Panzer "Shafernator" General

Morningcalm

Keeper of Records
Do you really have to build an army of over 100 units in a game in order to get this? The most units I've had in a game so far was 51. =|

It seems to be a pretty daunting task. I guess you could turn on "complete kills" under the special rules, grind the AI down to 1 city, then just spam cheap units out of each city.

Ugh, gross. Does anyone know if those 100 Great Generals and battles won needs to be on one map, or if it's cumulative across multiple games?

I'd imagine on huge maps/slower speeds that it's pretty realistic. Alternatively you can just beat the ai down to 1 city and milk it.

I usually play huge/marathon (but never go lower than large/epic) and the most military units i had was never more than 30ish, and that includes the ships. Upkeep costs would waste you even with autocracy.

Ugh, gross. Does anyone know if those 100 Great Generals and battles won needs to be on one map, or if it's cumulative across multiple games?
The 100 great generals (and obviously the wins) are cumulative across multiple games. The army of 100+ units needs to be done in a single game. I fulfilled the army size portion of the achievement very early on (back when we had logging) in a large map low difficulty game; it's silly and somewhat tedious, but it's certainly the easiest of the 3 requirements. Keep in mind that after you reach the 100 unit mark you can mass disband to get back to a more reasonable (and economical) number of troops.

You can get 100 units on a standard map, but you kind of have to carry the AI. Stomp everyone except the last guy or two and then just pump out mech. If you are loaded you can buy mech from your cities every couple of turns. I haven't got the achievement but I know I had 100 units once (carrying the AI and pumping out units). It will probably turn out to be bugged so I will have to do it again sometime.

Well, to me the last Firaxis scenario with the Vikings (to conquer the British Isles)
is really like the old PG games :)

V. Soma, what's a PG game? I do quite like the Viking scenario, I must say. I found it fairly challenging so far, though not as ungodly and terrifying as the Genghis Khan scenario on Deity. :)

I don't think I can really be stuffed to make an army of over 100 units, but maybe if I'm bored one day I will. They should reduce the number to 50 to make it humanly bearable for people who don't enjoy playing 6 hour slogs.

Do the missiles count towards the acheev? Who here has the achievement already? :O

The called an achievement "Shafernator"??

Ah well. The devs who thought that this would be totally funny were probably the same guys who thought that the GDR would be totally cool ... *sigh*. I hope they make better games once they've grown a little older.

I'd imagine on huge maps/slower speeds that it's pretty realistic. Alternatively you can just beat the ai down to 1 city and milk it.
Or a person could play an entirely peaceful game at quick speed and build over 150 infantry. (Settler, Gandhi, culture win--couldn't afford diplo.)

I don't get why you guys are worried about keeping the AI alive, I've got achievements before using the 'wait just one more turn..' click after I won, I don't see why you can't clear the board and just mass.

I'm at that point right now and am wondering if air units or workers count as 'standing army,' anyone know? Otherwise gonna be kinda messy with units sprawled around cities.

*Nvm read bout missiles, should be ez, the 100 units part that is

*edit to confirm you can build army after killing off all AI, just got it :p

Top Bottom