carts. I don't know if that's supposed to be fixed in this patch.
yeah, I don't know why the AI sometimes get's em and sometimes they don't.

Clicking on the download to Patch 6.9 leads nowhere.
In the download thread? I just tested, for me, it works ?!

Yes, that worked! I was using Chrome and changed to Edge and I downloaded it just fine! Thanks!

Why do you need to research War Dogs before researching Chainmail? It doesn't on the face of it seem like a logical progression.

oh I have to put some techs - which have been simultaneaous invented - into some logical strings.
It would be wrong, if I let you invent war dogs after chain mail. :twitch:

But perhaps: a good reason could be their jaws :D

Top Bottom