PAE VI Patch 6.5 and higher (latest 07. Feb. 2024)

oh... I will check that... thx...

edit: damn... this info was lost... I'll fix that.

do you want a quick hotfix or can you wait for the next patch?

Last edited:
HOTFIX available for all of you, who downloaded patch 6.8 before now. I've uploaded the full patch 6.8 with the hotfix just at the moment.

edit: in hotfix 6.8.2 included

Last edited:
Hey,

I also have a question about trade. Often times the trade road is build on AI territory, rarely on mine. After a while, the AI has a long trade route running all across his land and I have like 1-2 plots with the trade road. What can I do to have more TR plots on my land? Or does it need changing the code or sth ??

After a while, the AI has a long trade route running all across his land and I have like 1-2 plots with the trade road. What can I do to have more TR plots on my land? Or does it need changing the code or sth ??
I had that too several times... It's just random. When you sell something in a city there might spawn a traderoute...
And usually it even seems to go the right direction (from that city you sold something to where the good came from). But prefers diagonal plots... so the route as a whole often runs way off...

I would really like it, if the route somehow spawns in your own territory more often. Or if it really spawns on the tiles your tradewaggon is actually using... that would be best (but maybe could slow down the game?).

However... maybe Pie will think about it again.

Last edited:
It's possibly the value of goods. The AI first tries to trade the more profitable goods. And the AI tries to trade with a neigbour.
So don't just trade cows or pigs, just trade gems and silk etc.... better with your neighbour!

I had to fix something again. Here the hotfix.
(it's now included in the last main patch)

Edit: is included in hotfix 6.8.3

Last edited:
It's like I've been trading gold/amber for salt (Limes Germanicus scenario). The routes got absurd for the AI, paltry for me. Think I found a bit of a way: send the wagons from my interior to AI's border town - in result the wagon travels many my plots and only few of the AI. Need to test the values, too, e.g. I sell horse/bronze but import sth expensive. I wonder how such imbalance works towards trade roads. For now it looks like profitable import gets more benefits.

Last edited:
I had to fix something again. Here the hotfix.
(it's now included in the last main patch)

Hey Pie,
there are some files errors after the last hotfix 6.8.2.

"XML Error
Tag: BUILD_WORKSHOP in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\units/civ4Unitinfos.xml"

Same for Lumbermill, windmill, watermill, well, scrub fallout, forest preserve.

CTD !!!

oh damn... I loaded the BTS units file into the hotfix..... :D sorry !! preparing next hotfix.....

edit: here you are!

sorry for the circumstances...

Last edited:
another error was found... I will soon upload a new hotfix... sorry.

Edit: hotfix 6.8.4 is available in the first post!

Last edited:
The new patch 6.9 is available now!

Changes and download link in the first post.

Have lots of fun!

I seem to have an interface problem on the latest patch 6.9. After I complete the research on the first building the city build queue sometimes disappears. Research items that you start and stop aren't displayed either, unles they are hidden under a UI element. I tried a couple of maps and different techs and got varying results. In the example below I was able to research hunting without a problem and other techs don't seem to trigger it either. So far, the Well and Mysticism do trigger it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 90
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 94
Yes I am now unable to get a city build queue at all except when an item completes. Then in that city only the build queue reappears until you select a build at which time it is again unavailable until it completes. I got this issue in every scenario I tried (specifically Etruscans in Peloponnesian scen , Athens in Wars of Diodachi and Carthage in First Punic). When I unload the mod scenario and install just version 6 no patch all is well. I have been unable to find an earlier patch to reapply as I (noob that I am lol) deleted the previous patch and did not save a backup before overwriting with the new patch. I guess I could do a system restore ^L^. I've been enjoying your version of Civ 4 since I first discovered your version 2 thank you very much for the time, effort and professionalism you and you various fellow travelers have devoted to this mod.

Last edited:
Yes I am now unable to get a city build queue at all except when an item completes. Then in that city only the build queue reappears until you select a build at which time it is again unavailable until it completes. I got this issue in every scenario I tried (specifically Etruscans in Peloponnesian scen , Athens in Wars of Diodachi and Carthage in First Punic). When I unload the mod scenario and install just version 6 no patch all is well. I have been unable to find an earlier patch to reapply as I (noob that I am lol) deleted the previous patch and did not save a backup before overwriting with the new patch. I guess I could do a system restore ^L^. I've been enjoying your version of Civ 4 since I first discovered your version 2 thank you very much for the time, effort and professionalism you and you various fellow travelers have devoted to this mod.

Which patch did you apply before the latest? I'm wondering if missing a previous patch has caused the problem. I went from 6.3.1 to 6.9. Anyway here's patch 6.3.1.

Patches 6.3.1 and 6.4.1 available lower down this page.

Last edited:
I went from 6.6? (I think*) to 6.9. Or maybe it was 6,8 it was done about a 2 months ago so w/e the latest prior to 6.9 that was listed on this patch page at that time. Hadn't been back to PAE for quite awhile prior to that I think I'd been playing PAEV.something. Thx for reminding me about the 'whole' page lol I had zeroed down to this post only looking for prior patches. O-0

Last edited:
Top Bottom