1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Hilton is out of jail !?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skadistic, Jun 7, 2007.

1. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

In LA County it is typically a few days in jail (at most) before they are released - regardless of what the court orderd sentence is.

2. scy12

scy12 Deity

This thread is a waste of Space, Time and Braincells . Unfortunately it's a very small portion of Global addiction(masturbation i call it) to Celebrities.

3. Volum

Volum The Zapper

Paris Hilton in many ways can be compared to the Eurovision song contest, everybody hates it but still pay attention.

4. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

^^

Quoted for truth. That sentence is signature-quality! :goodjob:

5. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

guess where i put that quote... :p

6. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

I can't get the relevent websites up in China for some reason (yes none of them :mad: ), but I believe that Bugfatty's photo was taken by Nick Ut, the same guy that in 1972 took the awful photo of the 9 year old girl covered in napalm running from US bombing.

I'm having to paste a web address without seeing the site but here goes anyway:

http://jezebel.com/gossip/portraits-of-grief/paris-hilton-the-kim-phuc-of-2007-267394.php

Can anyone verify that it's the same guy? If so it's amazing that Paris Hilton's as upset as the little Vietnamese girl was. Pull yourself together Paris. :sad:

Headline: "Paris surrenders" :(

PS that woman in the front is definitely smiling!

7. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

CNN said the same thing yesterday, but your link now has an update:

When you first said that I thought so too at first glance, but upon taking a closer look, the tree leaves' reflection makes it too hard to tell.

Good for her. Best thing for her really. But, I bet her attorneys will file an appeal on Monday and she will be released again until the appeal is completed. Sitting in jail this weekend will add few more days towards her 'time served'....I'm sure she wishes she could do the entire term doing only 2 or 3 days at a time, so she can go back to her mansion and eat her cupcakes and get her tans every few days.

She needs to sit for a couple/few weeks to have her hit rock bottom and hopefully that will make her re-evaluate her choices in life and turn her life around for the better, realizing that mommy's and daddy's money can't solve everything. She isn't facing the reality of the potential her drunk driving could have done by serving her time in her mansion and having cupcakes and pizza delivered to her and having a tanning agency come to her house and give her a tan.

Of course, there is the possibility that she will view this as such an 'unfair treatment'* and come out of the ordeal worse off "I sat in that craphole for x days, so now that I am out, I DESERVE to party and be reckless with my life, because that is exactly what they don't want, so I am going to stick it to them by doing the exact opposite of what they want me to do!" At least that was the attitude of the girl I knew.

*They sometimes view the sentence as 'unfair' because they aren't looking at from the perspective of the original crime (drunk driving), but the secondary crime (probation violation such as driving without a license, drinking, etc.). The criminal sometimes views it as they already got punished for the drunk driving, and they are being given the sentence for the minor thing they did after that. When in reality it is because she didn't follow her agreement (she gets out of jail if she follows the rules), so all that happens is the agreement is cancelled because of her actions, so she is getting what she should have got the first time (jail time).

8. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

Oops, I guess she won't appeal. I will still wait until mid-week before I believe it. She may change her mind after a few days.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/09/paris.hilton/index.html

9. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

I never thought she was appealing anyway :lol:

10. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

Upon further review, by pasting the picture into Photoshop and zooming in, since I have nothing better to do tonight, she is not smiling but merely talking into a cell phone. Though for a cop, she's fairly decent looking.

I just wish this whole thing would go away. Not that I expected better, but when I woke up from a nap with Geraldo Rivera introducing his special Paris Hilton edition of his paparazzi show on Fox News, I couldn't find the remote fast enough.

(Looking at Bamspeedy's article)...They're calling her an "entrepreneur" now?

11. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2100913,00.html
    :vomit:

The tale of the prodigal Paris. If the bible is ever rewritten this story should be there.

12. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

13. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

Because I have no life, I overheard Dan Abrams on Scarborough Country saying "Fine, let her go now and we'll watch how well she sticks to that."

14. weedend

weedend Chieftain

15. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

I'd say fake since none of the other news sources are reporting that yet, and that (unusually long) link has 'macksfoto' in the link which none of the other links on abc news has.

Edit:
    When I click on 'e-mail', I get a form to forward the article, I get http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1942069.htm as the link for the story (Paris goes to jail) that was linked to it, so I think this was a case of a hacker/jokester.

16. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

17. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

I was not suprised at all when this happened. It seems celebrities have a way of avoiding jail time or drasticly reducing it. But 3 days? Sheesh...

18. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

That's the max that a non-celebrity would likely have served in jail in LA County for the exact same series of offenses.