Past, Present, Futures

Martimus

Aggressive Tactician
:bts:Welcome to Past, Present, Futures!:bts:
I have made this mod for one reason only, to improve the overall expierence of Civilization IV players! I am willing and ready to accept any reccomandetions. However, this is my very first mod, so don't expect it to be too extreme. Basically, this is what makes up my mod:
Spoiler :
-6 New Civilizations (And 10 More Coming Up!)
-Higher Technology Costs (For Longer Expierences In Each Era!)
-Almost All Units Have More Moves (For Better Combat And Strategy Expierence!)
-New Main Menu Music
-The Ability To Play With Up To 50 Civilizations At One Time
-A Shortcut to the Mod in the BTS Mods Folder
-A 50 Civ Playable World Map (Any Civlizations of Your Choice!)

P.S.
Please post any recomandations, problems, or otherwise on this forum!
Credits:
Spoiler :
-cybrxkhan for civilizations, UUs, UBs, Flag Decals, etc.
Note: Couldn't have done this without you and your Civ of the Week and World of Legends Mods!
-Esnaz for the civ Israel, the UU, UBs, Flag Decals, etc. for Israel
Note: Thanks man!
-Farsight for his Brazil civ, UU, UB, etc. for Brazil
Note: That is one bad**** leaderhead!
-Nitram15 for his Ruga leaderhead, which I am using for Ateas, King of Scythia
Note: I love that leaderhead! I know it may look to steppeish for Ateas, but it's still awesome!
Last, But Certainly Not Least...The J!
First of all, thank you for the engine so my mod can run 50 civs at once.
Also, thanks for all the help and support while I was making my first mod!

Here is the link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18095
Enjoy!
-Martimus
P.S. This mod is only available in English
WARNING: THIS MOD DOES NOT WORK ON A MACINTOSH COMPUTER
Unless you follow the following steps:
1)Throw you mac out the nearest window.
2)Get a PC.:)

Here they are!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 496
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 835
  • Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 905
Version 1.1 Plans
-New UB Graphics and Button for Scythia
-New UU Graphics and Button for Scythia
-5-10 New Civilizations:
Kongolese,Poland,Polynesia,Pueblos,Siberia,Canada,Aborigines
(There are three spots available for more civilizations! If you have suggestions for a new civ please post it on this thread!)
-New Main Menu
-Any other changes I may need
Version 1.2 Plans
-Any other Civilizations I didn't add to v1.1
-The new Javilineer, Assasin, and other new units
-An Improved Version of the World Map that this Mod Originaly Comes With
-Any More Improvements/Changes I Need to Make
-Add new unit types (OAU, DAU, and a unit class specifically for Assasins!)
-Martimus

Ya, I need some help. Could you explain how you do that exactly?

All right, I have a few concerns about the feedback on my mod.
First of all, for my very first mod, isn't it a bit harsh to give it onestar/F? I don't mind constructive criticism, but if you are going to give my mod only one star, then you have to own up to it.:confused:
Why did you only give me one star? What did I do wrong? The main reason I have this thread is to have people comment and give constructive criticism on my mod. I want to know what exactly you have a problem with. Please don't make me feel like I used a whole entire month of my time for nothing.:(
Secondly, please ignore the rating of my mod until the owner of the rating has given a decent reason why he or she gave my mod that rating. They either have a biased opinion or they really didn't like something about my mod. If you looked under what my mod is made up of, you would then know if you wouldn't like it right off the bat. So please, for all of our sakes, keep yourself informed.:thumbsdown:
I honestly don't mind if you have given my mod only one star for a good reason, but posting the rating then saying nothing really agrivates me!:mad:
Like I said, I have posted this thread specifically for constuctive criticism. So please, give a half decent reason before going around injuring someone's credibilidy and feelings.:(
-Martimus
P.S.
Oh, I also forgot to mention, this mod won't work on a Mac computer. So if the whole 1 star deal was because of you owning a macintosh, then please, get a life.:p

We have sometimes idiots here, who rate things just for fun with 1 star.
Sadly we can't do anything about that (not even deleting it).
So don't worry about the rating, it probably doesn't mean anything.
I gave a vote against, and maybe 1 or 2 others will do the same, so that it doesn't look too bad.

