Patch 1.1 CTD

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
I'm preparing patch and we get weird results for last two weeks:

This problem seems very very wierd - and it doesn't seem incompatibility of graphic/sound card - it's what i was experiencing yesterday:

1. As you know patch worked on my comp.
Yesterday i installed in on new install of 1.0b - and i get CTD
I removed sounds - the same - due the eliminations i found that it's causing by Calliope - very weird because this unit is very well done. Without calliope the game runed smoothly.

2. So i prepered new patch without new sounds and without calliope
I installed it on v 1.0 - CTD again - using elimination if ound that's made by new buttons!!!! (And there's no .nif wich would be causing problems). Ok i prepered patch without sounds, buttons, calliope.

3. The same - CTD. I start to looking in old files (from 1.0 b) - i cleaned all .nif files from art/interface folders (except nif responsible for main menu) - and the game runs smoothly even when i pasted the same buttons wich was causing problems last time

4. So the next patch i removed all arts and make patch with fixed art folder. Installed it and... yes, you're right CTD!. It's when i lost patience yesterday and went to bed.

Ok so we have the same problem in (counting patch 1.1):
- V1, V2, Ballistic Missile (i experimented with this in the begining so it might be unstable) - the newest version seemed fixed
- BM-13 (also possible, but eliminated doesn't stops CTD)
- Sounds (i don't see what might be wrong here) (including .mp3 from working 1.0b version)
- Sherman Calliope - i'm sure this unit should work well, if not - the dozens of tanks shouldn't work either
- Buttons - ??????
- Old graphic files (.nifs) in interface folder
- New movie files .dds (for Colosseum and DNA Project)
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=212338 - just making the copy of file Civ4_BuildingsInfos.xml in assets/xml/Buildings/

Some people have this bug when installs 1.0b version (just few - so this what happens now it might be old problem, or not connected to the current bug at all).
As you can see there is no pattern in this, and i have no idea why it might happen. I post this message here - maybe someone had similliar problem before or might know what's causing this?

The CTD appears when loading scenario - after hitting load scenario and it crash in the moment of choosing leaders (just when the window appear). What's more weird choosing single player -> new game doesn't crash game (i didn't noticed that) -> and you can choose leader.

It might be somehow connected to the issue that i can't load old saves - weird comunicate is appearing - maybe this information would be helpful for you

The file is here - This is test file causing CTD in some cases and not fully working.
Please remeber to backup files.

http://ez-files.net/download.php?file=ae3faef31be09a730d137f4f44d4493b

What's new:

Spoiler :
- New versions of scenarios.
- Building BM-13, Medic, Forced_labourer don't crash game anymore. It also displays well theire small buttons.
- Building Olympia Stadium, Colloseum, National Expansion Memorial, League Of Nations, Arc de Triomphe, Red Cross, Brandenburg

Gate, Leaning Tower, Discovering DNA Structure, Discovering Penicillin don't crash game anymore. Now it plays movie for that

wonders or show pictures of them (in case we don't have movie)
- Decreased technology cost - around 20-30%
- Now trading over the ocean is possible.
- Building League Of Nations doesn't treager Global Elections.
- New Building - United Nations - Allows to win game diplomaticly.
- Elite Marines and First Strike 2 Promotions doesn't give so much First Strike Ability now
- M4 Sherman and Mk VI Crusader doesn't give to much First Strike now.
- Added strategy texts for Units
- Added UN Building available with Discovery of Color Television
- New model for Sherman Calliope, Messerchmitt Me-262 and Amiot 143
- New Unit Amiot 350
- Now animated V1, V2, Ballistic Missile, V2 with A-BomB Warhead, Ballistic Missile with A-BomB Warhead, P-38 Lightning
- Completly rebalanced buildings - new parameters, costs, requirements, buildings' options
- Corrected displaying of buildings (some needed changes in model) on map (now all buildings appear on the map).
- Changed cost of tanks - it costs now around 10% more
- ISBM and heavy tanks (and most of medium) costs two golds per turn more.
- Light tanks and some medium tanks (mostly russian) costs one extra gold per turn (so all this changes should slightly change

unit ratios of army (now is 5 tanks : 1 infantry)- keeping big tank armies would be expensive now).
- Missiles now operational - included Dale's Missiles Mod.
- Corected playing movies for a-bomb and h-bomb test sites
- Moved a-bomb and h-bomb test sites from national wonders buildings to projects and now it needs much efforts to build WMD
- To build a-bomb project you'll need to build 4 projects before (Isotope Manufacturing Plant, Induction Accelerator, Nuclear

