1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Hilton is out of jail !?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skadistic, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

It sure is a rich white man's world.

2. White Elk

White Elk 99 > 1

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

3. HannibalBarka

HannibalBarka We are Free

That was the quote I was thinking about, thanks.

4. dante alighieri

dante alighieri Warlord

You wanna try using some periods, commas and semi-colons, there cowboy? That was almost too incomprehensible to read. I haven't seen these posts against you, so you'd have to actually point me to them. What I have seen is posts by you that seem to have no other purpose but to start a flame war. Her lawyer didn't get her out of jail, her money did. The case was over and the sentence had passed. So your argument falls apart before it begins.

Moderator Action: We don't appreciate grammar-police here

Sorry, moderator. In the future I'll refrain from commenting about posts that are hard to read.

5. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Lawyers didn't get her out of jail.

Apparently the sheriff took pity on her and let her go despite the fact that the judge said "No early release. Period"

He violated the judge's orders which is something the sheriff will have to answer for which he will today sometime.

6. ThERat

ThERat Deity

guys just because rich people are usually at a big advantage and increasingly so, we should not condemn western democracy so fast.

Sometimes it takes one to experience a different system to realize, how precious democracy really is. Here in Singapore it's the power of one...a one party country, no independent press, jurisdiction a farce, labour union has a minister as the head...and I can tell you it is absolutely terrible...at work you should never say anything about the government since spies are everywhere. It reminds me much of communist east Germany but with a model of a free market...as free as it gets...

I really started to treasure our western system where we could stage demonstrations, where we could oppose policies and find a press willing to voice it out. Where we could call our president a liar without being thrown to jail. Where we could even talk back to our boss...Guys, don't belittle the western democracy so much. But keep up defending the pillars of it. And one is a somewhat fair legal system...

7. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Wow, that's pretty rough treatment. I'm surprised she was able to handle it as long as she did. :rolleyes:

8. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

I would have guessed that too, figuring with all of her partying. You'd be surprised at the sympathy act addicts can put on.

I knew a girl who wasn't rich, but because she was a single mother continually made a mockery of the court system by playing the sympathy card so she could continue her drug partying ways. She got arrested and then released the next day and three days later gets back in jail. In jail for a few days and then released only to go back to jail a week later. Released again so yet again a week later she was back. Got put on the bracelet, so she cuts it off and flees. Turned herself in a few months later and they finally threw the book at her because she had all 4 of those cases combined on the same court date (all those crimes were also bail-jumpings because she had been released on signature bonds until her court date, so she had 12+ bail jumping charges added). Sat 3 months then released on the bracelet (why? she already fled before!) and put on probation, so she cuts the bracelet off again (big surprise).

9. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

It's like he's learning from CartesianFart.

10. Urederra

Urederra Mostly harmless

*cough* O.J. Simpson. *cough*

11. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

One exception doth not maketh the ruleth.

12. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

OJ is not white, and Paris Hilton is not a man. I'd edit your statement to say "It sure is a rich person's world."

13. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

So the judge ordered Paris to show up in court after she was going to call in today. Poop is about to hit the fan I think. She will be in jail by the end of today.

14. Chaos_BF1942

Chaos_BF1942 Prince

Also the Sheriff could be in deep trouble. In Contempt of court I think.

15. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Yep, it's pretty common for an activist judge to interfere with law enforcement.

16. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

You mean an activist sheriff to disregard a judges direct lawful order?

17. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Sure, if you want to side with judges over law enforcement.

18. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

Yes I'll side with the judges lawful order that she really do jail time over the sheriff who let her go for "medical reasons". Are really that clueless about the case or just playing dumb?

19. Phlegmak

Phlegmak Deity

You know, you are setting this thread on fire with these sorts of statements. :lol:

20. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

In case you haven't read the full story, the sherrif went against the judges statement, therefore the possible contempt of court charge.