1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paratroopers after drop can't take cities with only sea and/or air units

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by r_rolo1, Jun 28, 2009.

1. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Title says it all. Grab the WB scenario, play as the Maya, use gunships to clean land unit garrissons, drop a paratrooper near the city and try to take it ASAP. You will only be able to do it when the city is completely empty, with no air or sea units ( should had tested missiles too, but I guess it would be the same )

You will also be able to see battle warnings between Gunships and destroyers or jet fighters as a bonus if you try to attacks the cities with gunships after the land units are killed ;)

I guess this is not exactly what Firaxis had in mind with the paratrooper ..... and already borked my plans in a modern war :(

P.S Used a WB scenario because i wanted to test it both in 3.17 and 3.19. Same results.

P.S 2 Further testing showed that missiles and even work boats or workers will stop the paratrooper. On the other hand invisible units ( like undetected subs ... detected subs work as any other unit ) do not , allowing the city to be captured, as when the city is really empty

Attached Files: