Patch 1.21 bugs & problems.

Just downloaded it but I will not touch it until I hear from all you good people. Patch 1.17 was so bad I stuck with 1.16. I will wait. It is a BIG patch 9MB

just downloaded, tried editor and got this with the new functions "Scenario Properties" and "Player properties" (for some reason all other Tabs, etc are in spanish since the first patch i think, EXCEPT the new ones) all others work normally so far...

Again...

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 5,846
I don't have any problem with the Editor. The scenario and player properties screen work fine for me...

Great, waiting to play again, and I get this crap...

Attachments

• suck.jpg
    suck.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 5,186
Originally posted by Thunderfall
I don't have any problem with the Editor. The scenario and player properties screen work fine for me...
(forgot to say my OS is WinXP)
Thanks.... ummm i wonder what´s happening? :confused:
I already tried unistalling/reinstalling... hmmm...

Originally posted by Thunderfall

What's the problem? Don't you have the CD? :confused:

Of course I got the frigging CD. At first I thought they added some new copy protection check (I play with my backup copy of all games), but the original doesn't work either, in either of my CD drives.

I do so love being Firaxis' beta tester...

Venger

Fixed it...

Attention: This fix requires forethought and a general clue.

In the registry, their is a CD_Path key. If you don't put the CD in that drive, or don't have a CD at that drive letter, the program bombs.

Note: It is 2002 - get with it guys, people add drives and stuff on occassion - I have yet to have another program fail on me because I run the CD from a different drive letter than where it was installed from...

Running now...

Venger

Originally posted by Venger
Fixed it...r

Good to know. :) For a moment I thought you are one of those pirates who downloaded Civ3. One person emailed me today and said "I downloaded Civ3 but don't know what to do with the big file. Can you help?". :eek:

I just loaded the game I was currently playing before the patch(started this morning as a matter of fact, hehe), and I have a weird scrolling bug with the mouse.

When I am in the lower half of the map, nothing goes wrong, I can scroll up/down, left/right without a problem.

When I am in the upper half however, I can't scroll down past the equator, I need to click on the minimap to go below. The scrolling just stops, as if you were at the end of the map. I can scroll up from the bottom with no problem, but not the opposite. Also, I can't go past the 3/4 line on the right either, same problem. This one goes both ways, I will block at the same place either from the left or the right.

It seems as if the map coordinates were 'moved' and the map cropped at the wrong place. It's a standard size map and I'm on win98 SE. Everything used to work fine. I haven't tested other save games tho, just this one. Anyone else had this problem?

No problem with scrolling here. Everything seems to be fine! :goodjob: Going to start a new game now...

Here's the faulty savegame... It was saved with the new patch. It worked fine before upgrading to 1.21f. Is it doing the same thing to you or I'm special? =)

EDIT: Updated save game, one turn later.

Originally posted by Karhgath
Here's the faulty savegame... It was saved under the previous patch. It worked fine before upgrading to 1.21f. Is it doing the same thing to you or I'm special? =)

You are special. :) The saved game works fine on my comp.

You may want to restart your computer....

It may just be me, but I have tried both a save game from prior to the patch, and a new game from scrath.

STACK MOVEMENT is different. All units in a stack must be awake before it works. So if you have 20 calvary fortified before the big attack, you will need to wake all of them one at a time before they will move in a stack.

I personally don't like the change. But otherwise the patch works great in an hour and a half of use ;-)

Bill

EDIT: Ok, this is getting silly =) You have to end the turn, and then the bug appears. I've updated the save game above, one turn later, try to scroll down with the mouse, or right, it will 'block'. I've rebooted, reapplied the patch, smashed my computer with a hammer(ok, kidding=), nothing works, hehe.

Top Bottom