Paladins and Potency

Gwythur

Chieftain
The spiritual trait gives free potency to disciple units, and paladins are disciple units. I've seen disciples (tier 2) gain passive xp from potency, and I've seen priests (tier 3) gain passive xp, both with and without potency. But I've never seen a paladin (tier 4) gain passive xp, either with or without potency. I assume that this is working as intended, and the spiritual trait is pretty powerful regardless, but could someone explain the design reasoning here to me?

Potency is gifted to every disciple unit under the spiritual trait, and it SPEEDS UP the free experience priests get over time, however, since Paladins don't gain experience over time, it doesn't have any effect. The main point is priests have many usefull promotions while not beign likly to survive combat, on the other hand, paladins are geared towards bashing your foolish enemies heads in

I don't think its really hurting anything by being there, other then perhaps confusing people

simply upgrade to the pally...

Yeah, you can simply keep a small army of priests in reserve (who do gain exp over time) and replenish your paladin ranks with new, highly experienced ones as they die off.

It is set by unit.

Yeah, you can simply keep a small army of priests in reserve (who do gain exp over time) and replenish your paladin ranks with new, highly experienced ones as they die off.

Or you upgrade them to druids, it is more effective.

They don't abandon you if you switch alignments so you can have all 12 if you really want.

BoA's will stay as well if you switch, you just need AV to build them.

If you have a permanent alliance with someone of a different alignment, you can create that alignments un/holy warriors as well.

I was surprised when, as Auric, I had the option to upgrade my champions to paladins when in Basium's lands, but when in mine, Eidolons. Made it a lot easier to fight off Hyborem, which was the exact reason why I summoned Basium in the first place.

If you have a permanent alliance with someone of a different alignment, you can create that alignments un/holy warriors as well.

I was surprised when, as Auric, I had the option to upgrade my champions to paladins when in Basium's lands, but when in mine, Eidolons. Made it a lot easier to fight off Hyborem, which was the exact reason why I summoned Basium in the first place.

That is so win. It is a feature. Please, no changing it. Let it stay.

Top Bottom