Pantheon/Faith bug, or feature?

Barillius

Chieftain
I can get a goody hut on turn 3 worth 50+ Faith... (Better Goody huts mod installed... don't judge! LOL!)

upload_2021-3-17_14-25-34.png

Turn 4 - No Pantheon offered.... But on turn 5 I get an offer of a Pantheon... 2 turns later.

upload_2021-3-17_14-29-21.png

and Religious Settlements is already gone.

upload_2021-3-17_14-30-22.png

Why did i have to wait that extra turn when the AI, who acts AFTER I do, gets to choose it on turn 4 or earlier? Bug or Feature? (Or something I'm not aware of and am just being an idiot?)

So, the pantheon chance triggers the next turn after you get the required amount of Faith. Only one civ can pick a pantheon per turn.

What it looks like happened is more than one AI hit the Faith threshold before you and they got queued up to pick their pantheons, kicking your opportunity back a turn.

Thank you, @pokiehl, that is a reasonable and eye-opening explanation. My follow-up question would have to be: Is there a way to tell, either during or after the game, to find out which quick-fingered civ snagged the early Pantheon so I can exclude them from future games?

Would've thought that as well, but Russia is not in this game... Saladin (Arabia), Poundmaker (Cree), Hammurabi (Babylonia), Barbarossa (German), Hardrada (Norway), Alexander (Macedonia), Seondeok (Korea) and me, Teddy Roosevelt (RR, America)... the only 5 religions were Poundmaker, Hammurabi, Saladin, Barbarossa and Alexander.... and of those, Saladin got the Last Prophet (Arabia)..

You should be able to see the pantheon as soon as you discover a city of a civ iirc. Either directly in the cities banner or in the religion tab if it already follows a religion.

Thank you, @pokiehl, that is a reasonable and eye-opening explanation. My follow-up question would have to be: Is there a way to tell, either during or after the game, to find out which quick-fingered civ snagged the early Pantheon so I can exclude them from future games?

There might be a way to tell if you have the debug logs enabled.

Anyway, it was probably the case that one of them got lucky with a tribal village or a relic or something.

Top Bottom