1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pantheon Rating

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by BiteInTheMark, Feb 18, 2019.

1. andersw

andersw Chieftain

I've used god of craftsmen with Byzantium because they can found even with a crap pantheon.
    Capital did have a lot of quarry resources so eventually it payed out but ... far far to late.
    Its one of few pantheons that I would never take.

2. DonStill

DonStill Chieftain

Only civ I know that'll like Craftsmen is Ethiopia. 2-3 Gold, 3 Culture, 2-3 Faith, depending on what you dedicate them to. A 5% build rate for buildings would help.

3. andersw

andersw Chieftain

Whats so strong about god of commerce, 2faith and 2 gold, is that a lot? and it requires road networks ...
    Seems to have decent faith scaling but no culture or hammers, whats the deal here?
    Feel a bit thick for not getting it.

4. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

It is simply good in several aspects, you get enough faith to found with it, its easy use it and it can scale well into lategame.
    After founding the pantheon, all you have to do is founding and connecting a second city and you get +4 :c5faith:/:c5gold:, plus 2 :c5faith:for generating 10+ :c5gold: in your capital. God of open sky may generate more gold than commerce but has worse faith and scalebility. Goddess of Beauty may also generate a lot of faith, comparable with commerce, but achievable +10-15 faith in each city late game is a lot. Very hard to achieve such amount of faith with other pantheons.

5. andersw

andersw Chieftain

I've become somewhat a fan of expanse for wide authority play (even when not playing russia), free production/faith and faster border growth which also fuels tribute.
    In particular it helps with the early game but there are prob better late game beliefs.

6. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

God of Expanse is benefiting by its instant yield based mechanic. Any yield per turn pantheon would give much less yields in a puppet city, cause of the percentual yield reduction a puppet have, but instant yields are not reduced by the puppet modifier. I want to mention, that faith is the only yield which is using an integer, making it possible to nullify any faith, if you didnt surpass atleast 5 faith in a city and is else always down. This should be changed.

7. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Culture/GAP also use integers.