Reactor, Heavy Water Manufacturing Plant).
- To build h-bomb project you'll need A-Bomb Project complited and other project Tritium exctraction plant.
- To build "nukes" you'll need now A-Bomb Project
- To build nuclear silos wich are used for ICBM with A warhead and H warhead, you require now H-Bomb Project complited
- Building all that wmd projects doesn't make that all nations could build nukes - all nations should have own atomic program

complited - without it you or ai can't build nukes
- Building Bomb shelter doesn't require A-Bomb project complited anymore
- Nuclear Plant require now fusion bomb technology (i was wondering if not throw away it completly (mid 50's technology), but i

left it.
- You cannot build now all wonders that was build before WW2 - so Colosseum will stand builded in Rome, if for example scenario

will be on Pacific - you still won't be able to build colosseum. I changed it that you can place.
- Warsaw Royal Palace , Versailles and Prague Castles are now unique buildings replacing palaces
- Reichstag and Hungarian Parliament are unique buildings replacing parliamentthis building in world builder, but it can't be

builded during game play on the map.
- Germany now builds Afrika Korps instead Dessert Infantry
- Sounds for religiopns/ideologies
- New sounds for Sherman, Sherman Calliope, Willys MB, SDKfZ 222
- Some sounds set to mono and with lowered bitarate to lower memory need.
- Some textures cropped to lower memory need.
- Other minor fixes.

if you want you may test it, check it, during elmination check wich files causing troubles (i've added also source code for the mod).

Thx for help

Just played the new patch and I didn't have any ctd. Everything seemed to work out fine. I played 1939 scen. But then in week 4 of November the game freezed after I captured Toulouse:confused:
Tomorrow I will try the other maps, probably the ctd problem lies in there!?:scan:

Just played the new patch and I didn't have any ctd. Everything seemed to work out fine. I played 1939 scen. But then in week 4 of November the game freezed after I captured Toulouse:confused:
Tomorrow I will try the other maps, probably the ctd problem lies in there!?:scan:

Do you have autosave of this game?

I'm glad that you run the game smoothly - the patch seems unstable but not so evil - i'll check today and tomorrow code and graphics and than make decision to release it

The autosaves didn't work due to a naming issue. I played the game in german and not in english which also caused problems in other mods in the past. Tonight I will play in english and also try the other scens. That the game froze must not mean that it is caused by your mod, could also be a firaxis bug. I conquered other cities before without any probs. I will try it with the same city again and this time I will be able to share a savegame;)
As far as I played yesterday everything was fine, so I think the patch can be released. Asio what soundcard and videocard do you have in your comp?

The autosaves didn't work due to a naming issue. I played the game in german and not in english which also caused problems in other mods in the past. Tonight I will play in english and also try the other scens. That the game froze must not mean that it is caused by your mod, could also be a firaxis bug. I conquered other cities before without any probs. I will try it with the same city again and this time I will be able to share a savegame;)
As far as I played yesterday everything was fine, so I think the patch can be released. Asio what soundcard and videocard do you have in your comp?

Ok i'll try to fix red blob of BM-13 Today and i'll release it. I'll check once again graphic files.

MSI (i don't remeber number rught now) GeForce 7800GT
Creative Audigy 2

Ok i check this out - maybe problem lays not in mod but in drivers. thx :)

Didn't work for me ether. I get CTD.. I got nvidia geforce 4400mx.. By the way after i tried the patch i deleted it and i had backupped files and i put them back now i still get ctd even that i dont have patch installed O__o so i cant play the mod at the moment so it's old bug which was in first version too i think..

Didn't work for me ether. I get CTD.. I got nvidia geforce 4400mx.. By the way after i tried the patch i deleted it and i had backupped files and i put them back now i still get ctd even that i dont have patch installed O__o so i cant play the mod at the moment so it's old bug which was in first version too i think..

OK
And finally i have progress in the matter - i agree - it's old bug - i started to cleaned old graphic (deleted unused and those making troubles - mostly .kfm and .kf - i left them only whey are real needed) files and game stopped CTD (but as i found that doesn't mean the bug ix fixed - so i'll need run some test before sending this)

I think in this case the best idea would be not to make patch (many files are not overwrited, but deleted) - but to download whole game again with 1.1b (i know it's heavy file). We'll see

I'm still cleaning graphics - but i'm 60% sure that this problems was made by animations of units.