Hey, it seems you made some cool base components, however, they have almost all been used in other mods too.
Consider adding even more civilizations : if you want a playable world map with maximum 50 civs, you better have 50 different civilizations available ;)
What do you want to excel at? It seems you are interested in making it the game feel more 'real' and feel more historical. I'm sure you can come up with an interesting new feature which represents something in the real world, such as more advanced diplomacy, new unit classes allowing more tactics...
Good luck!

I'm not exactly looking for a realistic approach, more like just makeing the overall game expierence in each era better. Thats why technology costs are two times higher.
Also, thanks for the tip, I think I will tweak a few unit classes already present and create a few of my own.:)
For instance, the archer, longbowman and other units after that will be "Defencive Archery Units". While units like the javilineer I will be adding and the crossbowman will be considered "Offencive Archery Units". I may switch the roles of the crossbowman and longbowman, depending on people's tastes, but you get the big picture.:crazyeye:
I think I will also add in the neutral states, which will be alot like the barbarian state civ, but I will probly make some XML tweaks so they actually act like neutral city-states.
Also, for the next two versions, I will be adding civilizations so there will be exactly 50 playable civilizations including ones that already come with the game. However, I mean 50 not counting Neutral and Barbarian states. I am also protesting on the fact of replacing Holy Rome with Poland and then adding another new civ entirely.
-Martimus
P.S. (The J)
Could you please explain how I would go about making a main menu using a previous one with different text? That would be cool.
Also, does the process only use XML? I can't use Python, don't want to either, and I can't open any art type files.

If you mean they will have seperate unit combat roles then yes. Basically the OAU will get a hightened city attack and most will have bonuses against other archery or melee units. However, OAUs will not get defencive bonuses, so they won't be very good for defending. However, DAUs will pretty much be exactly like normal archery units are right now.
If you have any suggestions in terms of this, I will be happy to listen.
And the J, what I mean by that is, how do you use a default main menu background and style and all, but just change the title text at the top of the screen.
So, for example, I take the regular BTS background, how can I change the text at the top so it says "Civilization IV: Past, Present Futures" instead of "Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword".
I have looked all over the forums and I can't seem to find an answer. I looked for 2 flippen hours man!:p
Help would be appriciated.

not sure if this is what you are asking but,
on your .ini file, make sure this is typed:

; Name of Mod
Name = Civilization IV: Past, Present, Futures

Ya, I have that typed, but it dosn't change anything, other than the fact that its in white letters in the top right hand corner. What I want to do is to replace the main title in the middle right above the menu selections. (Like Civilopedia, Singleplayer, etc.)
Thank you for the advice, but it didn't really help. Thank you anyway for your suggestion!:D

The first capital of Brazil is Bahia (and today is Brasilia,Rio de Janeiro has the 2° capital of Brazil in history) and whi you use this flag to Brazil ? Can you use the actual Brazilian Flag ? The Historic of Brazil is missed in game, has one mod ( I dont remenber now) that have the history of Brazil...
I realy like your mod thanks to make the Brazil unit so cool and basead in history, one sugestion you can give an meele atack to UU of brazil and others units that usualy used sword in story for exemple UU of France,Brazil,Otomans and others. You can make this with some resurce that you can add new actions to units... I belive You know this Toll. Congratulations and I will wait news Updates !!!!!!!! (Sorry for something wrong, my english is very bad, but i have good intetion in help !!!!)

Sorry for the delay, with Christmas and New Years my schedule has been tied up. However, thank you for feed back. However, I am sorry to say that I used someone elses unit from their Brazil mod. (Their contribution is listed in the credits). Honestly, I only know how to use XML, so I can't change anything that uses Python or anything else. I also can't open or change art files like DDS files. Also, I don't like how the real flag looks in game, and I like to stick to the style of the original flag style. However, your suggestion has been noted, and I thank you for it.
-Martimus

Top Bottom