1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Passable mountains

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by stachnie, Jan 27, 2020.

1. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

The only civ which may pass and found cities on Mountains are Incas. I think it may be justified game-wise but this is highly unrealistic. I think a better solution would be to make it to work like in Civ IV - Caveman2Cosmos: there are a tech (Mountaineering?) and a promotion which make it possible to pass mountains and place improvements on them and there is some other tech which makes it possible to found a city on a mountain. So my suggestions are:

- Incas have an immediate, full access to mountains (maybe they should get some extra bonus)

- some tech from late Renaissance makes it possible to enter and place improvements on mountains (road/railroad, mine/quarry) for the other civs

- some tech from early Industrial Era makes it possible to found cities on mountains for the other civs

- mountains may contain resources and bonuses.

In this way after some tech all land tiles may be fully usable for all civs.

S.

2. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Check my mod, grants Workers and Settlers the ability to cross mountains at Dynamite. Workers can build Road/Rail, allowing other units to move onto the tile, and Settlers can settle cities on mountains.

3. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Can't workers move onto mountains at some point (same tech as movement through ice)? They then build roads and everyone can move over roads.

Did this get removed?

cerk likes this.
  4. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

@HungryForFood: Dynamite sounds nice, thanks a lot. @Rekk: I don't know, I have never passed the Industrial era (usually I go for a Domination).