Panzer General Mod?

Vadus

pretend the impossible
Hi all,

I'm looking for a mod component, which provides a unit and combat behaviour known from the Panzer General games. So that there is only one unit per tile allowed and a fight results usally in a weakening of both fighting units instead of the death of one unit.
Also artillery can bombard other units in a certain range (from 2 to 4 tiles) depending on the artillery type.
All this leads to whole new tactical procedures. you can not move with a stack of units from city to city. Is such a thing already done somewhere ?

Regards

I haven't heard of one, but I am a huge fan of the games! If you got going on one, I would be totally down with it.

Good luck!

Well... I think there is a modcomponent somewhere which limits the number of units in a tile... that's a first step. Ranged bombardment you can also find as a component, so you'd have to combine the two, though. Having units withdraw from combat can be done with the existing retreat system.

So, in essence, all the pieces are already on the floor. You just have to pick them up. :D One thing though, I'm not sure how the AI would cope with such a big change from it's original logics.

One thing though, I'm not sure how the AI would cope with such a big change from it's original logics.

yes, I thought about that , too. I think, the AI doesn't know how to position the units tactically if there are no stacks anymore..

i have also thougt about that. Annother problem is that artilleryunits in the panzer general series fire if other friendly units in range are attacked.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a mod component, which provides a unit and combat behaviour known from the Panzer General games. So that there is only one unit per tile allowed and a fight results usally in a weakening of both fighting units instead of the death of one unit.
Also artillery can bombard other units in a certain range (from 2 to 4 tiles) depending on the artillery type.
All this leads to whole new tactical procedures. you can not move with a stack of units from city to city. Is such a thing already done somewhere ?

Regards

Panzer General one of my favorite games. My friend has a copy of Panzer and just found allied general, man its hard to find.

To integrate it into civ 4 Bts would be awesome. Let me ask around its a great idea.
Not sure if you can make it so only one unit is in one square. And it would need a hex map. Also they should add the rugged defense outcome, and airfields.

Hey do you play the road to war mod, I want to mod it back to World War one. Add techs and units, like bi-planes, early tanks, and world war one infantry+artillery etc.
Also early subs and dreadnoughts. I think with Dale's combat mod, it would be awesome.

Top Bottom