1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Hilton is out of jail !?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skadistic, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Am I the only one that started laughing?

2. dante alighieri

dante alighieri Warlord

Nope. I laughed too. A lot of twits have entertained me today. Hopefully they won't bother to PM me about it again.

3. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

When's the parade?

4. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

Oh god :lol: . I think she just learned her own personal lessen about eating cake. (Yes, I know the princess likely never said that quote)

And the other site i go to a lot, is nothing but making fun or her cry. It's just mean,.....:)

5. useless

useless Social Justice Rogue

and this is more importent then dying, starving africans and the g8 summit. this disgusts me. you whore, paris hilton.

6. CamBot

CamBot I lurk, therefore I am..

I don't normally care about these kinds of things either, and I don't derive any joy from her misfortune.

But, for once, the system worked. They tried to weasel her out of jail and the judge, furious by most accounts, ordered her right back to the pokey. If I violated probation several times, my buttocks would be in county for at least 2-3 months.

7. useless

yes but is it really THAT importent? and the answer is no. and we all know she got preferential treatment because shes rich.

8. C~G

C~G Untouchable

It's not actually her fault that people are so interested about her.
    The judge :goodjob:

9. useless

i mean, yes god FORBID paris hilton goes out of her way to make people NOTICE her by INVITING camera crews to watch her EVERY move.

10. Hitro

Hitro Feistus Raclettus

No. Doesn't make her any less of a stupid whore, though. Just makes loads of people stupid idiots, too.

11. JollyRoger

It cuts both ways. She got hauled back before the judge because she was rich and famous. Let's say that a non-famous inmate was transfered, at the sheriif's discretion, to house arrest for medical reasons. Do you think anybody would have noticed? No, in all likelihood, the person would have served out their 40 days days at home.

12. useless

no, no one would'e noticed. however paris hilton would be. because she always makes a show of it.

13. Mango

Mango Tasty Fruit

This is also true.

She got a really good deal to begin with, getting 23 days in prison. She should never have been on parole for reckless driving under the influence anyway, as that is a mandatory jail sentence. But yeah, it does go both ways. Normal people get moved out of jail for non-violent crimes all the time. Prisons are overcrowded enough to begin with, so many people end up serving time on house arrest when jail sentences are mandated. It's all a question of whether they are risks to flea, and technically Paris Hilton would fall under the low risk profile (as would any other major celebrity).

14. nivi

nivi Call me Ishmael

No, but today everyone posted (that includes you, BTW) more about her then on starving africans and the g8 summtit.

She likes attention, sue her.

Edit: Oh yeah, nearly forgot, WOHOO shes back in jail.

15. Ball Lightning

Ball Lightning www.sporedum.net

16. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

wow this is a bad system! so if you're sentenced to 15 years of prison you can get out of jail if your best friend is the sherrif?

or if he'll accept that 3 millions in exchange of your liberty?

I know its Paris Hilton but I view this has really more deep than a soap opera or a comedy. Its not funny at all, i'm pissed at artists. If I were an american I wouldnt be proud of my system right now!

In fact next time I get a great artist in Civ i'll kill him!

17. Xenocrates

Xenocrates Deity

What's the connection between a great artist and Paris Hilton? :confused:

Mob rule FTW :lol:

18. JollyRoger

Actually if you go to jail in Los Angeles County on a probation violation resulting from a driving offense, then you can generally get out in less than 10% of your days sentenced with good behaviou. Looks like Ms. Hilton is getting worse treatment than the average Joe.

Also a 40+ day sentence for such a probation violation is more excessive than is usually passed down in similar cases. Looks like an activist Judge to me.

19. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

And dumb ass Geraldo whining about it also. Saying she's being singled because she famous. "No one ever got a jail sentence for drunk driving!"

It seems the only people who don't like this are other celebrities. Their supremacy is being challenged!:eek:

20. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

wow! only 40 days for driving drunk?! what a chance you have the 3 strikes law!