Patch coming?

Mafutnyoas

Chieftain
Wondering if anyone has some concrete information on whether or not a patch will be released soon? I've checked the Civ page quickly, but nothing comes up. Thanks in advance

Yes. There will be a patch soon*. It's gonna be called the Fall* Patch.

Spoiler :
*Soon doesn't mean soon in the most common sense. Just someday.
*Fall doesn't actually mean Fall. But probably before Christmas.

All known about it so far is that Germany and Japan will be changed. How, we do not know however.

All known about it so far is that Germany and Japan will be changed. How, we do not know however.

I know they said they are planning but they did they actually SAID so...?

Anyways, the one thing to know about Fall Patch is that I think its' going to be the biggest "update" ever... along with bugs/glitches/balance improvements they are planning on doing a lot more, maybe add few National Wonders, GWAM works (which is seriously needed).. and maybe proper diplomacy in multiplayer :rolleyes:

I know they said they are planning but they did they actually SAID so...?

Anyways, the one thing to know about Fall Patch is that I think its' going to be the biggest "update" ever... along with bugs/glitches/balance improvements they are planning on doing a lot more, maybe add few National Wonders, GWAM works (which is seriously needed).. and maybe proper diplomacy in multiplayer :rolleyes:

Do you have a source for this?

Does this mean people south of the equator they have to wait longer since its winter now and will be spring soon? ;p

The one thing to know about the fall patch is that a guy on the Internet hopes it'll be good. Got it.

lol. This is why I never take Fall Patch threads seriously.

Everyone`s like `It`ll be this and it`ll have that! etc,etc.` But when a smart person says `Exactly where did you get this info?` We find out no one knows or it`s all `I think`.

I`ll just wait till I see official word.

From the appearance of Firaxis developers on an earlier Polycast episode, we have a likely possibility that Japan and Germany will be revised, and since it's a fall patch, some of the bigger issues are certain to be fixed: the fact that the number of Great Works in a game is very limited on larger maps, problems with social policies *coughmerchantconfederacycough*, bugs relevant to free buildings not working if you already own those buildings (if you finish Tradition with an Aqueduct in your capital, it will be made maintenance free but will not actually function), and various other issues that are most frequently raised. I wouldn't say absolute new content is CERTAIN to happen in a patch, as the only big example of that is the Circus Maximus, but it's expected at least that the patch will iron out the biggest issues in the game, and given that changes to two civs are in a sense confirmed, it's likely that other civilizations will be slightly revised and worked to be more balanced.

From the appearance of Firaxis developers on an earlier Polycast episode, we have a likely possibility that Japan and Germany will be revised, and since it's a fall patch, some of the bigger issues are certain to be fixed: the fact that the number of Great Works in a game is very limited on larger maps, problems with social policies *coughmerchantconfederacycough*, bugs relevant to free buildings not working if you already own those buildings (if you finish Tradition with an Aqueduct in your capital, it will be made maintenance free but will not actually function), and various other issues that are most frequently raised. I wouldn't say absolute new content is CERTAIN to happen in a patch, as the only big example of that is the Circus Maximus, but it's expected at least that the patch will iron out the biggest issues in the game, and given that changes to two civs are in a sense confirmed, it's likely that other civilizations will be slightly revised and worked to be more balanced.

You're right; new buildings are rarely added in patches. Over the years, they've added:
-circus Maximus
-Grand Temple
-Aqueduct
-Stone works (as well as stone itself)

They only add new buildings for balance purposes, so we'll see if there's a new one in this fall patch.

I think that it was mentioned that Firaxis hope to be able to talk about the patch a bit more soon, so with luck we'll get some clarification on what it'll actually include in the next few weeks or so.

You're right; new buildings are rarely added in patches. Over the years, they've added:
-circus Maximus
-Grand Temple
-Aqueduct
-Stone works (as well as stone itself)

They only add new buildings for balance purposes, so we'll see if there's a new one in this fall patch.

Don't forget the now missing National Treasury.

anyone noticed they call it the Fall -Balance- Patch? Did they do that in previous patches or will the focus be on balancing the game more than ever?

Top Bottom