1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.0.0.62 Unable to select Mod Civ's

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by AggPed, Oct 23, 2010.

1. AggPed

AggPed Chieftain

Ever since Steam installed the new patch, I cannot start a new game and see any modded civ's to select in Single Player mode.

At first I thought it was just something that had happened to the mod's in general, but was able to create a mod altering an existing civ. Then I thought it was my mod civ, but I hadn't been able to find anything wrong with it (and nothing had changed from pre-patch).

Then I just downloaded 3 mod civs from online (Dutch, Scottish and Canada), and they behave the same way. The mod will be enabled, but when I go to start a new game those civs are not choices available to play, only the original installed civs.

2. Jerk

Jerk Chieftain

3. AggPed

AggPed Chieftain

Ok. Your fix worked great for my modded civ. But I know I had previous experience that if you directly mod the original files it seemed to start creating crashes on game load. I don't know if that has been fixed in the new patch or not. Have you tested that by any chance? (I won't get to test for a little while yet).

4. Jerk

Jerk Chieftain

I haven't had any crash issues on load since I have changed the original game file. I guess that does not mean it's not possible though. If that is a concern then I would edit the mods individually. Information on how to do that is in the first code block in the previous link.

5. diScOpOlis

diScOpOlis Chieftain

Hey,

I have a serious problem. I have been playing and downloading some mods without any problems. I have also downloaded some civilization mods giving us more civilizations to play with. Also no prob. But now I can't play with them anymore. I should have about 16+ new civilizations but they don't show up in my advanced setup civilizations list and also when I play with randomly chosen (22 civilizations for example) It will not choose between the new civilizations, only the basic civs.

For some reason there is only 1 custom civilization in my civ list and in game: Andrea Gritti of Venice, all the others I can't play with anymore.

I have for example the mod "Hukkaks extra civs pack" + some others. so it shouldn't be because of the mod.

I rlly need help on this so plz do so :)

6. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Threads merged.
    See above for the fix.