Paris Hilton is out of jail !?!

Yeah, OJ is, arguably, a murderer, Paris just drove drunk. But that is not the point I was making. Both of them are rich and famous and both of them elude prison.

We, mere mortals, won't be that lucky.

(And some people are been sarcastic to the point that It is difficult to know whether they are supporting the sentence or not)

I don't see what lawyers should have to do with it - she's already been sentenced, the case with the courts is over. Surely there are all sorts of issues prisons have to deal with - early release, whether they get put in solitary confinement, any privileges they do or don't get - I didn't think any of these were debated by lawyers and a jodge, instead of the prison officials?

I bet they figured the liability of holding her was too high in case another inmate tried to hurt her.

Speaking of OJ, someone should tell him that there is another dumb blond whore that needs his "personal" attention.

Moderator Action: Not really an appropriate comment.

Oh man, I'm watching MSMBC now. They are showing what happen to real people who claim "medical condition"

Oh, it's good.

Wait hold the presses!!

An L.A. district attorney is filing a motion to put her back in jail. Her butt may be back in soon.:crazyeye:

yea, whats the deal with all that? The courts give her jail time, but the Sheriff can over rule that and just send her home?

When did the sentencing at court become be optional?

This has more to do with WHERE she was tried and jailed than being rich or having good lawyers.

Everybody knows that celebrities run California and LA and they have always been treated above the law there.

u guys are overeacting, who reeally cares, how much has this honestly affected your lives?

u guys are overeacting, who reeally cares, how much has this honestly affected your lives?
what kind of argument is this? Even if she would have killed someone and set free, we could argue that way...since she wouldn't have killed me personally...Hitler also didn't affect you personally, so you shouldn't get upset about what he did. I know that comparison is extreme, but your point is not valid.

It's about fairness in this system of justice. And obviously, not everyone is treated the same and that bugs some of us, including myself.

Ah it was a mistake to put her in jail in the first place, everyone knows that rich people don't commit crimes.

Facts? Don't give me that rubbish

what kind of argument is this? Even if she would have killed someone and set free, we could argue that way...since she wouldn't have killed me personally...Hitler also didn't affect you personally, so you shouldn't get upset about what he did. I know that comparison is extreme, but your point is not valid.

It's about fairness in this system of justice. And obviously, not everyone is treated the same and that bugs some of us, including myself.[/QUOTE

I respect the people who fought in died in WWII, but I really dont give a damn about what hitler got away with.

Im sorry for all the people who dont get to live comfy on house arrest, but I really dont give a damn about paris hilton.

Im sorry for all the people who dont get to live comfy on house arrest, but I really dont give a damn about paris hilton.

The problem is, she's setting a precedent. If it is allowed, other DUI offenders are going to want the same thing and use Hilton's case as an argument.

How is that a surprise? She had the Best lawyers. If she paid them tons of dollars it was precisely because they were the best. Rich can afford the best of every thing including Justice. Is that "fair"? no. Can we have better system? I don't think so. It like Democracy, the worst of all political systems, except for others (????)

It like Democracy, the worst of all political systems, except for others (????)

"Some say that Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried."

Quite true, actually, if you equate democracy with capitalism. It doesn't necessarily follow, but it has similar ideological leanings.

Top Bottom