Passable Mountains

Passable Mountains 0.1

I like the idea. But the consequence of setting the movement points to 5 is that late game tanks (with 5 movement points) can cross mountains and infantry cannot, correct?

No. Units with less total movement can still enter tiles that cost more (a warrior can cross a river even thought it costs 3) but they have to spend their entire movement on this move (they can't move one tile on flat land then cross the river). So basically with 5 move point cost, every unit will have to stop next to the mountain, then spend an entire turn moving to any mountain tile.

not working here /:
Hmm, strange.
Could you explain the steps you took to install it?

Oh, and of course, make sure you don't have edited the core files yourself, as that might be interfering.

At least, if you edited the terrains.xml.

Just extract to the mod area.. i already installed alot of modes .. evry unit should move on now on mountains?

No. Units with less total movement can still enter tiles that cost more (a warrior can cross a river even thought it costs 3) but they have to spend their entire movement on this move (they can't move one tile on flat land then cross the river). So basically with 5 move point cost, every unit will have to stop next to the mountain, then spend an entire turn moving to any mountain tile.

That's quite brilliant. :goodjob:

Wouldn't it be better to set the movement cost even higher, forcing all units to stop? Moving through mountains should be difficult for everyone.

I guess you can change this manually?

Wouldn't it be better to set the movement cost even higher, forcing all units to stop? Moving through mountains should be difficult for everyone.

I guess you can change this manually?
Yup, that's actually rather easy to adjust.
Download and install the mod.

Then go into the mods folder and into the passable mountains folder. Open PassableMountains_Data.xml and change the MovementCost property of all the five mountain types to what you want.

Top Bottom