Well, I just found out something very interesting. I tried to play the mod in english and everytime I tried to load a scen I had this ctd. It happened when the screen should pop up where you choose the civ. Then I tried german again and I didn't have any problems with any scen.;) So probably your text files are somehow messed up. Check out the text files you recently changed or find out what files else are exactly loaded when this screen should pop up. You have to take a look into the python files for this. The whole problem could be just one single bracket within a file or something else.

BINGO!!!

I remeber kodzi had problems with running mod in Polish Language - the problem was made by nonlatin letters - they need to be coded to ention with numbers. After coding - game runned smoothly and before - crashed - and kodzi said perhaps (he don't rember this now well) it was crashing around leaders.

So the bugs might be e with dash on top or a with two dots :) - texts was coppied from wikipedia so they might contain a lot of this letters

I cleaned graphics :)
I need to cleant the TXT xmls tomorrow
anyone wants to help?

That explains a lot. I'm glad that we've finally found this bug. Sometimes the solution to a complex problem is just a simple little detail.:scan:

BINGO!!!

I remeber kodzi had problems with running mod in Polish Language - the problem was made by nonlatin letters - they need to be coded to ention with numbers. After coding - game runned smoothly and before - crashed - and kodzi said perhaps (he don't rember this now well) it was crashing around leaders.

So the bugs might be e with dash on top or a with two dots :) - texts was coppied from wikipedia so they might contain a lot of this letters

I cleaned graphics :)
I need to cleant the TXT xmls tomorrow
anyone wants to help?

Send me the files you want worked on for cleaning - or tell me which ones to work on...

I think we can turn off civilopedia in this patch - it won't be crime i suppose - the patch would be faster this way

So JungleIII check this files where for example there will be letter "ó" change it to "o", etc - if you find andy gramatical, ortographical bug you may feel free to correct to. :)
CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_UnitsDesc.xml
CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_UnitsStrategy.xml
CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_ProjectsDesc.xml
CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_BuildingsStrategy.xml
CIV4GameTextInfos_Warlords_WW2_Cities.xml

I'll check the rest of files and turn off civilopedia - reading all this stuff today could be headache, and i want to release patch asap

I think we can turn off civilopedia in this patch - it won't be crime i suppose - the patch would be faster this way

So JungleIII check this files where for example there will be letter "ó" change it to "o", etc - if you find andy gramatical, ortographical bug you may feel free to correct to. :)

I'll check the rest of files and turn off civilopedia - reading all this stuff today could be today, and i want to release patch asap
I'll get to work right away - I'll let you know progress in a few hours...

What do I do with items like:
>[COLOR_BUILDING_TEXT]Baraki[COLOR_REVERT] daj&#225; punkty do&#228;wiadczenia dla jednostek piechoty. Przy&#228;piesza te&#235; ich produkcj&#234;. Stawiaj je w ka&#235;dym mie&#228;cie, kt&#243;re b&#234;dzie nastawione na produkcj&#234; armii. Wymagane, &#235;eby wybudowa&#226; bardziej zaawansowane rodzaje piechoty i niekt&#243;re budynki.</Text>

I can remove the umlauts and so forth, but should the polish translations be in the game when totally in foreign language characters?... Should I replace with the English version??? This polish description for a Barracks and many of the other translated descriptions have been in the game for a long time and caused no problem.? I can go through the list replacing ... &#234;, &#235;, &#228;, &#243;, etc... but the translation is kinda useless then...???

ok now we have one of the troublemakers :)
ok before you start fixing you may try one utility - on ftp - in folder kodzi there's file 01.zip
1. download it and unpack
2. now copy all the files to the ww2 1939/assets/xml/text/
3. open with notepad (or other editor like pspad, edit+) file named fileslist.txt
and paste all this names:
Code:
there.
4. Save and exit
5. Run code.cmd
6. If you made everything well you'll have something like this instead weird letters:
Code:
		<French>
			<Text>&#196;wiat przed drug&#225; wojn&#225; &#228;wiatow&#225;</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0</Plural>
		</French> 
Damn it changes this numbers to leters :( - you'll have & # 225 ; - without spaces

7. If it still displaying wrong it might be fault of xml editor you use (i have this before with one of the xml editor)
try to use XML Markup or / and (i use them both depending what i want to make) PSPad

If you have already numbers (& # 225 ; - without spaces) - that's good - it's how the non-latin letters should be coded if you find &#233;, &#228;, &#246;, &#248;, &#223;, &#229;, etc. just change it for example to e, a, o, o, s, a - you can also change to proper numbers like this & # 225 ;

http://isthe.com/chongo/tech/comp/html-charset.html

so instead &#233; type & # 233 ; - without spaces - but it's much work

If you see wierd letters try to use XML Markup or PSPad

Top Bottom