Parents of 'ex-gay' student threaten lawsuits

If you're defending "the institution of marriage as an act between a man & a woman", then you are "giving a damn what kind of sexual relationship 2 people have"

You can be socially libertarian or socially conservative, you can't be both at the same time.
No Billiam, you're wrong. I am perfectly content not giving a damn who anybody is screwing so long as my wife & children aren't involved.

At the same time I am perfectly capable of seeing how society is breaking down with single moms everywhere, teen moms, and people living off the government because they view being taken care of as an expectation or right instead of accepting accountability for their actions. When I see these things it helps form my opinion that the country was better off with intact family units.

Discretion is the better part of valour. I think he should just put up with it for now, pretend that he's reformed, go for further education (away from home, preferably), graduate and be as gay as a sunflower on a sunny day. Heck, he could even continue to do whatever he wants before becoming fully independent as long as he manages to lie low. That way, he can benefit from his parents' money and do whatever he likes in the end. He can rub it in their faces later too, if he wants.

Smart kids know how to play the game ;)

You are totally correct.

At the same time I am perfectly capable of seeing how society is breaking down with single moms everywhere, teen moms, and people living off the government because they view being taken care of as an expectation or right instead of accepting accountability for their actions. When I see these things it helps form my opinion that the country was better off with intact family units.

And thus, by saying that people are better off with a particular family system, you are caring about the sexual relationships of other people.

And thus, by saying that people are better off with a particular family system, you are caring about the sexual relationships of other people.

Yeah, I guess I'm off base by acknowledging that homosexuality has probably been a part of mankind for time untold while at the same time the traditional family has also been beneficial to western civilization also for time untold.

Yeah, I guess I'm off base by acknowledging that homosexuality has probably been a part of mankind for time untold while at the same time the traditional family has also been beneficial to western civilization also for time untold.

No, you're just contradicting yourself by saying in one sentence that you don't care about sexual relationships people have but in another sentence caring about a certain type of sexual relationship (the sexual relationship leading to the creation of a western nuclear family)

^ Dude, I explained myself clearly. If that's not good enough for you or you think I'm full of it then that's just great. Go get yourself a cookie.

^ Dude, I explained myself clearly. If that's not good enough for you or you think I'm full of it then that's just great. Go get yourself a cookie.

Hey, if you like contradicting yourself within the same sentence and looking foolish in the process, that's fine with me. I'm just pointing it out.

Hey, if you like contradicting yourself within the same sentence and looking foolish in the process, that's fine with me. I'm just pointing it out.

Bill3000 thinks I'm looking foolish.......................OOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Bill3000 thinks I'm looking foolish.......................OOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOO! :lol:

If a person said that he supports freedom of speech while in the same breath says that he supports the banning of a political party merely because it is offensive, he would be contradicting himself and look foolish. This is the same type of thing.

Drawing a line and allowing your child to make a decision isnt punishment. Its actually empowering them.
What an absurd thing to say :lol: :lol: You gotta be more subtle with your outrageous statements if you want people to rise to them. You're losing your touch, Mobby ;)

I think in this day and age most people agree that sexuality isn't a decision; it would be like beating your child for being black

The parents love their child so much that they'll willingly threaten to detroy his medical career, make a few yars of his life a waste (studying a subject for which he then will not qualify) and kick him out on the streets penniless in a recession.
As an alternative, they tell him that he can go to a torture camp where they will attempt to change who he is so that he conforms with their idiotic notions of morality.

Of course it's their money. Just because they are legally entitled not to support their son doesn't make such coercion right, and nor does it stop it being coercion.
To abuse such power over someone in order to change something that can't be changed but you don't like about him is very directly telling this person that you are a bigot who can't stretch his Christian love of his neighbour to the whole of humanity, despite Jesus' teaching.

It's like telling your child to go to a torture camp where they'll bully you into having pale skin instead of dark skin, as Flying Pig says.

cant say i sympathize with the kid ,he chose to go, he could have went and lived with his boy friend and taken a student loan, hes 23 so im assuming he should be almost done with undergrad education, so he wouldnt have had to borrow to much money. but he chose to go to that ex-gay camp so that mommy and daddy wouldnt cut him off, we are always free to choose(except, when you have a gun pointed to your head) . also i lold when i read this: "In the tearful phone call, Faulkner described the "hateful" things he had been told about his homosexuality and described being made to read Bible passages." hes crying because they called him names and made him read the bible? seriously, the only thing the parents are guilty of is not teaching their kid maturity and responsibility

Go for it. Your cash, do what you want with it.
So can I pay to have other peoples' kids made gay?

They dont have gay people in the UK...?
Oh of course we do, in fact we legalised gay marriage, and the satanic hordes of sodomites, rapists and Miley Cyrus fans have not overruns us, and we are still the seat of the Anglican church.

What I meant is there is no way this would work, as my kid would be getting cash from the government anyways, and if I cut them off, the government would just give them large sums of money, and write off their educational debts.

What you do with your money is your business.
Not really, no.

From hiring hitmen, to insider trading, to inhertiance, all of those are goverend by legislation.

What I meant is there is no way this would work, as my kid would be getting cash from the government anyways, and if I cut them off, the government would just give them large sums of money, and write off their educational debts.
If you cut your child off here he would get nothing. The government holds parents responsible for their children's university costs. If the parents won't pay then the government assumes that the child doesn't want to go.

It's an asinine system forced on us by the expansion of university places and the consequent abolition of student grants.

If you cut your child off here he would get nothing. The government holds parents responsible for their children's university costs. If the parents won't pay then the government assumes that the child doesn't want to go.

It's an asinine system forced on us by the expansion of university places and the consequent abolition of student grants.

We have bursaries, I beleive, and if a student finds himself in a position where he cant support himself, I think the loan can be transferred to a grant of a higher value.

At least that's what I understand, as it's all means-tested these days.

We have bursaries, I beleive, and if a student finds himself in a position where he cant support himself, I think the loan can be transferred to a grant of a higher value.

At least that's what I understand, as it's all means-tested these days.

But the government doesn't take students on their own. If the family has money then the student is expected to pay without government support.
There is no means-testing of students: just parents.

But the government doesn't take students on their own. If the family has money then the student is expected to pay without government support.
There is no means-testing of students: just parents.

Yeah, that's true. I wonder what the process for orphans or disowned children is? :confused:

What an absurd thing to say :lol: :lol: You gotta be more subtle with your outrageous statements if you want people to rise to them. You're losing your touch, Mobby ;)

Thats not absurd at all, and in fact its much better than not giving the kid a choice at all.

Try raising a few kids to adulthood first....it might alter your perception a bit.

So can I pay to have other peoples' kids made gay?

If its within the confines of the law. As I said, go for it. Its your money, flush it if you want.

Oh of course we do, in fact we legalised gay marriage

Correction. You legalized gay civil unions. The law in the UK specifically seperates the two.

and the satanic hordes of sodomites, rapists and Miley Cyrus fans have not overruns us, and we are still the seat of the Anglican church.

Yeah, you used to be an empire too.

Oh well. I guess you will just have to try harder at it then.

Top Bottom