Patch 1.74

DaveMcW

Deity
The patch is out, with lots of useful bug fixes. I'm sure we will upgrade this game eventually, but in the meantime please make a copy of your current Civ4 folder before you patch.

There's one controversial change:
* Cossack gets only 25% bonus versus mounted

I'm not sure how that will affect the Piffle-Aloha war. :mischief:

Since i have BTS:p i have discovered a problem with opening the save with the new patch

So can this be changed by Sirian mid game? If not then i believe its only fair to call it a 5 way draw and a new MTDG:mischief:

Speaking for team Innovia, I will not patch yet because of other games needing 1.61. When I do patch, I will keep a dual-install. Hopefully some other players will also keep a dual install. So I think that our team will be ok with continuing this game in 1.61.

So what are we doing? for the time being i haven't played the save but can play it as soon as i know whats going on.

Wouldn't you need 2 hard drives to keep a dual install?

Also it does limit the number of players who can play the save which could lead to more interuptions to the game.

I've got an external hard drive but i dont think you need two, you just need to have enough memory space to play the two games.

But installing a new copy of the game overwrites the original one does it not. Maybe there is a way to install a second copy manually to avoid this but that i don't know

Apparantly with things like the mtdg/isdg all we need to do is this.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5704475&postcount=25

How exactly do I go about "unlocking" the save? I know the admin password and so does RM, but Gyathaar's instructions about unlocking/locking have me stuck.

Of course, we could just use dual-installs (you don't need two hard drives, I've done it, and it's quite easy). This would be my vote as it's easiest, but whatever.

If I'm reading Gyathaar's post right, you just need to pick up a save, open it in 1.61, enter the admin password, (play+save it?), then open it in 1.74 and lock it again.

Yeah, id say a game admin doing that is a whole lot easier than all of us having to dual install.

what sucks is the changes to units and the game. Think of it from Alohas stand point. By patching, our UU gets demoted, and in essence Piffle gets a bonus during our war. If we werent fighting, no big deal but since we are at war its changing the odds in the middle of it. If it weren't us then I would still say it isn't fair or correct to change the game in progress but I guess majority rules if we have to vote, so we will end up getting screwed.

If I am correct thats the only thing it really effects in this game.

can anyone direct me to some more info about 1.74? I just played multi for the first time yesterday and the game asked me to download the 1.74 patch. I did but later started looking for info about it, list of changes etc.

I am unable to find it mentioned anywhere, whats up with that?

EDIT: 10 more minutes and I found out the patch was only relased yesterday, just when I run the multiplayer for hte first time. It all make sense now, altrough I did not expect this game to be patched again.

Just nerfing Cossacks and fixes already introduced by the HoF mod

Even if the fixes are pretty clearly an improvement… I don’t see how it can be considered “fair” to change the rules in the middle of any game.

Unless there’s just no way to continue without patching, I personally think we should stick with the current patch level.

We could dump the game declare it a dream and start over. OF course sirian said he wanted this game finished so thats not fair to him after all his hard work.

We could dump the game declare it a dream and start over. OF course sirian said he wanted this game finished so thats not fair to him after all his hard work.

I think we definitely shouldn't quit, after all the time everyone (players, admins and Sirian) has invested in this game

Top Bottom