PAEV (Final Version) - Roman Tide

Manco Capac

Friday,13 June,I Collapse
The roman republic is no more. Following the glory of Julius Ceasar, it is now the turn of his son, Augustus to take the lead and pursue the romanization of the world. Green-eyed germanic tribes won't stand the hubris of Rome and stand against every Roman passing by. Their pride shall not be trodden on.

MOD: PAE (Pie Ancient Europe)
Version: The latest.
Scenario: Limes Germanicus

The Limes Germanicus stands for German Frontier, which is the limit between civilized and the barbarian nations according to the ancient.

You obviously can't play Augustus. He is the common foe.
Same for the Menapi tribe because the player will suffer too much pressure from the Roman empire.

Here is you list choice:

Preferably, choose randomly. I'll do.

Remember, this man is the devil incarnate.
Spoiler :

To quote someone far more appreciated than I, "Don't jump at me all at once".

I am interested, but I'd like to know how may players..
(as more than 8 players means a turn will take too long for my taste)

To quote someone far more appreciated than I, "Don't jump at me all at once".

:lol:
Poor Tachy.

As usual for PBEMs these days, I will join if Nighthawk does. On my own I'm not sure. I'm intrigued by the idea, but I would have to learn yet another mod, and I'm in so many games already...

Oh well, I tried. At least, I didn't try too hard this time to bump into a wall like usual.
Loss of time. So glad I quitted this stupid Civ4 forum.

Maybe you would have more luck without the restriction of having to choose a barbarian tribe and fighting against Rome? If you take a look at my mod PBEMs you will notice that pretty much none of them have any arbitrary additions to the base scenario, as especially lesser known mods won't attract too many players if you overwhelm potential joiners with a load of houserules when they haven't even played the mod yet.

I wonder why Tigranes hasn't shown up yet though, back during one of our Skype conversations he totally gushed about this mod and how he would love to play a PBEM with it once it's finished, which apparently it is.
Here's another secret to my success: Send e-mails/PMs to whomever you think your game might interest, and even to those who might need a little 'persuasion'.

Bah, he hates me out of the blue. That's life. lol. He finds me no longer "funny". As if it was important from the beginning. Dat "the feels".

Why the efforts? Look at my past one. Don't say to me it's heavily worked on...I have learnt efforts worth nothing. Only three players... Sorry to be a defeatist, but I bumped so many times into the wall while I was away I have gone one step more misantrope.

Regarding the new mod constraint: isn't Final Frontier the same for most? It is, but still you got many players.

Anyways, I moved on.
Perhaps, I should watch MLP to learn love and friendship.

Bah, he hates me out of the blue. That's life. lol. He finds me no longer "funny". As if it was important from the beginning. Dat "the feels".

Then join the Anti-Tigranes club. I and Nighthawk are still looking for more members. :D

Why the efforts? Look at my past one. Don't say to me it's heavily worked on...I have learnt efforts worth nothing. Only three players... Sorry to be a defeatist, but I bumped so many times into the wall while I was away I have gone one step more misantrope.

What was your past game again?

Regarding the new mod constraint: isn't Final Frontier the same for most? It is, but still you got many players.

No. I didn't impose an artificial scenario on top of the base mod, and even then it took a while and a lot of guilt-tripping to bring all eight players to join.

Perhaps, I should watch MLP to learn love and friendship.

Mayhaps...

Spoiler Or you just need a hug :

Well, I think alcohol doesn't do good on me after all.

Ok, I'll stop barking like an enraged dog; I forgot rule #1: never talk when pessimist as it bothers others' comfort and it simply backlashes twice stronger afterward.

There should be a +1 system for posts like on Imgur. It would be top.

"That's the evilest thing I can imagine" you could say. But point taken.

No offense, but I really can't remember it. I usually don't check this subforum except for thread of the games I'm in, and only coincidentally came across this one because I checked Nighthawk's profile when he was reading it.

Does this mod have a subforum or at least a thread on CivFanatics? I couldn't find anything with the search function.

Edit: Nevmind, I found it. Certainly looks fascinating, I think I'm gonna download it one of these days. The only thing I'm worried about is whether my stupid toaster of a PC can run it without crashing every other turn.

:lol:

Then join the Anti-Tigranes club. I and Nighthawk are still looking for more members.

Double :lol:

I am sitting here, Innocently minding my business and suddenly discover this. I cannot hate anybody even in joke, I avoid using that word in real life. I am simply disappointed with Tachy's attitude as a host in one simple game we play.

Situation with Civ4 PBEM forums is generally understandable. No fresh blood means you end up playing with same people again and again, which creates virtual friendship and virtual frictions -- depending on personalities and random circumstances. On my part I only ask for 2 things from the people: play your turns, if you are a player, or don't play AND make sure others play their turns -- if you are the host, or don't host. Simple, eh? Other than that there is no love or hate online -- except for civ-addicted, whom I happened to meet in person :beer:

Now that I downloaded the mod and opened the scenario (Limes Germanicus) I don't really think I would like to play it as one of those icky barbarian tribes. I would still be up for a PAE PBEM in general.

Top Bottom