1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Partisans. Are you freaking kidding me?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Helmling, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

2. Sykes179

Sykes179 Chieftain

This is what makes the game so great. Many different ways to play and enjoy and win!

civxander, KnightModern and Victoria like this.
  3. ferenginar

ferenginar Grand Nagus

Well, you learn something every day. I have been wondering why I get spammed with partisans, but am rarely able to create them elsewhere.

4. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

...yeah. But not like how Civ implements it. It’s not an uprising - just random babarians, armed with tanks, spawning from... your suburbs...?

It’d make more sense to reflect “foreign powers trigger uprisings” via spies hurting loyalty and or happiness. Although, relatedly, unhappiness causing random barbarians is equally stupid.

Man, I really want to like Neighbourhoods. Housing. Another reason to value appeal. Another district to boost district adjacency or work with cards that give bonuses based on district numbers.

But no. They suck. Like Military Engineers and Forts and Ancient Walls - just build them for the eureka. Hopefully GS took a hard look at these too.

5. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Could be represented by declining Loyalty. Raising heavily armed partisans from a fully loyal city always struck me as weird, but hitting a city that's got mixed loyalty, that seems okay to me.

Anyway, my approach to neutralizing partisans to place two units (Tanks or Infantry) beside any Neighbourhood I build, and station a plane overhead. And I'm usually a Democracy. :crazyeye:

6. Slip de Garcon

Slip de Garcon Warlord

I'm with Victoria - I never build neighbourhoods, almost exclusively because of partisans.

7. civxander

civxander Chieftain

I had this experience twice. Its hard to handle and a great weapon. After all i thought, that it is great fun and it makes the game more exciting.

So always be aware an have some counter spies.

8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Now that I think about this, it becomes even more hilarious.

As long as your people are all living in your downtown core, or on farms, you're fine. But as soon as they move into the suburbs, you need to put armed guards around them to keep an eye on them at all times. :lol:

acluewithout likes this.
  9. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

They are great spy traps.

10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Exactly. Just silly.

I think a better approach would be for Neighbour and Campuses to make it easier for foreign spies to run missions in those cities, representing those cities being more “open”. Yiu could maybe have encampments then making spy missions a little harder. Then, instead of raise partisans, give spies a Mission which lets them reduce happiness and or loyalty.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  11. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Spies can already reduce loyalty with the foment unrest mission. And remove governors.

CPWimmer likes this.
  12. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

But they don't really do that either, unless you're aiming for pop 35+

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018