1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pakistani Muslim butchers seize , slaughter cows in Hindu temple

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by aneeshm, Oct 25, 2006.

1. aneeshm

aneeshm Deity

Who said desecration and iconoclasm is dead ?

A rather shocking news story ( oh hell , who am I kidding - this sort of behaviour is routine , almost expected in any country which has the word "Islamic Republic" in its name ) about how a cleric and butchers have occupied a historic Hindu temple and forced many Hindu families out of their homes , and then proceeded to slaughter cows in the temple .

Linky

How long before such countries join the rest of the civilised world and enact secular laws , and actually respect their own citizens ?

2. mayakovsky

mayakovsky Cosmic Slop

aneeshm, I don't think anyone has the guts to stand up and identify the enemy, let alone stand up to them. At least not yet. And if they ever do come around I hope that it's not too late. I, by no means, have a lust for blood, but the world needs to wake up and put the hammer down instead of coddling the enemy.

Just what will it take before we become united against a common foe? I'm actually quite scared that it will be something extremly tragic.

3. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Sad story.

As always, others will read this and condemn all Muslims, instead of condemning the insane idiot who happens to be Muslim.

Sadder.

4. salty mud

salty mud Deity

:eek: What are the Muslims getting into these days? :eek: Wow, that is so cheeky. They want deporting out of the country. Poor Hindus. :(

5. Stylesjl

Stylesjl SOS Brigade Member

Another Anti-Muslim troll thread ahhh don't it feel good to belittle an entire relgion of the actions of a few? That is a rhetorical question. Keep up the good work, hate mongering makes the world a better place.

Anyway it is quite nasty that Hindu temples in Pakistan are destroyed by the government or other groups of Muslims who just don't give a damn :(

Such incidents are all too common in Pakistan though

6. aneeshm

aneeshm Deity

The tragedy is a double one - not only is this a human right violation of the Hindus living in Pakistan , they are also destroying their own history and identity . V.S. Naipaul was prophetic when he said that as the pan-Islamic movement gains momentum , it inspires in its adherents a hatred , a rage , against their own past .

7. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

Geeeeeeee, Pakistani using temple as slaughter houses, Hindu destroying mosques in India and burning muslim alive in trains; the whole Indian subcontinent is going crazy.
    How long before those countries join the rest of the civilised world and enact secular laws , and actually respect their own citizens ?

8. salty mud

salty mud Deity

They won't. If they can't stop fighting over something as pathetic as a religion, there is no hopee for them.

EDIT: 700th post! :bounce: I am now an exalted member of the CFC community! :bounce: [party]

9. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

If you think of religion being "petty" then you will never learn to care for them. Religion is not "petty" it's their basic understanding of the world. If you take religion away, you take their culture and their livelyhoods away.

Keep your nose out of their culture. Ignore them, and let them simmer. The West will FAR outclass these people if we learn to respect their views. Until then, we cannot progress if we find their mindset to be "petty".

10. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

So why aren't the authorities doing anything? People don't have the right to property in Pakistan? Can people just come in and take your cows?

11. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Religion is petty/pathetic. Its never done anything for me, and never will. Forcefully capturing a temple and killing cows for no reason is just stupid, especially if it is sacred in Hinduism. Muslims are deliberatly agravating other religions: they want a war to spread Islam.

:rotfl:

12. El_Machinae

No, it's a serious question. I would think that a nation would adopt laws that allow people to own property. A nation would want such laws made and enforced.

13. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

While I think this act is unjust, this thread does remind me of this one.

14. Mott1

Mott1 King

Well the Pakistani constitution does provide property rights to its citizens, but I'm sure the constitution has been altered several times through amendments especially during the period when Pakistan instituted martial law. I am almost positive that it no longer provides equality or enforces equal treatment.
    I am sure you are well aware that the Pakistani government is not impartial to its citizens regarding discrimination and equality.

Take for example of the murder of Niamat Ahmar.

If I recall correctly, a large crowd gathered in front of the courthouse and demanded that the murderer be acquited. The way they seen it, he did nothing wrong.

Read these if you are interested.
    http://www.rghr.net/mainfile.php/0736/997/

http://www.hinduhumanrights.org/Pakistan/index.htm

15. El_Machinae

That's awful.
    I can understand that freedom of religion is not protected; but property rights are foundational to a successful society.

16. Shaihulud

Shaihulud Deity

Geee... Hindus and Muslims kill each other all the time in India, noone has even died in this incident so its nothing as yet.

17. salty mud

salty mud Deity

The cows have...

18. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Eatin' good in the Pakistani Hood.