Palin's Daughter Preggo

Perf.....

Wouldnt you say someone thats risen to the point of being a governor of a state someone of 'substance and character'?
Certainly, I have nothing against Palin as a person or politician. It's just that when looking through potential VP canidates it seems to me the reason he picked her is to help win the election, not so much as her being a good VP in the future. Where as in the case of Biden it's obvious that he would be a great advisor for Obama.

It's the sort of political gamesmanship that I've been seeing too much of in McCain this election.

If you haven't noticed, she is taking reponsibility. She knows she is responsible.

Marrying because of pregnancy does not equal responsibility. She has already tested the boundaries of responsibility while getting knocked up at age 17. Compounding a horrible mistake with a bad idea is not responsibility.

That post made absolutely no sense. You do not choose the color of your skin, yet you do choose your running mate. John Mccain chose someone way outside of the Washington establishment, and Barrack Hussein Obama just chooses another sterotypical washington canidate.

He chose a woman because he realized the only way he had any chance of winning this election was by playing identity politics.

From a 2006 candidate questionnaire, here.

That doesnt say she is abstinence only. It says she doesnt want to see explicit sex-ed programs. To me, that seems to say she wants them taught at least side by side.

Palin was chosen to shore up the socical conservs, and get the fiscal conservs in on the energy plans.

Marrying because of pregnancy does not equal responsibility. She has already tested the boundaries of responsibility while getting knocked up at age 17. Compounding a horrible mistake with a bad idea is not responsibility.

A bad idea? How would you know? Are you them?

It sounds to me like you want to impress your 'family' values upon them.

But when a family like Palins actually shows itself to be human, and to have to deal with the same issues families all over the USA do every day. They cackle with glee.

I'd wager you consider me "left". And this doesn't leave me "cackling with glee." Mostly, I find it depressing.

On the level of someone observing politics, it does make McCain's selection of her a little more odd, in that, obviously, he knew about this and that it would come out and pretty quick (the girl is 5 months pregnant) and that it would generate a lot of negative publicity. Other than that, I don't care, in terms of the politics of it. Or at least I won't so far as they don't turn it into a talking point. I hate how politicians use their families for photo ops, etc... then complain when they attract criticism. The faux outrage is a joke.

On a more human side, its unfortunate. We have a larger issue in this country of being afraid of teaching teenagers about birth control so this certainly not shocking. Maybe she can hang out w/ Jamie Spears?

Since everyone must have known about this before Palin was selected, how were they planning to use this to their advantage?

That doesnt say she is abstinence only. It says she doesnt want to see explicit sex-ed programs. To me, that seems to say she wants them taught at least side by side.
Well, it seems that her daughter wasn't paying attention to whatever was taught. I wonder if Palin opted her out of those days as many states allow.

Mobboss:

3. Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?
SP: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

She's saying yes to funding abistinence-until-marriage programs. This is a pretty good marker of where she stands on the issue.

I just hope (for her sake and that of the child) that she's marrying because she really wants to and not because she thinks she has to because she got pregnant. :)
and while I personally think that abstinence-only sex-ed is a bad idea, I don't think this specific incident proves it.

Certainly, I have nothing against Palin as a person or politician. It's just that when looking through potential VP canidates it seems to me the reason he picked her is to help win the election, not so much as her being a good VP in the future. Where as in the case of Biden it's obvious that he would be a great advisor for Obama.

Who, exactly, would have McCain picked that would be a 'great advisor' to someone of his experience? :lol:

It's the sort of political gamesmanship that I've been seeing too much of in McCain this election.

And Obama did the same exact thing just in the opposite direction.

A bad idea? How would you know? Are you them?

It sounds to me like you want to impress your 'family' values upon them.

For Christ's sake, they're teenagers. Teenagers know jack about anything when it comes to actual feelings for someone. You can say they could really want it, but let's face it, teenagers are idiots.

Since everyone must have known about this before Palin was selected, how were they planning to use this to their advantage?

I guess we'll see.

A few old Romney supporters (not even close to many of them) are trying make this an opportunity to get Palin booted from the VP spot. Mac would never select him, anyway, but they keep trying. There is like 3-5 people doing it. :lol:

I just hope (for her sake and that of the child) that she's marrying because she really wants to and not because she thinks she has to because she got pregnant. :)
and while I personally think that abstinence-only sex-ed is a bad idea, I don't think this specific incident proves it.
Well, the Palin household probably has the necessary weaponry for a shotgun marriage. At least they were prepared.

Eagleforumforalaska has a well known liberal bias. :lol:

lol, follows that link and found this nugget:

11. Are you offended by the phrase “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?
SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.

I don't expect non-political Soccer Moms to know that the pledge wasn't written by the FF's, but if you're a politician of her stature, you might want to know before you spout off.

Who, exactly, would have McCain picked that would be a 'great advisor' to someone of his experience? :lol:

And Obama did the same exact thing just in the opposite direction.

Idk. . . maybe somewhere where he himself admits knowing nothing about. . . the most important issue for Americans according to CNN. . . (That would be Mitt Romney's expertise)

For Christ's sake, they're teenagers. Teenagers know jack about anything when it comes to actual feelings for someone. You can say they could really want it, but let's face it, teenagers are idiots.

Sure, they are idiots. I've emphasized in this thread.

At the same time, even idiots can work things out.

Personally, I would rather they wait three years and still have the baby. Of course, neither of us have any say in the matter.

Top Bottom