Palace upgrade

Matrix

CFC Dinosaur
Retired Moderator
Does anyone know what exactly triggers a palace upgrade? I often have the feeling that I make jumps in development and thus skip some upgrades which makes it impossible to get a full palace. :undecide:

You get a palace upgrade when you have a certain score (it varies for different levels. In King you get the first five upgrades at 3, 7, 13, 21 and 31 points). I don't think you can skip an upgrade. I has happened to me that I build a Wonder early in the game an I get two upgrades or more.

I think that you can get palace upgrades when you capture an enemy city with wonders.
In my experience, you always get one last upgrade when you conquer the last enemy city.

I think that you can get palace upgrades when you capture an enemy city with wonders.
Yes, but because that suddenly increases your score.

Thanks, Alice. :)

I suppose the game takes into account that you don't get an upgrade twice for the same score, in case you have dropped in score?

I suppose the game takes into account that you don't get an upgrade twice for the same score, in case you have dropped in score?
I don't know about that one :confused: . My guess is you don't.

I also noticed theat if you build a palace like in the Middle Ages, you get a little more research.

Hmm.that owuld be weird.Them palaces are funny, you can mix them. I usually sart with getting up a street in front of it. Has anyone ever gottten a complete castle here?

Yes, quite a few times. I like the palace in Civ 1, it's quite a cool sight to see. And it's much better than the boring throne room in Civ 2. I turned that one off after playing Civ 2 a few times, in Civ 1 I always kept the palace function on. Mostly I go for the classical look. If someone has a few screenshots of a completed palace it would be cool!

Yah I played civilization 2 for the psx and I hate the throne room. Anyone noticed that the greek music in Civ 1 is the same as one fo the background musics in Civ 2?

I hate the throne room as well. No sense of personality or distinction. Truely awful concept.

Yes, it's incredible how they messed this palace thing up in civ 2.
This alone shows there was no spirit in the sequel.

addiv said:
Yes, quite a few times. I like the palace in Civ 1, it's quite a cool sight to see. And it's much better than the boring throne room in Civ 2. I turned that one off after playing Civ 2 a few times, in Civ 1 I always kept the palace function on. Mostly I go for the classical look. If someone has a few screenshots of a completed palace it would be cool!

I entirely agree with all of what addiv said except for the classical look, i prefer this Tajmahal/Cordoba mix: ;)

Attachments

• Castle.gif
    Castle.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,706
How do you capture the screenshots?

{|}$~\ said:
How do you capture the screenshots?

Probably they used the print screen button. If you hit that key, it will save the screenshot on the clipboard, and they you can paste the image into any photo editing program and save it there. Hope that helps.

That doesn't work in the command line (DOS program) mode.

Alice said:
You get a palace upgrade when you have a certain score (it varies for different levels. In King you get the first five upgrades at 3, 7, 13, 21 and 31 points). I don't think you can skip an upgrade. I has happened to me that I build a Wonder early in the game an I get two upgrades or more.

This is true. You get palace upgrade opportunities at certain levels of civilization points. I don't know the exact levels, but I have read them sometimes in this forum (I think).

You don't 'lose' palace updates if you get' enough points for two or even more upgrades. I've had (multiple times) the possibility to upgrade my palace two or even three times in one turn. If you build two wonders in one turn and your cities grow with 5 in total you will get 45 additional civilizationpoints. And in the beginning of a high difficulty level game (king or emperor) 45 points will give your palace a major boost :)

on a slightly different note, is there a way to go back and look at your palce nonce you've completed it?

( i only know how to trigger a screen when i get a higher score..)

Nope. No way. Unless you borrow my time machine.

Top Bottom