paratroopers -- any good?

soren

The Existentialist
i guess it depends.

they can perform cool operations, and have a long range. they're bad in the offense, however, okay in defense. i only use modern, btw, not rugular. i like builing airfields (new, in conquests), and sending my modern paratrooper there and land them into enemy territory.

Didn't use them too much. Though, in civ2, I abused of them (they work particularly well after a nuclear blast).

"paratroopers -- any good? "

no

Ision

IMO they are one of the most worthless units in the game. I've only built one of them, and that was just to see what it looks like.

paratroopers are crap!

I like to use them. But only when I'm bored and I have a weak civ against me:D

I have never tried them. I hardly ever build air units, and usually just wait until Tanks and ModArm before attacking. They do sound like a good idea, though . . .

Originally posted by RealGoober
I have never tried them. I hardly ever build air units, and usually just wait until Tanks and ModArm before attacking. They do sound like a good idea, though . . .

in conquests, they made the air units a lot more valuable. Now, with two bombings from a stealth bomber, i can take out any unit within it's long range.

Paratoopers aren't that crap at all, bacause they can actually fast operate behind the frontlines of the enemy. Pillage ressorces and fortify on hills or mountains. Therefore they will weaken the counterattack because they bind enemy off-units which otherwise would be thrown against the main attackers of mine. And with airsopport of bombers which will act tactical bombing rather than strategical it works not bad. Nevertheless, they are just to keep the enemy busy untill a REAL army arrives ;)

I will not repeat myself because i have just posted my opinion in C3C thread were i found the same question.However i am convinced that since this issue with the paratroopers (two useless units and not one) has been a topic from the first moment that C3C was released means that this unit defenitely needs an improovement.

I agree with E-Raser.

Paratroopers are not intended to be some Über unit that kills everything it fights. Their use, as was in history, is to land behind the lines and cause havoc. They divert enemy resources from the main attack. I like them but they must be used in great numbers to be effective.

i'd use paratroopers and helos if 1) helos could carry more than one unit and 2) if paratroopers could attack and/or move on they same turn that they drop. because how they are now you have to build a ton of them when attacking because the enemy can move its forces quickly if it has tanks and railroads and it will wipe out all your paratroopers. and to get the reasources real deep inside you need a ton of helos too.

Top Bottom