Paris Hilton is out of jail !?!

Yes we do put people in jail in violation of probation for the first offence when that primary charge was drunk driving. At least they do around here.

In LA County it is typically a few days in jail (at most) before they are released - regardless of what the court orderd sentence is.

This thread is a waste of Space, Time and Braincells . Unfortunately it's a very small portion of Global addiction(masturbation i call it) to Celebrities.

Yep. She's back in jail.

I can't get the relevent websites up in China for some reason (yes none of them :mad: ), but I believe that Bugfatty's photo was taken by Nick Ut, the same guy that in 1972 took the awful photo of the 9 year old girl covered in napalm running from US bombing.

I'm having to paste a web address without seeing the site but here goes anyway:

http://jezebel.com/gossip/portraits-of-grief/paris-hilton-the-kim-phuc-of-2007-267394.php

Can anyone verify that it's the same guy? If so it's amazing that Paris Hilton's as upset as the little Vietnamese girl was. Pull yourself together Paris. :sad:

Headline: "Paris surrenders" :(

PS that woman in the front is definitely smiling!

Xenocrates said:
I can't get the relevent websites up in China for some reason (yes none of them ), but I believe that Bugfatty's photo was taken by Nick Ut, the same guy that in 1972 took the awful photo of the 9 year old girl covered in napalm running from US bombing.

CNN said the same thing yesterday, but your link now has an update:

Xeno's link said:
**Update: We're being informed that top photo of Paris was taken not by Nick Ut but by Carl Larson of INF; Nick Ut of the Associated Press is responsible for the below

Xenocrates said:

When you first said that I thought so too at first glance, but upon taking a closer look, the tree leaves' reflection makes it too hard to tell.

Headline: "Paris surrenders"

Good for her. Best thing for her really. But, I bet her attorneys will file an appeal on Monday and she will be released again until the appeal is completed. Sitting in jail this weekend will add few more days towards her 'time served'....I'm sure she wishes she could do the entire term doing only 2 or 3 days at a time, so she can go back to her mansion and eat her cupcakes and get her tans every few days.

She needs to sit for a couple/few weeks to have her hit rock bottom and hopefully that will make her re-evaluate her choices in life and turn her life around for the better, realizing that mommy's and daddy's money can't solve everything. She isn't facing the reality of the potential her drunk driving could have done by serving her time in her mansion and having cupcakes and pizza delivered to her and having a tanning agency come to her house and give her a tan.

Of course, there is the possibility that she will view this as such an 'unfair treatment'* and come out of the ordeal worse off "I sat in that craphole for x days, so now that I am out, I DESERVE to party and be reckless with my life, because that is exactly what they don't want, so I am going to stick it to them by doing the exact opposite of what they want me to do!" At least that was the attitude of the girl I knew.

*They sometimes view the sentence as 'unfair' because they aren't looking at from the perspective of the original crime (drunk driving), but the secondary crime (probation violation such as driving without a license, drinking, etc.). The criminal sometimes views it as they already got punished for the drunk driving, and they are being given the sentence for the minor thing they did after that. When in reality it is because she didn't follow her agreement (she gets out of jail if she follows the rules), so all that happens is the agreement is cancelled because of her actions, so she is getting what she should have got the first time (jail time).

Hilton tells lawyers: Don't appeal sentence

POSTED: 10:04 p.m. EDT, June 9, 2007
Story Highlights
• NEW: Statement: I have learned a bitter, important lesson
• NEW: Press should focus on more important stories, she says
• Hilton hasn't eaten or slept since return to jail, Web site reports
• Socialite, 26, receiving psychotropic medication, Web site says

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Heiress and entrepreneur Paris Hilton said Saturday she has directed her attorneys not to appeal a judge's Friday decision sending her back to jail following her brief release on home detention.

"Today, I told my attorneys not to appeal the judge's decision," Hilton said in a statement posted on TMZ.com. "While I greatly appreciate the sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, after meeting with doctors I intend to serve my time as ordered by the judge."

TMZ.com reported Saturday afternoon that Hilton had not eaten or slept since returning to jail and was being given "psychotropic medication."

On Friday, Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer sent Hilton back to jail for violating terms of her probation from a 2006 alcohol-related reckless driving conviction. (Full story)

Hilton initially reported to the jail just after midnight Sunday and was released early Thursday to home detention with electronic monitoring because of an unspecified medical condition.

Hilton was led out of the courtroom wailing after Sauer ordered her back to jail. (Watch the media mayhem surrounding Hilton )

"This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done," she said in her Saturday statement. "During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to reflect, and have already learned a bitter, but important lesson from this experience."

It was not immediately clear how many days Hilton will serve. She initially was sentenced to 45 days in jail, which would automatically have been reduced to 23 days if she exhibited good behavior. Her home detention was to have been 40 days, as by the sheriff's department calculations, she served five days in jail.

When Sauer originally sentenced Hilton, he specified that she was not to serve her sentence on home detention.

Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo filed a motion Thursday asking Sauer to order Hilton returned to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynnwood, California. Delgadillo said if Hilton were truly ill, it should have fallen to Sauer to release her.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, who was responsible for deciding to release her to home confinement, told reporters Friday night, "The purpose of the release was the fact that her medical condition was deteriorating."

He did not elaborate except to say, "she was not taking a particular medication when she was in our custody, and thus her inexplicable deterioration [became] a great concern."

Sauer said Friday he never received information about a medical problem and had not changed his sentence.

"As I have said before, I hope others will learn from my mistake," Hilton said Saturday. "I have also had time to read the mail from my fans. I very much appreciate all of their good wishes and hope they will keep their letters coming."

Hilton's experience in the justice system quickly became fodder for debate over fairness and the treatment of celebrities, with some legal analysts arguing that her punishment was unusually harsh, but that her quick release to home confinement under such circumstances was unusual as well.

"I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials," Hilton said in the Saturday statement.

"I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world."

Oops, I guess she won't appeal. I will still wait until mid-week before I believe it. She may change her mind after a few days.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/09/paris.hilton/index.html

Upon further review, by pasting the picture into Photoshop and zooming in, since I have nothing better to do tonight, she is not smiling but merely talking into a cell phone. Though for a cop, she's fairly decent looking.

I just wish this whole thing would go away. Not that I expected better, but when I woke up from a nap with Geraldo Rivera introducing his special Paris Hilton edition of his paparazzi show on Fox News, I couldn't find the remote fast enough.

(Looking at Bamspeedy's article)...They're calling her an "entrepreneur" now?

I'd say fake since none of the other news sources are reporting that yet, and that (unusually long) link has 'macksfoto' in the link which none of the other links on abc news has.

Edit:
When I click on 'e-mail', I get a form to forward the article, I get http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1942069.htm as the link for the story (Paris goes to jail) that was linked to it, so I think this was a case of a hacker/jokester.

I was not suprised at all when this happened. It seems celebrities have a way of avoiding jail time or drasticly reducing it. But 3 days? Sheesh...

I was not suprised at all when this happened. It seems celebrities have a way of avoiding jail time or drasticly reducing it. But 3 days? Sheesh...
That's the max that a non-celebrity would likely have served in jail in LA County for the exact same series of offenses.

Top Bottom