Patch coming out?

Mid-October isn't over yet. I'm pretty sure there is one in the works, indeed, last I heard it was finished but due to some kind of scheduling problems with QA it would take a little time. It'll be released when it'll be released, I guess.

cymru_man said:
It'll be released when it'll be released, I guess.

Quite a bold statement:lol:

cymru_man said:
It'll be released when it'll be released, I guess.

Should be the new advertising slogan for Windows Vista. :D

General Failure

Well, from what I have heard, it was done ages ago, but the QA people are holding it back until around the 18th-20th of October.
Trust me though, every time I load up a game, I always go straight to advanced first and try and find updates-JUST IN CASE ;)!

Aussie_Lurker.

Aussie_Lurker said:
Well, from what I have heard, it was done ages ago, but the QA people are holding it back until around the 18th-20th of October.
Trust me though, every time I load up a game, I always go straight to advanced first and try and find updates-JUST IN CASE ;)!

Aussie_Lurker.
18 or 19 october... That's tomorrow and the day after tomorrow...
They should give us preview patch first maybe :lol: .

Regards,
Arto.

Wow...that'd be awesome if there was a new patch tomorrow or the next day. I wonder if the Mehmed II file fixes will be included. I still can't believe that was broken in the official release.

eric_ said:
Wow...that'd be awesome if there was a new patch tomorrow or the next day. I wonder if the Mehmed II file fixes will be included. I still can't believe that was broken in the official release.
What was wrong with Mehmed II file? (pardon my ignorance :D)

The figurehead graphic/animation files were corrupted, which caused the game to crash to desktop the moment you met him. I believe people were also unable to play as him because the game would crash in the opening screen (It is the year 4000 BC and your people have vested absolute power in you...). I never had a chance to test playing as him as I met him in my first Warlords game, blew a gasket when it crashed, and then came here and found the modded fix.

I'm kind of curious how many this affected. It seemed to be a lot.

eric_ said:
The figurehead graphic/animation files were corrupted, which caused the game to crash to desktop the moment you met him. I believe people were also unable to play as him because the game would crash in the opening screen (It is the year 4000 BC and your people have vested absolute power in you...). I never had a chance to test playing as him as I met him in my first Warlords game, blew a gasket when it crashed, and then came here and found the modded fix.
Really? I've never used a mod, and he's in practically all of my games. It's never crashed out once. Is this a problem across the board, or is it specific to certain settings/hardware setups/Operating systems?

I've never had a problem with Mehmed II, and encountered him in at least three recent games. Been in diplomatic contact a lot too. Maybe I've been lucky?

General Failure

It was not a problem in the majority of hardware/OS cases, but still fairly common. A bit like the problems with ATI cards in the first reelase of CIV (although not related, I struggled to get Civ4 to work with my ATI card when I first bought it, but Mehmet was never a problem for me).

Hopefully they'll add an fix for the SAM audio glitch, even though you can fix it on your own. It just makes it eaiser if you have to reinstall the game.

The Mehmed corruption was traced to a certain type of video card, although I don't remember what type.

Hopefully they'll add an fix for the SAM audio glitch, even though you can fix it on your own. It just makes it eaiser if you have to reinstall the game.

What glitch is that? It wouldn't happen to be the one that sounds like 7 seconds of spring reverb blasting out of an amplifire that's cranked to 11, would it?

How come we don't have a release date of the patch for Warlords???
Isn't it supposed to come out in October? 12 more days left or what... :)

Top Bottom