Paris Hilton is out of jail !?!

And JollyRoger somehow makes this a partisan argument...

Anyway, this is a travesty. No other word for it.

Its our own fault. We as a society choose to give celebrities god-like status with immunities.

Its our own fault. We as a society choose to give celebrities god-like status with immunities.
precisely...

Bloody celebraties...this is why I hate celebraties...now you see. They think that just because their overpiad, oversexed, overhyped bastards that they can do whatever the hell they want and that the laws don't apply to them. WTF!! Bloody celebraties they have no talent, no abality, no intelligence and they don't have anything going for them except their looks and their money which they don't deserve and they didn't earn. Their all arrogant stuck up bastards who deserve to drowned in a toilet urinal for being so stuck up and arrognt. WTF is their problem? Bloody celebraties they think their so great don't they? I hate them, and the stupid pseudo-superifical socieity that holds them up on these stupid altars because the stupid average person is so stupid they need some other stupid person to worship otherwise their stupid brain will die. Bloody hell. Bloody Paris Hilton. Bloody celebraties. Bloody society.

And JollyRoger somehow makes this a partisan argument...

Anyway, what a joke this is, confined to her house? Works great if you live in a three bedroom apartment, not when you live in a freaking mansion.

MSNBC called her an "actress". Without quotation marks. There goes their credibility...

amazing..isn't it...

but more amazing how hordes of people actually bother to watch and read all the rubbish that she creates

Yeah, I'm embarrassed that I clicked this thread, too.

So that we can come together and hate them for it. :crazyeye:

Anyway, what a joke this is, confined to her house? Works great if you live in a three bedroom apartment, not when you live in a freaking mansion.
If you want house arrest in a mansion, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get yourself a mansion. It's not Paris' fault that her house confinement works out better than somebody sentenced to house arrest in a small apartment. This newfound hatred of the rich coming for certain circles in amusing.

If you want house arrest in a mansion, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get yourself a mansion. It's not Paris' fault that her house confinement works out better than somebody sentenced to house arrest in a small apartment. This newfound hatred of the rich coming for certain circles in amusing.

I think the problem is her getting house confinement, not that her house happens to be a mansion.

No, it's hate for the rich who get a free pass because they are rich/famous.

No, it's hate for the rich who get a free pass because they are rich/famous.
She didn't get a free pass. She likely paid a lawyer quite a bit to get her the best result that the legal system could provide, just as she likely pays a steep price for other luxuries.

I think the problem is her getting house confinement, not that her house happens to be a mansion.
House confinement is a not uncommon remedy in the U.S. legal system. Even average Joe's get it, just not as often because they can afford the best legal representation. Same concept as the average Joe not driving a high end car or living in a mansion.

JollyRoger, are you sure you're not Paris Hilton in disguise...why do you defend this travesty?

What house arrest is not uncommon??? She had to spend a few days in prison and gets away almost scott free after a mere 3 nights, that's the ridiculous thing we're talking about.

Celebrities like her think they are entitled to do whatever they want and this farce just reinforces their view. Shambles

She didn't get a free pass. She likely paid a lawyer quite a bit to get her the best result that the legal system could provide, just as she likely pays a steep price for other luxuries.

She didn't go to jail becuase she is famous and/or becuase her daddy is rich, end of story. That is a free pass.

I do not hate the rich, I hate the rich criminals.

Wow looks like we have a full blown class war going on in here. I don't think we should even bother clogging up the legal system with rich people. THey generally just get off and it uses up scarce resources that could be better spent putting poor minorities in jail.

Justice is supposed to be blind though isn't she?
Is the best result that she paid for the just result?

JollyRoger, are you sure you're not Paris Hilton in disguise...why do you defend this travesty?

What house arrest is not uncommon??? She had to spend a few days in prison and gets away almost scott free after a mere 3 nights, that's the ridiculous thing we're talking about.

Celebrities like her think they are entitled to do whatever they want and this farce just reinforces their view. Shambles
I'm just trying to see if I garner any support for my arguments in this thread since they are analogous to arguments made by some posters posting against me this very thread when the topic is slightly different. Paris using her financial resources to get a lawyer to get her a good deal would seem to be an ok result based on their arguments presented in other threads and I am merely seeing if any of them are willing to back me in making their arguments in this case.

Top Bottom